News Article: Contract Extention-Cory Schneider in talks with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

The issue here is you are treating Brodeur as just any other older player...As if this was Mativchuk or Hedberg...

Let's go over this very slowly.

This is one of the greatest players in the History of the game. How you handle his exit is a reflection of the organization...Not only in a public relations and imagery kind of way, but in a reputation of how other players view the organization kind of way.

Whether Brodeur is finished or not, is completely irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is how his departure is handled. And it should be in the most dignified way possible. He has earned that.

I totally agree with your last paragraph but the Devils couldn't plan anything because they don't know what Marty was/is going to do.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The issue here is you are treating Brodeur as just any other older player...As if this was Mativchuk or Hedberg...

Let's go over this very slowly.

This is one of the greatest players in the History of the game. How you handle his exit is a reflection of the organization...Not only in a public relations and imagery kind of way, but in a reputation of how other players view the organization kind of way.

Whether Brodeur is finished or not, is completely irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is how his departure is handled. And it should be in the most dignified way possible. He has earned that.

No, you see, none of that matters because he's old now. We should tell him to **** off.

Gotta love these "what have you done for me lately?" fans. Oh, that's right, a Stanley Cup finals run two years ago and 20 years of dominance. But forget all that, he sucks now.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
No, you see, none of that matters because he's old now. We should tell him to **** off.

Gotta love these "what have you done for me lately?" fans. Oh, that's right, a Stanley Cup finals run two years ago and 20 years of dominance. But forget all that, he sucks now.

can you explain how all the stuff in the past makes him a better player right now. cause next season is based on how he is RIGHT NOW, not 20 years ago

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
can you explain how all the stuff in the past makes him a better player right now. cause next season is based on how he is RIGHT NOW, not 20 years ago

What I'm saying is that you treat a player like Brodeur, who carried the team on his back for 20 years, with utmost respect/class on his way out especially after everything he accomplished with the organization

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

FYI Marty doesn't have 20 Vezinas. He has 14 years where he was top 5 in voting. The guy last great season was in 2009-10. He has been bad ever since. Not sure why people are okay with losing just so they can keep Marty happy.

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Marty is currently nowhere near good enough the be demanding X amount of games or X million dollars. if you still think he is you are dreaming. and he knows he cant do it with Lou anymore. read any of his quotes recently. theres plenty out there. he knows he needs to go to another team because this one has moved on from him.

right but none of that was the point. the point is Marty earned the right to ask for more playing time last year. the legend who had more wins than his 'backup' wanting to play more last year is maybe the furthest thing from 'whining'.

it's so fashionable to take shots at the guy around here. what a below average fat POS, eh?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
FYI Marty doesn't have 20 Vezinas. He has 14 years where he was top 5 in voting. The guy last great season was in 2009-10. He has been bad ever since. Not sure why people are okay with losing for just to see Marty.

I thought we weren't allowed talk about wins and losses and goaltenders? I thought wins and losses were a team effort and that is why Brodeur won just about 50% of his game and Cory only won 35% of his this season? No? :dunno:

We lost to see Cory this season and you apparently like that.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

what does him winning a Cup 20 years ago have to do with 2014? should we just let Marty do whatever he wants forever because he was an all time Devils great?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Silly me... I came in to read about Schnieders potential resigning... Not more of this Marty vs Cory crap.... Ugh.... (Walks out)

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
whatever he wants...oh man.

why don't you list what he wants? someone please list these demands Marty is making because he 'won a cup 20 years ago'.

1-playing time
2- __________
3- __________
4- __________

is that all? so he wants to play, and has already said he will also look elsewhere so as to not hinder the NJD future. oh no, what a whiner. string him up!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If I have to watch Marty do a farewell through Canada wearing a different jersey I don't think I'll ever forgive this organization.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
right but none of that was the point. the point is Marty earned the right to ask for more playing time last year. the legend who had more wins than his 'backup' wanting to play more last year is maybe the furthest thing from 'whining'.

it's so fashionable to take shots at the guy around here. what a below average fat POS, eh?

Sorry, you can't be asking for more playing time when you have a sub .900 Svp. I don't think people realize just how bad Marty was last year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Sorry, you can't be asking for more playing time when you have a sub .900 Svp. I don't think people realize just how bad Marty was last year.

Can you make demands for a long term contract and 60+ plus games with a below 40% win percentage?

BTW, Marty Never had a Below .900SV% but Cory only won 35% of his games.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
whatever he wants...oh man.

why don't you list what he wants? someone please list these demands Marty is making because he 'won a cup 20 years ago'.

1-playing time
2- __________
3- __________
4- __________

is that all? so he wants to play, and has already said he will also look elsewhere so as to not hinder the NJD future. oh no, what a whiner. string him up!

where did I call Marty a whiner? that billington guy called Cory a whiner when in fact he didn't even demand anything....

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
You burn up a huge portion of the good will and and benefit of the doubt you've accumulated when you air your team's dirty laundry to the media in the middle of the season and publicly explore your trade/FA options while under contract with a team you claim to love.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

I don't look at it so broadly. he had stretches where he played great, especially after the break. he had more wins, and to be frank, the team played completely different when he played.

the teams stats sucked as a whole this year. I choose to give Marty the benefit of the doubt...again, he's earned it.

I'd love to see us with 2 goalies who DONT want more playing time. 2 goalies who don't push each other for results, as disappointing as they were. then the board will be happy! logic!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Accept that he didn't make any demands as the article above points out. Nice try.

“People said I was demanding this or that,” he said today. “It has nothing to do with that. There have been no demands. I think just personally for me I would like the opportunity to be a starting goalie – however many games that may be, however you define a starting goalie. I would just like that opportunity. I think I’ve at least earned a look and if they agree then we’ll go from there.

If this not a demand...I don't know what the hell is...

He is essentially saying Guarantee me a starting role then we'll talk about a contract.

IF They Agree????? If there are no demands what is it "They" are "Agreeing" to?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brodeur is a BAD goaltender in the year 2014. If you think he's still as good as he was, you're really showing your age. And by showing your age I mean looking very young. Or you're just incredibly biased. He's not the same player anymore. No shame in him not being good anymore either. It happens to the best of them. Hasek looked identical to last years Brodeur during his last season in the league.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
You burn up a huge portion of the good will and and benefit of the doubt you've accumulated when you air your team's dirty laundry to the media in the middle of the season and publicly explore your trade/FA options while under contract with a team you claim to love.

can I get a whiff of this dirty laundry?

and yeah, player on team not making playoffs available for deadline trade to improve said team...breaking news here. that's right on par with saving us from being Nashville Devils fans. holy cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad