News Article: Contract Extention-Cory Schneider in talks with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

they kind of did that down the stretch last year

which would make bringing him back even more of a joke

I'm talking about truly milking it and not just as an afterthought. Think gifts from other teams prior to the game on the road as well as various promo night that would entice fans to buy tickets and attend more home games.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Devils fans, make sure to get your tickets to Tuesday's game against Florida, which will be "That Awesome Save Marty Made on Briere In His 500th Win" Night!

All Devils fans in attendance will get a free Brent Sutter bobblehead, plus $0.38 hot dogs and that Beatles cover band!

Are you employed by the Yankees?

Mariano's wasn't too bad, but Jeter's has been awful

Every chance they get they are trying to market Jeter's final season, final step over the pot hole on 161st, final glance at that fly on Girardi's hat that just flew away

It's been cringe worthy

GhostofKenKlee

Are you employed by the Yankees?

Mariano's wasn't too bad, but Jeter's has been awful

Every chance they get they are trying to market Jeter's final season, final step over the pot hole on 161st, final glance at that fly on Girardi's hat that just flew away

It's been cringe worthy

Isn't that because how successful the Riveria one was? Steiner really monetizing as well. It's all a bit much, I'm a Yankees fan and know Yankees fans from all over making a pilgrimage for this season.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
It is getting done. I am literally not worried one bit. July 1st he is a Devil forever.

Well, at least until he reaches the end of his career, refuses to acquiesce to the heir apparent, whines about playing time, and then finished his last season or two with another club.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Well, at least until he reaches the end of his career, refuses to acquiesce to the heir apparent, whines about playing time, and then finished his last season or two with another club.

I would love to be fortunate enough to see this again.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007

And if he wins three cups and another 600 games in that time he'll have every right to.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And if he wins three cups and another 600 games in that time he'll have every right to.

And wins the Jennings Trophy 5 times, the Vezina 4 times, wins Olympic Gold twice, gets named to NHL ALL star team 8 times...And sets the record for

Minutes Played in a Single Season - 4,697 - 2006-07
Most Wins in a Single Season- 48 - 2006-07
Most Consecutive 30 Win Seasons - 12 - 1995-96 through 2007-08
Most consecutive 35-win seasons (11)
Most 40 Win Seasons - 8 - 1997-98, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08,2009-2010
Most Consecutive 40 Win Seasons - 3 - 2005-06 through 2007-08
Most All-Time OT Wins - 52
Most All-Time Shootout Wins - 26
Most Shootout Shots Against in a Single Seasons - 60 - 2006-07
Most All-Time Shootout Shots Against - 141
Most Consecutive Post-Season Starts - 158
Best Post-Season Goals-Against Average All-Time - 1.96
Most Shutouts in a Post-Season Series - 3 (tie), 2003 Stanley Cup Finals vs. Anaheim
Most shutouts in a Post Season (7, in 2002-03)
Most Combined Shutouts (Regular & Post-Season) - 119, 24
Most consecutive opening night starts with one team (17)
Most Regular Season Shutouts - 119
Most Games Played All Time by a Goaltender -1,146+
Most 30 Win Seasons - 13
Most Minutes All Time - 67.386+
Most Post-Season Shutouts - 24

If Cory does that, he a drink a beer in the crease and spit at the fans if he wants.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Nonsense. That goalie no longer exists. Nostalgia will drag us down and harm the future of the organization. There always comes a time to move on and this is it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
yeah we should sign any goalies that arent on track to match Marty's records

keep dreaming guys

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
missed the point completely

Marty is currently nowhere near good enough the be demanding X amount of games or X million dollars. if you still think he is you are dreaming. and he knows he cant do it with Lou anymore. read any of his quotes recently. theres plenty out there. he knows he needs to go to another team because this one has moved on from him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I just don't understand the "well Marty has done so and so, so he can say and do whatever he wants" mentality.

that is the type of mentality that gets teams and organizations into trouble.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I just don't understand the "well Marty has done so and so, so he can say and do whatever he wants" mentality.

that is the type of mentality that gets teams and organizations into trouble.

Yet seemingly you understand the:

Have team trade top 10 draft pick for you, give you the reigns to be #1 starter, (which you fail to pick up), lose 27 of 46 starts, then ***** like a little girl and demand a commitment and a large contract from a team.... and he should get anything he wants?

I think Cory's position is closer to that of MSL and Nash and the other whiners. Punting one of the all time greatest goaltenders out the door and the face of your franchise for 20 years seems so much sounder.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007

Have team trade top 10 draft pick for you, give you the reigns to be #1 starter, (which you fail to pick up), lose 27 of 46 starts, then ***** like a little girl and demand a commitment and a large contract from a team.... and he should get anything he wants?

I think Cory's position is closer to that of MSL and Nash and the other whiners. Punting one of the all time greatest goaltenders out the door and the face of your franchise for 20 years seems so much sounder.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you for a while.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I assume you missed this last week?

Goaltender Cory Schneider confirmed that his agent, Mike Liut, and Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello have begun preliminary talks on a potential contract extension, but said he has made no demands about his playing time next season as part of that discussion.

Schneider, 28, would very much like to be the Devils’ clear-cut No. 1 goaltender next season – however that role is defined (whether it’s playing at least 60 games or whatever) because he has yet to have that opportunity with any team during his four full seasons in the NHL.

“People said I was demanding this or that,†he said today. “It has nothing to do with that. There have been no demands. I think just personally for me I would like the opportunity to be a starting goalie – however many games that may be, however you define a starting goalie. I would just like that opportunity. I think I’ve at least earned a look and if they agree then we’ll go from there.

“It’s something I would like to be able to do at some point.â€

from TG's blog.

not to mention, Schneider is a top 10 goalie in the prime of his career and Marty is barely an average NHL goalie at this point.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
and wins the jennings trophy 5 times, the vezina 4 times, wins olympic gold twice, gets named to nhl all star team 8 times...and sets the record for

minutes played in a single season - 4,697 - 2006-07
most wins in a single season- 48 - 2006-07
most consecutive 30 win seasons - 12 - 1995-96 through 2007-08
most consecutive 35-win seasons (11)
most 40 win seasons - 8 - 1997-98, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08,2009-2010
most consecutive 40 win seasons - 3 - 2005-06 through 2007-08
most all-time ot wins - 52
most all-time shootout wins - 26
most shootout shots against in a single seasons - 60 - 2006-07
most all-time shootout shots against - 141
most consecutive post-season starts - 158
best post-season goals-against average all-time - 1.96
most shutouts in a post-season series - 3 (tie), 2003 stanley cup finals vs. Anaheim
most shutouts in a post season (7, in 2002-03)
most combined shutouts (regular & post-season) - 119, 24
most consecutive opening night starts with one team (17)
most regular season shutouts - 119
most games played all time by a goaltender -1,146+
most 30 win seasons - 13
most minutes all time - 67.386+
most post-season shutouts - 24

if cory does that, he a drink a beer in the crease and spit at the fans if he wants.

amen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
this is the problem with some of you guys- you are already trying to compare Schneier to Brodeur

if you do that, you're never going to be satisfied and I feel bad for you.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
this is the problem with some of you guys- you are already trying to compare Schneier to Brodeur

if you do that, you're never going to be satisfied and I feel bad for you.

I hope we all agree that we wan't the best for the team. We may disagree on how that happens and have differing opinions, but the goal remains the same.

NC107*

Do you still want Brodeur as the starter next season, I hope you say no? Do you want him as backup for the devils next season?

It will be done but not fair to compare.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The issue here is you are treating Brodeur as just any other older player...As if this was Mativchuk or Hedberg...

Let's go over this very slowly.

This is one of the greatest players in the History of the game. How you handle his exit is a reflection of the organization...Not only in a public relations and imagery kind of way, but in a reputation of how other players view the organization kind of way.

Whether Brodeur is finished or not, is completely irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is how his departure is handled. And it should be in the most dignified way possible. He has earned that.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

How on earth did you get to this conclusion? This makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad