News Article: Contract Extention-Cory Schneider in talks with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
“People said I was demanding this or that,†he said today. “It has nothing to do with that. There have been no demands. I think just personally for me I would like the opportunity to be a starting goalie – however many games that may be, however you define a starting goalie. I would just like that opportunity. I think I’ve at least earned a look and if they agree then we’ll go from there.

If this not a demand...I don't know what the hell is...

He is essentially saying Guarantee me a starting role then we'll talk about a contract.

IF They Agree????? If there are no demands what is it "They" are "Agreeing" to?

The dude is 28 and in the prime of his career. Of course he's going to want to be the long term starter somewhere. He's been in the shadows of Luongo and now Brodeur. He's tired of being second fiddle. I don't blame him.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Brodeur is a BAD goaltender in the year 2014. If you think he's still as good as he was, you're really showing your age. And by showing your age I mean looking very young. Or you're just incredibly biased. He's not the same player anymore. No shame in him not being good anymore either. It happens to the best of them. Hasek looked identical to last years Brodeur during his last season in the league.

he was good enough to have more wins than Cory (I know I know what a joke lololol) in less starts. nobody is saying he's still as he was- but to act like he is some half dead maggot begging for playing time, waiting to be put down, while providing no service is disingenuous at best.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The dude is 28 and in the prime of his career. Of course he's going to want to be the long term starter somewhere. He's been in the shadows of Luongo and now Brodeur. He's tired of being second fiddle. I don't blame him.

you can justify schneiders position and demonize martys all day. they both want to play. they (were) both under contract to play, and they wanted to. it's really not that big of a deal. if you think Marty played too much, blame PDB.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I still find it hysterical that the team scoring 1.75 goals a game for Schneider is apparently a referendum on him. 13 out of 14 starts, he allowed 2 goals or less back in January. I guess it needed to be a shutout in every game for some folks to be happy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I still find it hysterical that the team scoring 1.75 goals a game for Schneider is apparently a referendum on him. 13 out of 14 starts, he allowed 2 goals or less back in January. I guess it needed to be a shutout in every game for some folks to be happy.

um the team sucking affected schneiders wins, no doubt. just as it affected Marty's individual stats. right?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I like how people who use the wins argument act like Marty was our best player in his wins. Do you know how many game we won in spite of him? I think he had 8 wins where he gave up 3 goals at least. Including the one Schneids came in and cleaned up. We had to even score 5 goals in a couple games to win when Marty stunk up the joint. Schneider had ONE win all season in which he have up 3 goals. Marty had like 7 or 8 I believe. At least two in which he gave up 4 goals.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
um the team sucking affected schneiders wins, no doubt. just as it affected Marty's individual stats. right?

When one goaltender has much better individual stats than the other on the same team and close to the same number of starts, I wouldn't play the "the defense was bad, it's the teams fault" card.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Can you make demands for a long term contract and 60+ plus games with a below 40% win percentage?

BTW, Marty Never had a Below .900SV% but Cory only won 35% of his games.

You are talking to people that want to give a goalie that has never started 45 games in a season, has never won more than 20 games in a season and was won exactly 1 playoff game in his career a 8 year 50mil contract so anything is possible. LOL!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Instead of deleting 100 MvC posts I'm just gonna close the thread since clearly people can't keep the MvC talk out of it and there's not going to be any 'new' news on Cory until July 1 regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad