Injury Report: Conor Timmins potentially out long-term with lower body injury

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have they given any update on a potential return? Must be getting close.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Even if he was healthy and they sent down Minten to the CHL or Holmberg to the AHL, they wouldn't have enough cap space for Timmins, unless there's some loophole I don't know about.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Even if he was healthy and they sent down Minten to the CHL or Holmberg to the AHL, they wouldn't have enough cap space for Timmins, unless there's some loophole I don't know about.
I'd put Reaves on waivers, knowing no one will put in a claim given his 3 year term. Wait for an injury to bring Reaves back. But Treliving probably won't do that to a vet.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
20 man roster is the only way. I'd assume hell get some conditioniconditioning games with the Marlies before he's activated.

Reactions: banks

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Lol I’m not sure what value this line is supposed to provide.

“Sheldon Keefe seemed to open a bit of a door on Saturday that the defenseman might be able to return at some point soon. “

Because we thought his career was over lol
Very poorly worded

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Leafs will only be able to carry 21 players like pre Liljegren injury.

When Liljegren comes back... I don't think the Leafs can carry more than 20 players as far as I know.
If they waive Reaves they can keep 21 guys up

Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Tavares Nylander
Robertson Domi Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Gregor

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren
Gio Klingberg
Timmins

Samsonov
Woll

Cap space 268k

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Lol I’m not sure what value this line is supposed to provide.

“Sheldon Keefe seemed to open a bit of a door on Saturday that the defenseman might be able to return at some point soon. “

Because we thought his career was over lol
Very poorly worded
lol yeah very poorly worded, it’s like he’s open to the possibility of him returning sometime in the near or long term future, but will neither confirm nor deny if and when.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
People said the same thing about Robertson and countless other players. The reality is if you don’t get hurt in sports it’s purely luck.

I expect him to prove everyone wrong yet again once healthy.
Certainly luck plays a role, but there's a reason some guys get hurt a lot and others hardly ever. Whether it's putting yourself in bad positions or just not being willing to play through something.

I was here during the heated "Carlo Colaiacovo injury prone vs unlucky" debates. I've never seen a guy with visible agony on his face as often as Carlo. Almost every game he would look like he was in extreme pain after some hit or fall. Some of the time he was completely fine, some of the time he was back on the IR. Or outside hockey, Tulowitzki would stumble or lightly bump someone or something else completely innocuous and then miss 40 games with a strained muscle, the type of thing that might be a single game off or at DH for another player..

Reactions: francis246

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Certainly luck plays a role, but there's a reason some guys get hurt a lot and others hardly ever. Whether it's putting yourself in bad positions or just not being willing to play through something.

I was here during the heated "Carlo Colaiacovo injury prone vs unlucky" debates. I've never seen a guy with visible agony on his face as often as Carlo. Almost every game he would look like he was in extreme pain after some hit or fall. Some of the time he was completely fine, some of the time he was back on the IR. Or outside hockey, Tulowitzki would stumble or lightly bump someone or something else completely innocuous and then miss 40 games with a strained muscle, the type of thing that might be a single game off or at DH for another player..
1699906246850.png

It never gets old….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad