Injury Report: Conor Timmins potentially out long-term with lower body injury

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I remember that hit, went off on own steam but the colour commentator noticed he went off in some discomfort. Hope it is nothing major, he’s been plagued by injuries in his young career.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I remember that hit, went off on own steam but the colour commentator noticed he went off in some discomfort. Hope it is nothing major, he’s been plagued by injuries in his young career.

I mean the thread title says long term so...yeah

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Doesn't this solve our cap issues now? If we have Benoit as our 7th D we should be able to afford a full lineup if we waive Lafferty for a league min player like Robertson or Gregor

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
That injury to Timmins doesn’t help the lineup as it’s probably just IR right now. But it probably gets cap relief through SOIR-

What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?​

If a player who is on a two-way contract becomes disabled during training-camp or who reports to training-camp disabled as the result of a hockey related injury incurred during the off-season, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit​

Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit​

Players on a two-way contract, who accrued 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL daysin the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

He played 25 games
Cap 1,100,000
October 7, 2022 – June 13, 2023= 250 days

110,000 discounted cap hit.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thats not good. He was having a great camp too. Would have made decisions tougher with everyone healthy.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sucks to be him, as he was playing so well in pre-season.

Hope he recovers well and come back stronger with the Leafs.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I honestly think they will have both in the opening night lineup.

I don't see how. We were already going to either run short or waive someone. This way if we waive Lafferty and Timmons is on LTIR that gives over 2M in cap space which can fit in Benoit and Gregor giving us 12F and 7D. If we keep Lafferty and Gregor then we will run only 6D which historically our coaches do not do

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
One option would be to move Jarnkrok.

Gregor, McMann, Benoit and Jones are all protected from waivers giving us depth at each position without the risk of casualties on waivers.

Holmberg could be an option to replace one of the waiver candidates if they so choose as he is probably the best replacement for Jarnkrok. Maybe, a month or two into the year once they find out what they have in the others.

Robertson and Timmins are bouncing around until they can stay healthy.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I didn't think he would be either but I think Gregor brings what Lafferty does for likely 500k cheaper.
Not that it matters much, more for general knowledge. The current NHL minimum is 775k, Lafferty makes 1.15.

So the most you could possibly save is 375k

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That injury to Timmins doesn’t help the lineup as it’s probably just IR right now. But it probably gets cap relief through SOIR-

What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?​

If a player who is on a two-way contract becomes disabled during training-camp or who reports to training-camp disabled as the result of a hockey related injury incurred during the off-season, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit​

Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit​

Players on a two-way contract, who accrued 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL daysin the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

He played 25 games
Cap 1,100,000
October 7, 2022 – June 13, 2023= 250 days

110,000 discounted cap hit.

Timmins deal is 1 way

Sounds like it's might be long enough for full LTIR anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad