Recalled/Assigned: Conor Allen

Vickers8

Missed the game tonight, did he play and how did he play?

Plays like seasoned veteran, poised, can skate, nice crisp passes, 12 minutes is misleading, AV said he went with the veteran guys down the stretch, he's only in his second game, with Staal playing 24 minutes and Strals back, no room at the inn for Delzaster...

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Allen also had a really solid hit on Baron, IIRC. Guy was kind of leaning over and Allen drilled him into the boards, thouth it was in no way borderline. And whoever it was who got hit was a little slow to get up.

Have to hope getting Allen portends doing well in the unrated college pool, and CHL for that matter. Of course its still too early to tell if they really did do well getting Allen. Encouraging start tho.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Plays like seasoned veteran, poised, can skate, nice crisp passes, 12 minutes is misleading, AV said he went with the veteran guys down the stretch, he's only in his second game, with Staal playing 24 minutes and Strals back, no room at the inn for Delzaster...

Thank you much! Very encouraging thus far and he also seems comfortable on the rightside as well.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Thank you much! Very encouraging thus far and he also seems comfortable on the rightside as well.

Absolutely. Experienced be darned; I'm much more comfortable seeing him on 3-RD than I am with seeing DZ (or, for that matter, J-Moore) in that position. I figure:

D1 ... 27 - 05
D2 ... 18 - 06
D3 ... 17 - 37

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Absolutely. Experienced be darned; I'm much more comfortable seeing him on 3-RD than I am with seeing DZ (or, for that matter, J-Moore) in that position. I figure:

D1 ... 27 - 05
D2 ... 18 - 06
D3 ... 17 - 37

What's your reasoning in putting Moore in over Del Zotto?

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
What's your reasoning in putting Moore in over Del Zotto?

I'll start by saying that I admire DZ's passing skills; some of his breakout passes leave me with my mouth open. No question. I like him; he has all the skills to contribute offensively. But he is also quite prone to making turnovers, not least because he often has trouble handling the puck, like when he can't handle passes at the point in the o-zone. On that basis, since I don't feel DZ's offensive output justifies taking on the defensive risk he presents, I prefer taking Moore over him. That being said, Moore does tend to lose focus every now and then, and he doesn't have DZ's passing ability. That's true. But he is, so to speak, the "lesser of two evils" (and the better skater). Does that make sense?

RangersHank*

I'll start by saying that I admire DZ's passing skills; some of his breakout passes leave me with my mouth open. No question. I like him; he has all the skills to contribute offensively. But he is also quite prone to making turnovers, not least because he often has trouble handling the puck, like when he can't handle passes at the point in the o-zone. On that basis, since I don't feel DZ's offensive output justifies taking on the defensive risk he presents, I prefer taking Moore over him. That being said, Moore does tend to lose focus every now and then, and he doesn't have DZ's passing ability. That's true. But he is, so to speak, the "lesser of two evils" (and the better skater). Does that make sense?

All Moore can do is skate, i take DZ over Moore any day

Vickers8

D1 ... 27 - 05
D2 ... 18 - 06
D3 ... 17 - 37

I agree....

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Sorry but it makes no sense. Moore has the hockey IQ and vision of a pebble. He can skate sure, and he has a good slapshot, but I take Del Zotto and his actual ability to play hockey 10/10. I'd take Moore if he had the IQ of DZ, but he doesn't, he has a negative IQ almost.

Everything you used against Del Zotto affects Moore twice over.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Sorry but it makes no sense. Moore has the hockey IQ and vision of a pebble. He can skate sure, and he has a good slapshot, but I take Del Zotto and his actual ability to play hockey 10/10. I'd take Moore if he had the IQ of DZ, but he doesn't, he has a negative IQ almost.

Everything you used against Del Zotto affects Moore twice over.

I don't disagree, but I do get the feeling that DZ has plateaued, whereas Moore can still improve. That, however, is up to him. Frankly, if it were up to me, I'd get rid of both.

Vickers8

Delzotto well overpaid at $2.55mil, Moore $840,000, DZ makes $850,000 more than Strals

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't disagree, but I do get the feeling that DZ has plateaued, whereas Moore can still improve. That, however, is up to him. Frankly, if it were up to me, I'd get rid of both.

What makes you believe that? He's 23, and a bust. He's done nothing in the NHL, or the AHL for that matter. If he was 21 I'd say give him a break, but he isn't. For a guy that "could still improve" he's taking a real long time to do it.

I'd be all for giving him time to get his head straight, but his status as a good prospect has totally evaporated, and his play has been detrimental to the team. There's no incentive to keep giving him these chances when he's proven nothing.

Vickers8

Contract value has absolutely nothing to do with how either of them are playing.

I don't think being barely in the 3rd pair deserves that much salary, I don't think he's that much better to get 3 times the salary, by the way Strals is light years better than him...

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
What makes you believe that? He's 23, and a bust. He's done nothing in the NHL, or the AHL for that matter. If he was 21 I'd say give him a break, but he isn't. For a guy that "could still improve" he's taking a real long time to do it.

I'd be all for giving him time to get his head straight, but his status as a good prospect has totally evaporated, and his play has been detrimental to the team. There's no incentive to keep giving him these chances when he's proven nothing.

I don't disagree. By "improve" I mean "not become a liability," so that the guy can be a placeholder until we find another capable 3D defenseman, though -- now that I think about it -- I wouldn't have any problem with putting in Falk over J-Moore or DZ.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
I don't think being barely in the 3rd pair deserves that much salary, I don't think he's that much better to get 3 times the salary, by the way Strals is light years better than him...

That sounds about right.

Vickers8

Clausewitz, I agree Moore has room to grow, DZ reminds me of Mark Sanchez, what you see is what you get...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Clausewitz, I agree Moore has room to grow, DZ reminds me of Mark Sanchez, what you see is what you get...

Are you serious? Where does Moore have room to grow? Tell me. Cause he can skate? Rico Fata could skate. He has absolutely no other redeeming qualities. Tell me where the potential is. Better yet, why has Del Zotto "Plateaued" when Moore can still develop, at the same damn age?

RangersHank*

Are you serious? Where does Moore have room to grow? Tell me. Cause he can skate? Rico Fata could skate. He has absolutely no other redeeming qualities. Tell me where the potential is. Better yet, why has Del Zotto "Plateaued" when Moore can still develop, at the same damn age?

Agree with this post 100%.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't disagree. By "improve" I mean "not become a liability," so that the guy can be a placeholder until we find another capable 3D defenseman, though -- now that I think about it -- I wouldn't have any problem with putting in Falk over J-Moore or DZ.

I think DZ and Moore are both sucking up a storm, but I'd prefer to give the player who's proven he's an NHL player a chance over a scrub that only has the ability to skate. Moore is worthless, DZ deserves a spot over him 10/10.

Vickers8

Been in the league 4 years and has regressed, Moore is in his 2nd season, what do you see in DZ anyway? Moore is faster and has a better shot, DZ never hits the net with his shot and gives the puck away regularly...as does Moore...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Been in the league 4 years and has regressed, Moore is in his 2nd season, what do you see in DZ anyway? Moore is faster and has a better shot, DZ never hits the net with his shot and gives the puck away regularly...as does Moore...

His offensive game has somewhat regressed but his defensive play has gone from bad, to acceptable. I already said this in another thread, but Moore still only playing 100 games doesn't do it for me as an excuse. Because this "top prospect with lots of potential" would have played more than 100 games if he wasn't such a disappointment. And, again, Moore has done nothing at the AHL or NHL level. How does he still have potential if he's going on 24 and barely an NHL defender? This isn't about what I see in DZ, it' that I don't understand what anyone else sees in Moore.

Sorry but if you truly believe Moore is better than Del Zotto as a hockey player, you're senselessly blinded by hate.

Vickers8

His offensive game has somewhat regressed but his defensive play has gone from bad, to acceptable. I already said this in another thread, but Moore still only playing 100 games doesn't do it for me as an excuse. Because this "top prospect with lots of potential" would have played more than 100 games if he wasn't such a disappointment. And, again, Moore has done nothing at the AHL or NHL level. How does he still have potential if he's going on 24 and barely an AHL defender? This isn't about what I see in DZ, it' that I don't understand what anyone else sees in Moore.

Sorry but if you truly believe Moore is better than Del Zotto as a hockey player, you're senselessly blinded by hate.

I believe he has more upside than DZ, your opinion, my opinion, I've seen enough of DZ, his defense hasn't gotten any better by the way...I think they both are pretty useless at this point...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad