Recalled/Assigned: Conor Allen

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
DZ getting thrown under a bus thats being rolled over by a tank after getting hit by an airplane ?

*Bob Richards*

Well that was quick. Looks like Stralman will be out awhile.

*Bob Richards*

True, true. Here's hoping it's just a precautionary move.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Insurance move in case Stralman can't go. I'll be bold and say he sticks for one reason or another. Good luck kid

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hopefully Stals is good to go, but if not, congrats to Allen on getting called up to the big time

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If Anton plays next game I wonder if Moore is getting benched in favor of Allen.He had another rough game defensively tonight.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hope Stralman is good to play Saturday, but also definitely wouldn't mind getting a look at Allen. He was good in the preseason.

Our D Sunday should be pretty good with Franson in there :sarcasm:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Never seen him play. Can he contribute for 20 MPG defensively at the NHL level yet? I'm afraid that Girardi and McDonagh are going to be over 30 MPG every night that Staal and Stralman are out. You can't give MDZ and Moore over 20 MPG. You can if you want to set the record for most goals allowed in a game. Besides that, you can't give these two 2nd D pairing minutes. At least not both of them.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
In the Hartford thread, I wrote repeatedly in the recent weeks that he's not far from being NHL ready. Honestly, not sure he's already ready (he's being called up more because of the injuries than because his of own play) and people may be disappointed with him, but please keep in mind that this is his first pro season.

Allen is a steady, two-way presence. Don't expect him to come and wow you with some spectacular plays, but he might be a solid presence as our 6th defenseman.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Awesome. Love Allen. Underrated prospect within this organization. Definitely has the potential to be a valuable contributor. Reminds me of Andy Greene.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I thought Allen deserved the 7 spot purely based on his camp, but obviously there was no point keeping him up just to sit in the press box and get an occasional game ala Falk.

He looked very steady and calm with the puck in preseason. Fluid skater, and can play the right side if needed.

Excited to see what the kid can do if he manages to see game action.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I thought Allen deserved the 7 spot purely based on his camp, but obviously there was no point keeping him up just to sit in the press box and get an occasional game ala Falk.

He looked very steady and calm with the puck in preseason. Fluid skater, and can play the right side if needed.

Excited to see what the kid can do if he manages to see game action.

He's been RD full time for the pack for awhile now.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If Anton plays next game I wonder if Moore is getting benched in favor of Allen.He had another rough game defensively tonight.

More likely AV has seen enough of Falk for a while--with only 5 defenseman for the majority of the game Falk got less than 12 minutes.

Allen looked better in pre-season than Falk has played all season.

Vickers8

Awesome. Love Allen. Underrated prospect within this organization. Definitely has the potential to be a valuable contributor. Reminds me of Andy Greene.

I agree BB, liked his poise and he was very polished in camp

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
These HF scouts here crack me up..Rangers play what 8 pre season games? Allen maybe got into 4 off the top of my head and played 10 to 12 min a game? and people are comparing him to NHL players after barley seeing them?? The arrogance is hilarious...I'm not talking about the guys who watch in Hartford I trust your opinions its the guys who love to talk without knowing

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
These HF scouts here crack me up..Rangers play what 8 pre season games? Allen maybe got into 4 off the top of my head and played 10 to 12 min a game? and people are comparing him to NHL players after barley seeing them?? The arrogance is hilarious...I'm not talking about the guys who watch in Hartford I trust your opinions its the guys who love to talk without knowing

Rangers played 6 preseason games. Allen played in 3. Against the Flyers, Oilers and Kings. He paired with Staal against the Oilers so I'm sure he got his share of ice time in that one. The pairs against the Kings were Moore/Stralman, Del Zotto/Bickel, Falk/Allen. Allen played the right side pretty much if I remember right throughout training camp and in those games. The Flyers had the likes of LeCavalier, Simmonds, Hartnell, Voracek and Coutourier in their lineup. The Oilers had the likes of Schultz, Hall, Hemsky, Eberle, and Perron in their lineup. The Kings pretty much had their full lineup with the exception of Justin Brown.

What I remember of Allen is he played very well. His positioning was good. He was calm with the puck--not a panicky type. Moved the puck well. His size is fine. Average physicality. He's had a good rookie year in Hartford.

More obvious that this call up is insurance in case Stralman and Staal can't go on Sunday than it means DZ is being traded--though DZ might be on the way out--Allen's coming up is to fill holes. With McIlrath out short term and I believe Bickel is out as well--the other options would have been Aaron Johnson who has extensive NHL experience but who is a left sider or Danny Syvret.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad