Recalled/Assigned: Conor Allen

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
didnt notice his shot in the game, but how has it been in hartford? will he ever be a threat on the PP with his shot?

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Love his style of play. Many players that play just like him seem to fly under the radar and then look really really good when they make the NHL. See Torey Krug.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
didnt notice his shot in the game, but how has it been in hartford? will he ever be a threat on the PP with his shot?

Not special. But it's good. He's showing more and more offensive ability in Hartford.

Probably similar to a mcdonagh in terms of shot

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
When I found out he was playing, I got pretty excited, since I live in Orlando and go to all the Rangers games in Tampa. I can't recall ever seeing a player's debut live. I got there though, and quickly found out that I was sitting two seats away from Conor's dad. He had just flown in from Chicago. I didn't talk to him in person (I was a little what you would call "turnt up" and didn't want to embarrass myself) but I can't imagine how awesome the experience was for him. It made me just happy to be around him.

As far as Allen's play, I was paying attention to him on most of his shifts. He definitely wasn't scared to get in the play offensively and showed no first game jitters. Defensively, he was in position all game long and he seems to have good NHL size. A couple of times, Lightning players took a run at him but he didn't get thrown off his game. If he could provide that level of play throughout the rest of the year, he'd be a great addition to our D corps.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Some people saying that Allen looked better than our entire D-corps sans McD... what about Girardi? I feel like he's getting pretty underrated here this season. In the Tampa game alone I noticed Girardi stepping up at the blue-line and completely thwarting the oncoming rush a handful of times. I also have been noticing in the past few games that Girardi is pretty damn good at making those short, smart little break-out passes to the center-man in our zone while under pressure. He actually breaks the puck out pretty well for a "defensive defenseman" who's just supposed to be a shut-down guy.

Anyway, back to y'all gushing over Allen. He did look solid which I'm happy about!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Some people saying that Allen looked better than our entire D-corps sans McD... what about Girardi? I feel like he's getting pretty underrated here this season. In the Tampa game alone I noticed Girardi stepping up at the blue-line and completely thwarting the oncoming rush a handful of times. I also have been noticing in the past few games that Girardi is pretty damn good at making those short, smart little break-out passes to the center-man in our zone while under pressure. He actually breaks the puck out pretty well for a "defensive defenseman" who's just supposed to be a shut-down guy.

Anyway, back to y'all gushing over Allen. He did look solid which I'm happy about!

I think Girardi has picked it up his last few games.

But his season has not been underrated, he's been terrible.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Yeah Girardi has been looking better, I think he has actually adjusted pretty well to a different defensive scheme that asks him to move the puck more. In previous years and at the beginning of this season, he was terrible at doing anything with the puck in the defensive zone, most of the time he'd just slam it off the boards and hope that it'd get out. He's making more plays now which is good.

His defense isn't quite what it was though, but I feel that goes back to last year as well and isn't necessarily a new coach thing. Honestly the Rangers could probably stand to upgrade that 1st pairing right D and drop Girardi to the 2nd pairing if they kept him, but at least he can play a lot of minutes and generally do pretty well.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I may be a bit out of line but did anyone else think it was a bit un-parent-like (for lack of a better term) for Connor Allen's mom to miss her son's NHL debut for a Bears game? I get it. I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son is making his NHL debut you bet your ass I'll be there. That's at least odd and more like selfish and inappropriate IMO. Can't believe a parent would miss the debut of her son for another game.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I may be a bit out of line but did anyone else think it was a bit un-parent-like (for lack of a better term) for Connor Allen's mom to miss her son's NHL debut for a Bears game? I get it. I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son is making his NHL debut you bet your ass I'll be there. That's at least odd and more like selfish and inappropriate IMO. Can't believe a parent would miss the debut of her son for another game.

Wow, crazy.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Clearly it's bc he's a bad son. Great another temperamental, troubled player with off ice issues? Doesn't this organization have enough problems without pulling in someone's failed abortion?:sarcasm:

danny hoy

Jul 27, 2011
seeing this kid come up and contributing is great!! i know to litle about our recruits...
could he be the next mcd for us? also great to se hes proud parents at the game enjoying themselfs on newyears eve!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Oh and I also think I heard that she was watching on TV. What a total **** up by Sam and Joe last game. Great job idiots. Made Conor Allen's mom look pretty bad.

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone's parenting skills or devotion to their child based on an incomplete anecdote you heard on TV?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Oh and I also think I heard that she was watching on TV. What a total **** up by Sam and Joe last game. Great job idiots. Made Conor Allen's mom look pretty bad.

Not Sam and Joe's fault, it's the fault of the people who fed them that info during the game.

RangersHank*

Wayyy too much attention on Allen's mom. Its not that serious. Everytime a players mom is showed there is an uproar here

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone's parenting skills or devotion to their child based on an incomplete anecdote you heard on TV?

While that's not totally inaccurate, I don't think if the info were correct what I said would be all that crazy.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Not Sam and Joe's fault, it's the fault of the people who fed them that info during the game.

No.

I don't know the context, but in any case it should not have come up. Can't imagine why it would. It's the kids 1st NHL game. There should be nothing even remotely negative about it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No.

I don't know the context, but in any case it should not have come up. Can't imagine why it would. It's the kids 1st NHL game. There should be nothing even remotely negative about it.

Yeah, Joe tried to make it sound like a positive. However it ran the risk of sounding bad to some people. I don't think finding it odd to say the least that someone would miss their son's first NHL game for a Bears game is overly judgmental. I'm sure a number of eyebrows were raised. Even if it were true there's no reason to bring up something that might show Conor Allen's parents in a bad light. Not only is it unprofessional it's bad form, IMO. If I had the opportunity to do that with say a friend and his/her parents in real life, I probably wouldn't. Just a bad job for various reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad