Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
There has always been a large gap between the two. One has potential to be a superstar the other to be the best player we have seen since Mario.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
McDavid is running away from Eichel now, showing why he was the consensus 1st overall pick.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Eichel has looked great in every game but he's not putting up points and that's all that matters. Hopefully sometime soon he can get on the scoreboard more.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Mcdavid.... Wow. Just wow

Mcdavid has adapted to the NHL the way a superbug adapts to a body and becomes resistant free

Not a hyperbole, with datsyuk injured, mcdavid is the best take away player in the NHL.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Mcdavid.... Wow. Just wow

Mcdavid has adapted to the NHL the way a superbug adapts to a body and becomes resistant free

Not a hyperbole, with datsyuk injured, mcdavid is the best take away player in the NHL.

I hear ya.

A lot of people were saying that Eichel and his size would transition faster to the NHL.(I was one of them)
The fact that McDavid is doing this well this early... Holy ****... the sky's the limit.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Lmao when people were laughing at McDavid being pointless in his first 4. :laugh:

The kid is just getting started and doing exactly what he did to the poor kids in the junior ranks.

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
I'm an Oiler fan. But I watch a lot of Buffalo too. Eichel isn't getting any bounces right now, he's set up Kane a ton and is creating just as much as McDavid. He'll be just fine.

Having said that, boy am I glad McDavid is doing what he's doing.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I hear ya.

A lot of people were saying that Eichel and his size would transition faster to the NHL.(I was one of them)
The fact that McDavid is doing this well this early... Holy ****... the sky's the limit.

Its getting to a point where rvery shift he makes a chance and every shift hell cause a turnover. He's already a pretty good defensive player

These 2 really are Crosby and ovy v2

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
The thing that's just as impressive as his offensive play is his defensive anticipation. He's got the Datsyukian smarts, but also incredible quickness. It seemed like he got his stick on the puck every time he was one-on-one with Red Wing in that second period. McDavid has the potential to be an absolute all-around dominant player. He already is, too.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Its incredible how good he is. With or without the puck, he makes good plays happen every time he's on the ice.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Glad to see McDavid playing like McDavid again, but lets not act like the huge gap is back again. Anyone who watched both games would agree that Eichel played the better game tonight, he's just been a bit snake bitten.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Glad to see McDavid playing like McDavid again, but lets not act like the huge gap is back again. Anyone who watched both games would agree that Eichel played the better game tonight, he's just been a bit snake bitten.

I watched both games. Eichel would've had points, if his line mates capitalized on his passes. But McDavid was by far better this game, idk what you're talking about.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Can he break 80 points?

Doubt it. The better he gets, the more attention he will get from other teams top D-Men. 80 is a stretch.

The Oilers also have a HORRIBLE power play and that needs to be there for him to excel - most top players get a large chunk of their points on the PP.

...he's already one of the best in the NHL

Disagree. He is playing well but he was average in periods 1 and 3.

...now i think its 75-85

I was thinking 65 to 75.

He even has a real shot of winning the scoring race.

Disagree.

Even if he continues to get better this year, he is not there. I'm assuming he'll take a step back next year - just based on the fact that most players do. If he is going to challenge for the scoring lead, I'd bet on Year 4 - or maybe 3.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I watched both games. Eichel would've had points, if his line mates capitalized on his passes. But McDavid was by far better this game, idk what you're talking about.

Eichel was all over the place with 6 SOG and created a ton of chances for his linemates while playing excellent 2 way hockey. McDavid had 1 shot and a goal.

That's no discredit to McDavid at all, be had another strong game, but Eichel was better.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Doubt it. The better he gets, the more attention he will get from other teams top D-Men. 80 is a stretch.

The Oilers also have a HORRIBLE power play and that needs to be there for him to excel - most top players get a large chunk of the points on the PP.

Disagree. He is playing well but he was invisible in periods 1 and 3.

I was thinking 60 to 70.

Disagree.

Even if he continues to get better this year, he is not there. I'm assuming he'll take a step back next year - just based on the fact that most players do. If he is going to challenge for the scoring lead, I'd bet on Year 4 - or maybe 3.

This kid isn't most players and it's quite evident. He has been the best Oiler for sure. Every time he is on the ice something gets created.. McLellan has already given him shifts on the PK. Oilers were penalty killing plenty and McDavid made some good defensive plays away from the puck in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad