Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
McDavid is a far superior player Eichel is north south with a great shot . McDavid can do it all .

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
McDavid is a far superior player Eichel is north south with a great shot . McDavid can do it all .

Yeah far superior lol. Mcdavid is extremely talented and the slightly better player but you people are too much sometimes. If Mcdavid's a 110 point player eichels a 100 point player

Im just trying to keep the false knowledge to a minimum

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah far superior lol. Mcdavid is extremely talented and the slightly better player but you people are too much sometimes. If Mcdavid's a 110 point player eichels a 100 point player

Im just trying to keep the false knowledge to a minimum
My opinion has been watching them both in all games this season. Sorry McDavid is on another level way better agility handling the puck and most important hockey IQ. Eichel might close the gap but I see generational compared to a star.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I'd think what we see from Eichel is all you can ask for from an 18YO. Couple bounces will go his way and these comments will largely stop. Same thing happened with McDavid.

Threads like "did the hockey gods bless BUF by having Eichel slip to #2" were laughable to say the least, though. McD has mostly silenced that. I knew McDavid was special but his last 2-3 games have been very impressive. Didn't think he'd be quite so good of a forechecker right off the hop. Already leading the team in scoring, didn't think that would happen by game 5.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Eichel with two points in six games.

Would Buffalo be better served by sending him down for a year?
Am I doing this right?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Eichel looked almost perfect tonight. If he'd had gotten on the scoreboard, he would've had an all-round impact on the game.

I maintain my viewpoint that Eichel has the potential to be a perfect NHL player. The complete total package with every attribute he possesses being elite. Unfortunately in this comparison, McDavid goes beyond being the perfect player. He has almost otherworldly speed and talent and can takeover a game at a level that's almost unheard of by todays standards.

Both are exceptional in their own way, but there is no way you can bet against McDavid in this situation even if he does play on the Loliers.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So much over the top bravado for both these guys.

So many people have predicted such huge things for these kids, if/when they don't materialize, they are going to get defensive - I see it already. This thread is going to get ugly. Why can't people just take a wait and see attitude?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Got to admit, he has been good this period and that was a nice goal.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
After watching Eichel against the Leafs this evening and now watching McDavid against the Wings.

There appears to be a pretty clear gap between the players.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He should've had an assist just a few minutes earlier if . . Letestu? didn't hit the side of the net.

Two Wings tried to trap him in his own corner, threw it out of the zone backhand at a player, charged him and stole it before he could get possession and set up half open net pass that Letestu (i think) missed.

Just filthy.

91Kadri91*

Eichel looked almost perfect tonight. If he'd had gotten on the scoreboard, he would've had an all-round impact on the game.

I maintain my viewpoint that Eichel has the potential to be a perfect NHL player. The complete total package with every attribute he possesses being elite. Unfortunately in this comparison, McDavid goes beyond being the perfect player. He has almost otherworldly speed and talent and can takeover a game at a level that's almost unheard of by todays standards.

Both are exceptional in their own way, but there is no way you can bet against McDavid in this situation even if he does play on the Loliers.

:skeptic:

Were we watching the same game? I fully expect Eichel to be a superstar, and his talent level is undeniable, but he didn't play particularly well tonight in my opinion. He was okay, I guess, but he was far from perfect. He's capable of playing much better than he played tonight, and has done so on multiple occasions this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad