Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Don't want to rain on your hopes, but don't keep them up too high. I'm sure a couple other guys will down with injury in their place.

I agree. Last year I went to Boston and Hall was hurt 4 days before I went. We are by far the most injured team in the NHL. Just hope

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I see what your saying, but with this injury you basically have mobility back in 3 weeks. you can work the muscle, you just don't want to expose it to a huge hit. I don't see any reason he won't be back soon, but I guess we will find out soon enough won't we.

Yup, if he can pass those tests that Frank the Tank mentioned earlier, pretty sure they'll let the colt out of the corral.:handclap: My own guess was shortly after Christmas, but we'll see.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Imo once he is cleared. Send him to Bakersfield for a few games for a conditioning stint if possible. Or start him here with limited ice time.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Imo once he is cleared. Send him to Bakersfield for a few games for a conditioning stint if possible. Or start him here with limited ice time.

I don't see why you'd send him to Bakersfield. If he's ready to play, it should be in the NHL where he'll be one of the teams top 2 or 3 players. Why bother with a conditioning stint?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't see why you'd send him to Bakersfield. If he's ready to play, it should be in the NHL where he'll be one of the teams top 2 or 3 players. Why bother with a conditioning stint?
To get him to game speed before throwing him to the wolves like we did Eberle?

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
In the absence of any real news about his injury I'm forced to assume he is living in a zillion dollar underground super training lair spending his days throwing around 500lb kettle bells like they're filled with goose down and blasting pucks through fiberglass cutouts of Brandon Manning and Michael Del Zotto.

He's ready, but are we? That's the real question.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Did Eberle go down to the AHL to get in some games before playing again this year? Did Hall or Nuge after their injuries?

When he's ready, he's playing in the NHL, where he belongs. No farting around.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In the absence of any real news about his injury I'm forced to assume he is living in a zillion dollar underground super training lair spending his days throwing around 500lb kettle bells like they're filled with goose down and blasting pucks through fiberglass cutouts of Brandon Manning and Michael Del Zotto.

He's ready, but are we? That's the real question.

That would be Darryl Katz's basement you speak of.;)

And when he comes back, there will be one giant orgasm on here.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
To get him to game speed before throwing him to the wolves like we did Eberle?

So you're a proponent of every player coming off injury going down for a conditioning stint? Pouliot and Yakupov too?

McDavid once he returns, even if only at 85 or 90% full game speed, will be one of the teams best players the moment he steps on the ice. I'd rather he get to game speed while helping the team on the ice and actually playing at NHL speed, rather than wasting time in meaningless AHL games that isn't actually going to prepare him for real NHL action.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yup, if he can pass those tests that Frank the Tank mentioned earlier, pretty sure they'll let the colt out of the corral.:handclap: My own guess was shortly after Christmas, but we'll see.

Thats my sense as well. Having gone through the same injury (same side too) at the same age...my collar bone was completely healed in 8 weeks.
I was back to full activity.
A couple of differences though...I was not an elite athlete and I did not have surgery.
I am also willing to bet my diet wasn't nearly as good either. :D

Considering the lack of muscle and ligament damage with his break I will be shocked if McDavid isnt in the lineup by the Arizona game on Jan 2nd at the absolute latest.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Did Eberle go down to the AHL to get in some games before playing again this year? Did Hall or Nuge after their injuries?

When he's ready, he's playing in the NHL, where he belongs. No farting around.

Exactly.

That would be Darryl Katz's basement you speak of.;)

And when he comes back, there will be one giant orgasm on here.

You're cleaning up that mess, bring your hip waders, gloves, oxygen mask, a squeegee and lots and lots of towels. You're also paying the dry cleaning bill :laugh:

oilz89*

Did I say that?

When he's ready, back in the lineup he goes. Sending him to the AHL for a conditioning stint is a bad idea.

bro the way your saying it it looks like you mean exactly that lol. He's not some girl that we should keep locked up from the men. The dudes a hockey player and he wants to play hockey. There will always be the risk of an injury. You, me, heck no one can take away that risk no matter what you do.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thats my sense as well. Having gone through the same injury (same side too) at the same age...my collar bone was completely healed in 8 weeks.
I was back to full activity.
A couple of differences though...I was not an elite athlete and I did not have surgery.
I am also willing to bet my diet wasn't nearly as good either. :D

Considering the lack of muscle and ligament damage with his break I will be shocked if McDavid isnt in the lineup by the Arizona game on Jan 2nd at the absolute latest.

If he isn't he's a wimp!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
considering he came back from a broken hand to light up the world jrs im not too worried about hiw he returns. 80% Mcdavid is still better than anyone else on the ice

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Bakersfield?

Don't you mean back to junior for the rest of the season?

Or is there some rule that changed that allowed us to send overage junior players to the AHL?

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Can't wait to see how we do in 3 on 3 OT after McDavid and Yak get back.

Sekera - RNH - Ebs
Klef - Drai - Hall
Nurse - McD - Yak
??
:O

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can't wait to see how we do in 3 on 3 OT after McDavid and Yak get back.

Sekera - RNH - Ebs
Klef - Drai - Hall
Nurse - McD - Yak
??
:O

The way we're going we won't need 3 pairings. We'll just end it quickly and be done with it.:D

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bakersfield?

Don't you mean back to junior for the rest of the season?

Or is there some rule that changed that allowed us to send overage junior players to the AHL?

Junior aged players can be sent to the AHL on the 10 day conditioning stint. Happened last year with Shea Theodore I believe. But it's irrelevant because there is zero chance that is happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad