Prospect Info: Connor Hurley (2013, 38th) – '18-19: Unsigned; Norfolk #16 (ECHL)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - October 28 - Connor Hurley gets his second of the year to put Notre Dame up 3-0 on Connecticut in the 3rd. Cal Petersen has 19 saves.
Cal Petersen 30 saves - Connor Hurley GWG + Assist as Notre Dame defeats Connecticut 6-2.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Notre Dame Goal - A quick passing sequence from Jordan Gross to Dylan Malmquist to Connor Hurley in front resulted in Notre Dame's first goal.
Hurley took the centering feed from Malmquist and beat Tyler Wall low for his third goal of the season.

LaxSabre - Unfortunately that was all the scoring the Irish would get as they lose to UMass-Lowell 4-1.
Cal Petersen took the loss - allowed three goals/made thirty-one saves - in what was his sixty-first consecutive start in net for Notre Dame.
The Irish and the River Hawks finish up the two-game series tonight in South Bend. Opening face-off is scheduled for 7:35 pm ET.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If Connor Hurley was a Tim Murray pick we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Not necessarily.

Hell, McCabe is a Darcy pick, Baptiste, Bailey, Larsson was a Darcy trade product.

I like Connor, I think he's got good size, he has good speed. I question if he can package it altogether for playing in the pros though.

Oh yeah, and I like Cal Petersen.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Not necessarily.

Hell, McCabe is a Darcy pick, Baptiste, Bailey, Larsson was a Darcy trade product.

I like Connor, I think he's got good size, he has good speed. I question if he can package it altogether for playing in the pros though.

Oh yeah, and I like Cal Petersen.

I believe he was commenting about Hurley not really developing so would be treated as another wasted 2nd round pick

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If Connor Hurley was a Tim Murray pick we wouldn't hear the end of it.

I'm totally cool with Hurley's development. I'll be the same with Fitzgerald's and basically any NCAA pick. I like drafting them and letting them develop 3 years, even if there are bumps.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm totally cool with Hurley's development. I'll be the same with Fitzgerald's and basically any NCAA pick. I like drafting them and letting them develop 3 years, even if there are bumps.
As am I. He's likely going to get his AHL contract. But look at the Tim Murray thread of the Cornel/Martin threads. Those guys should be HHOF inductees by now or Murray sucks at drafting according to some. For some reason hiring a guy who is supposedly good at drafting also means that all his draft picks should pan out in 1 year.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As am I. He's likely going to get his AHL contract. But look at the Tim Murray thread of the Cornel/Martin threads. Those guys should be HHOF inductees by now or Murray sucks at drafting according to some. For some reason hiring a guy who is supposedly good at drafting also means that all his draft picks should pan out in 1 year.

This is rich. I'll save you the embarrassment of quoting some of your takes on J.T. Compher's development, then, and merely note that you were not taking a similarly measured approach to Compher.

Is Jacob De La Rose still a "bigger, more skilled version" of Compher? Well, I suppose he is still bigger than Compher, so one out two ain't bad.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Notre Dame rebounds with a 4-1 win of their own. Connor Hurley collects an assist on the first Notre Dame goal. Cal Petersen makes 20 saves for the win.

Notre Dame remains home to play host to the seventh installment of the Shillelagh Tournament on Friday, November 25 and Saturday, November 26.
Friday Schedule - 4:05 pm ET - Yale vs Clarkson. 7:35 pm ET - Notre Dame vs Holy Cross.
Saturday Schedule - 4:05 pm ET - Holy Cross vs Yale or Clarkson. 7:35 pm ET - Notre Dame vs Yale or Clarkson.

Last edited:

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
This is rich. I'll save you the embarrassment of quoting some of your takes on J.T. Compher's development, then, and merely note that you were not taking a similarly measured approach to Compher.

Is Jacob De La Rose still a "bigger, more skilled version" of Compher? Well, I suppose he is still bigger than Compher, so one out two ain't bad.

If you "hit" on two players every draft you are pretty damn good at your job. Anything below second round you have little chance at success. That being said I am happy with his draft selections, for the most part, and the progress they are showing.
Guys I think will be a mainstay from his trading or drafting.
Eichel, Reinhart, Asplund, Pu, Nelson, Guhle, Nylander, Borgen, Fasching, Baptiste, Carrier. Those are off the top of my head. That's over his short time here. Everything is going how I thought it would. Big guys seemingly take longer to develop. We will be a power house.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

Show me where I or anyone said in 2004 one year after being drafted "Darcy Regier should be fired because Branislav Fabry hasn't panned out". Which is essentially what people are doing with Murray and his 2nd round picks so far.

I'm not sure what me thinking that every team has 2 or 3 JT Compher's and that he was frankly overrated by this fanbase has to do with what I said but great straw man as usual. Maybe I underestimated his skill or overestimated JDLR's but Compher scoring at a nice clip on a team that is firing on all cylinders doesn't really prove anything yet.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
On Compher, I think playing with connor boosted his offensive stats. Still think he hits as a larsson type and has a nice career. Still worth the trade.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If you "hit" on two players every draft you are pretty damn good at your job. Anything below second round you have little chance at success. That being said I am happy with his draft selections, for the most part, and the progress they are showing.
Guys I think will be a mainstay from his trading or drafting.
Eichel, Reinhart, Asplund, Pu, Nelson, Guhle, Nylander, Borgen, Fasching, Baptiste, Carrier. Those are off the top of my head. That's over his short time here. Everything is going how I thought it would. Big guys seemingly take longer to develop. We will be a power house.

Nitpicky.....Regier drafted Baptiste.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Connor Hurley 1G+1A - Cal Petersen 17 saves as Notre Dane defeats Holy Cross 5-3.
LaxSabre - Notre Dame will now face Clarkson in the Shillelagh Championship Game Tonight - 7:35 pm ET.
Clarkson defeated Yale 3-2 via a shootout in the other semifinal. Holy Cross and Yale will play in the third place game - 4:05 pm ET.

The Goal - 1-0 | Connor Hurley gave the Irish a 1-0 lead at 3:46 of the first period when he finished from the right post off a feed from Dylan Malmquist.
Anders Bjork also assisted on the play, which was Hurley's fourth goal of the season.
The Assist - 4-2 | Bjork capped his night with his ninth goal of the season, netting a shot from the left circle, with Hurley and Dello adding assists at 4:30 of the third period.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Friday, December 2 - Notre Dame at Massachusetts - 6:00 pm ET - TSN GO.
Friday, January 6 - Michigan Tech at Notre Dame - 7:35 pm ET - TSN2 - TSN GO.
Saturday, January 7 - Michigan Tech at Notre Dame - 7:00 pm ET - TSN GO.
Friday, February 3 - Vermont at Notre Dame - 7:30 pm ET - TSN GO.
Saturday, February 4 - Vermont at Notre Dame - 6:30 pm ET - TSN GO.
Friday, February 17 - Providence at Notre Dame - 7:35 pm ET - TSN2 - TSN GO.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone put their eyeballs on Hurley a few times this season? Is he developing nicely?

Drafted in 2013. What's his timeline?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Hurley picked up a knock in the Dec 31st morning skate and missed that weekend's games vs Alaska. He returned to play the next two weekends, but Notre Dame started classes back up on Jan 17th, and from therein, he didn't see the ice, out with an "undisclosed personal issue" for the second semester.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hurley picked up a knock in the Dec 31st morning skate and missed that weekend's games vs Alaska. He returned to play the next two weekends, but Notre Dame started classes back up on Jan 17th, and from therein, he didn't see the ice, out with an "undisclosed personal issue" for the second semester.

I am thinking this could have been academic probation. Too low GPA after fall semster, cant play in spring semester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad