Prospect Info: Connor Hurley (2013, 38th) – '18-19: Unsigned; Norfolk #16 (ECHL)

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Is there a consensus on what Hurley is projecting as right now (in terms of role and/or league)? Decent AHLer? Bust? Seems like we've been waiting to see how he develops for a while now. Unfortunately, I don't see many people holding their breath for him right now.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
I'd say he still is the same kind of boom or bust prospect that he was back when he was drafted, sadly he is leaning more towards the bust end of the spectrum at this point put he still has some time to turn things around. He is pretty far down my personal prospect ranking at this point though...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He's playing for a College program that would rather win a game 1-0 than 6-2. Pretty hard to gauge anything about him at this point.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He's playing for a College program that would rather win a game 1-0 than 6-2. Pretty hard to gauge anything about him at this point.

This is true, Notre Dame sucks offense out of pretty much everyone.

I think Hurley has shown enough especially over the last half of this season to think he can still very much be an effective pro, though at what level is still very much undetermined. The question should really be whether to let him stay in school for another year or get him in Rochester for next year.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
This is true, Notre Dame sucks offense out of pretty much everyone.

I think Hurley has shown enough especially over the last half of this season to think he can still very much be an effective pro, though at what level is still very much undetermined. The question should really be whether to let him stay in school for another year or get him in Rochester for next year.

I don't think this is much of a question to be honest, he's gonna stay in college for at least another year, probably two years unless he really explodes next season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Perhaps a minority opinion, but I like Hurley more than Cornel going forward. He at least seems capable of a defensive game... Cornel still has a lot to learn away from the puck.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't think this is much of a question to be honest, he's gonna stay in college for at least another year, probably two years unless he really explodes next season.

The benefit to getting him in Rochester would be purely to give him a chance to focus on those offensive numbers. He's never going to explode offensively in the system they run at Notre Dame. It's literally a black hole for offense.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
The benefit to getting him in Rochester would be purely to give him a chance to focus on those offensive numbers. He's never going to explode offensively in the system they run at Notre Dame. It's literally a black hole for offense.

He is only 10th in scoring on Notre Dame though, bad offensive system or not he isn't exactly doing very well compared to his teammates either. I just think the AHL would come too early for Hurley, we have seen college players with way better numbers and more experience struggle quite a bit once they hit the pros and I don't think we should subject a guy with just five goals on the season to the AHL just yet.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Cal Petersen/Connor Hurley and #10-Notre Dame Fighting Irish face #9-Boston University Terriers this weekend.
The two-game series will take place at the Compton Ice Arena in Notre Dame, Indiana.
Both games will be televised LIVE via the tellie on the NBC Sports Network and online via NBC Sports LIVE Extra at NBCSports.com
Coverage of Fridays game begins at 7:30 pm ET while coverage of Saturdays game begins at 7:00 pm ET. Face-Off is scheduled for 10 minutes later.
Dan Parkhurst will handle the play-by-play of both games. Ken Hodge will be his analyst for Fridays game - Anson Carter will be his analyst for Saturdays game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Perhaps a minority opinion, but I like Hurley more than Cornel going forward. He at least seems capable of a defensive game... Cornel still has a lot to learn away from the puck.

Seems they really drill the fundamentals at ND. Their guys seem to come out with a lot of defensive awareness.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Wouldn't the majority opinion be to expect nothing from either of them?

At least not at the NHL level.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Nets a PP goal to tie it at 1 against BU in the waining moments of the 1st and follows it with a pretty sweet celly.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Irish are the third seed in the HEA tournament and will get the winner of next weekend's Northeastern-Maine best-of-three. They're comfortably in a NCAA tournament spot with their pairwise.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We've had alot of less then stellar picks, between Karabackek, Hurley and Cornel.

Take a look at the other second rounders form the 2014 draft. I didn't love Cornell, but he's developing just fine and it's not like we whiffed on a bunch of great options.

Hurley was a regeir pick, but regardless, he was always supposed to be a longterm development guy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wonder how he'll do against Compher or if they work his line in on Kile's unit. Michigan is their first opponent in the Frozen Four.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Midwest Regional - Friday, March 25 - Saturday, March 26 - U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Friday, March 25 - 5:30 pm ET - ESPNU/WatchESPN - #2-Michigan (24-7-5) vs #3-Notre Dame (19-10-7).

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -
Connor Hurley gets his first point of the year, an assist, just 33 seconds into the season. Notre Dame leads ASU 1-0. Cal Petersen in net.
Connor Hurley two assists - Cal Petersen 4 saves made/5 shots faced as Notre Dame leads Arizona State 3-1 after the first period.

LaxSabre - Notre Dame wins 9-2 over Arizona State.
Connor Hurley Stats - 2 Assists - 1 Shot On Goal - +/- 1. Cal Petersen Stats - 39:41 Time On Ice - 1 Goal Allowed - 10 Saves.
Cal Petersen only played the first two periods - he was replaced at the start of the third period by freshman Cale Morris.
The two teams meet again tonight - 7:05 pm ET face-off - at the Compton Ice Arena in South Bend, Indiana.
You can watch the game online at NBCSports.com via the LIVE Extra Feed.

Game Recap - Notre Dame 9 Arizona State 2 - http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/100716aaa.html
Boxscore - Notre Dame 9 Arizona State 2 - http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2016-17/box_score/stats_20161008aaa.pdf

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Connor Hurley (Notre Dame) at Minnesota Duluth - Friday, October 14 - LIVE - 8:00 pm ET - Fox College Sports Pacific.
(Replays - Saturday, October 15 - 1:30 am ET - Fox College Sports Pacific - 3:00 pm ET - Fox College Sports Central.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad