Post-Game Talk: congressperson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Kreider-Zibanejad haven’t worked 5v5 in years, and they’ve never found a RWer for that line. They get their points because they’re talented and feast on the Power Play, but they’re not playing well.

I’m at a point where I’m done blaming the guys they’re paired with too. They’re 2 of the highest paid guys on the club, be professionals and figure it out. We’ve seen someone like Kakko have success on other lines, figure it out.

It has worked pretty much every year of their career

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Picked a good time to forget there was a game. They’ll be fine after the break, I think Lavi will reset everyone and bring the structure back.

Reactions: egelband

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
One thing I hate about our style which has been going on for years. When they enter the zone with puck possession they stop skating every time. It’s so frustrating to watch how easily opponent’s D can just pinch in to force them make a play which leads to losing the puck almost every single time.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Loved how Gustafsson waa willing to drop the gloves to stick up for Schneider. I love how Lafréniere always tries to do this whenever a dirty hit happens. I miss when Kreider would do this and maybe someday Mika will instead of shoving with his gloves on. Some leadership he has. All leaders especially ones with a letter on their jersey, should defend their teammates. Maybe seeing Mika or Kreider do that would have inspired or woke up their teammates.

What happened to Goodrow btw?
Puck deflected off of Miller and hit Goodrow. Hopefully its an injury that he can wear a full facial shield for and won't miss much time. Hope it's not a concussion

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Loved how Gustafsson waa willing to drop the gloves to stick up for Schneider. I love how Lafréniere always tries to do this whenever a dirty hit happens. I miss when Kreider would do this and maybe someday Mika will instead of shoving with his gloves on. Some leadership he has. All leaders especially ones with a letter on their jersey, should defend their teammates. Maybe seeing Mika or Kreider do that would have inspired or woke up their teammates.

Puck deflected off of Miller and hit Goodrow. Hopefully its an injury that he can wear a full facial shield for and won't miss much time. Hope it's not a concussion
Miller shot it into him actually

• Wow
Reactions: RangersFan1994

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
How many games before we see our old Fox back ? He looks a bit dull . Somebody at some point could have grabbed Tkachuk and wrestled him out for 5 minutes ...possibly slowed down the Sen momentum a bit . As it was....he had free roaming privileges out there and that cannot happen . Seems like a simple enough task for a bigger forward or Dman to undertake .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
bern:
I said it would be smart to try and get Sanderson; even if overpay within reason

most of nyhfb:
no, no, need LaF + Perrault more

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we talk about the need to get max tough physical for POs
and we got dominated by Brady T and crew

If we can swap in currency we can absorb,
Sanderson at end of elc this season
and locked in long term after is a move for a foundation piece add

bern is not ALWAYS right
but more often than not, yes

this is such an instance

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
bern:
I said it would be smart to try and get Sanderson; even if overpay within reason

most of nyhfb:
no, no, need LaF + Perrault more

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we talk about the need to get max tough physical for POs
and we got dominated by Brady T and crew

If we can swap in currency we can absorb,
Sanderson at end of elc this season
and locked in long term after is a move for a foundation piece add

bern is not ALWAYS right
but more often than not, yes

this is such an instance
You're right like 1% of the time.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Kreider/Zibanejad 5v5 GF% by year:

23-24: 60%
22-23: 63.6%
21-22: 57.1%
20-21: 51.9%
19-20: 57.1%
18-19: 55.0%
17-18: 48.6% hey a bad year
16-17: 53.3%

I don't know where this narrative that Kreider/Zibanejad don't work together has come from but it is blatantly false. It's even more false to say it has been the case lately considering they have 60% of the goal share the last 3 seasons.

Reactions: Holocene

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
That comes out to 24 pts over 82 games....for a 1C, that is, how should we say? No bueno. That's not taking anything away from his production on the PP but still, that's anemic 5v5 production for a top center and unfortunately, what that does is put a lot of pressure on line two while giving the other teams a breather ie they really only have to worry about shutting down one line.
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, Zib is not a 1C He’s a tweener 1/2.

Reactions: Blasds

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You're right like 1% of the time.
WOW!
considering you never give me credit for anything and attack me constantly, that's real progress for you!

Keep up the good work!!

You'll know your rehabilitation is complete when you can speak the truth and admit how my track record proves otherwise!!!

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, Zib is not a 1C He’s a tweener 1/2.
Zib ok as a pivot, but would love to do something around Shesty at half [due to cap] + add for Byfield +

Kreider - By - Z

that would be the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad