Tribute Congratulations Kent Hughes for the best trade deadline in recent Habs history!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Very well pleased with this deadline!

With additions of Barron, Smilinac and Heineman we must have one of best farms in NHL. It was above average when Bergs left.

Plus we have 13 picks in this upcoming draft. With Toffoli, Lehkonen and Chiarot traded clears 11 million in caproom for this summer.
And it could be the 1st overall pick

Reactions: themilosh

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That is quite the haul. It's clear that there is a direction in place.

Those picks allow the habs to also make some hockey trades over the summer if any young, nhl ready talent become available.
Guaranteed their parlaying some of those picks into NHL players

Reactions: Runner77

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Let's recap:

Out:

- Tyler Toffoli
- Ben Chiarot
- Brett Kulak
- Arthuri Lehkonen
- Andrew Hammond

In:

- CGY 2022 1st round pick (top 10 protected)
- CGY 2025 5th round pick
- FLA 2023 1st round pick (unprotected)
- NYR 2022 4th round pick
- EDM 2023 2nd round pick
- COL 2024 2nd round pick
- Justin Barron
- Ty Smilanic
- Emil Heineman
- Tyler Pitlick
- Nate Schnarr

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY return.

Well done my good sir!
Agreed

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I legit LOVE the bosses identifying our huge need at RD very soon
I bet Barrons already better than f***ing Widemand and Savard lmao

We were absolutely stacked at LD, but RD had the tank commanders Petry Savard and Wideman aaaaand basically only Logan Mailloux in the system

This adds great depth and a potential 2nd pairing D at RD, its huge

The superstar RD will only be able to be had at the draft (top 5) or a huge fish in UFA, so this is a pretty great get

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Stage 1 of cleaning up Bergevin’s dumpster fire complete. Now we need to improve our drafting and figure out to do with some of the bad contracts but this is a really promising start. I guess we see where this leads.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Great TDL. And it's not like we lacked picks or prospects, that haul is on top of having a top 10 pool + a stacked 2023 draft.

Reactions: Gravity and Tyson

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
HuGo have obviously been killing it, but MB also deserves a golf clap for adding toffoli, chiarot, and kulak all for essentially nothing to give these guys the ammo to make trades.

Very happy our recent relative success hasn't changed the plan and we are still building things the right way.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I would assume that Jeff Petry is going to get traded around the NHL Entry Draft this summer, along with maybe one of Drouin or Hoffman. I would expect the rest of the guys to stay here for the time being, and to be honest it's all right.

It's not the return as much as the willingness to engage in a direction that delights me about the way Hughes handled this trade deadline. This indicates he has a clear plan in his mind. Something I couldn't say about Bergevin in his decade-long tenure in Montreal. Sure, the guy made some decent moves here and there, but in the end, there was no clear direction taken at any point.

Props to Hughes and Gorton. I feel like we're in good hands now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad