Tribute Congratulations Kent Hughes for the best trade deadline in recent Habs history!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I still can’t believe HuGo got a first round pick for Ben Chiarot, who, while he has a bunch of delusional fans here who think he’s good, is utter trash on most nights.

He has certain limitations, but he's certainly not trash.

Secondly, if hamonic gets you a mid 3rd round pick, and kulak gets you a mid 2nd round pick, then a late first for chiarot is probably good business by the buyer, if anything, under the established market.

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He has certain limitations, but he's certainly not trash.

Secondly, if hamonic gets you a mid 3rd round pick, and kulak gets you a mid 2nd round pick, then a late first for chiarot is probably good business by the buyer, if anything, under the established market.

Yeah I don't get why he said Chiarot was trash, he's certainly a serviceable dman.

Market this year was crazy though, more than usual, teams are desperate for playoffs revenues, and paid for that, good thing is Hughes isn't an adept of the 'trades are hard' cult and was ready.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I don't get why he said Chiarot was trash, he's certainly a serviceable dman.

Market this year was crazy though, more than usual, teams are desperate for playoffs revenues, and paid for that, good thing is Hughes isn't an adept of the 'trades are hard' cult and was ready.

It's usually easier to extract value as a seller than a buyer. Hughes has also implied as much. Heck, even Bergevin hit a home run in selling mode with Pacioretty.

I'm interested to see how hughes and co navigate this rebuild while tighroping the balance between veteran leadership and young talent. I think it's the right idea, I just hope they can pull it off.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If Heineman turns out to be a valuable player Hughes will have gotten very good value in all his trades. It gives confidence that he will get good value in a Petry trade.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad