"Complain About Maclean" Superthread (Mod Note: STOP making more Maclean threads)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Maclean has seemed to have lost his composure on the bench in the last couple games. Unfortunently calling out the refs does nothing but get you fined in this league

good, some emotion would be nice...i hope he actually says something in the post game this time and not pansy out like all other times.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
MOD WARNING:

We are NOT going to have a new frigging Maclean thread every single frigging day. Seriously, jesus frigging christ.

This is your thread if you want to complain about the coach. Any further threads about "complaining about Maclean" will be outright deleted, because I'll be damned if we're going to have THREE DIFFERENT THREADS TALKING ABOUT IT.

/modrant.

Just to add to this you will also be infracted if you create a new MacLean thread. We have better things to do with our time than to merge threads because you couldn't look 3/4's of the way down the page to find the exact same topic.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Just to add to this you will also be infracted if you create a new MacLean thread. We have better things to do with our time than to merge threads because you couldn't look 3/4's of the way down the page to find the exact same topic.

Just curious, when fans from other boards come to our GDT to troll do they get infracted or are they just deleted?

Also can't wait for the presser.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Phillips on that last PK was scarybad. And Michalek has no hands, so him on the PK+Phillips = no chance

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'd agree that players must share the blame, however some players are worse than others and yet they get to play more than others, or in roles that are unsuitable for them, and that's on the coach. There is a discrepancy between how good the team looks on paper and what they have achieved so far.

YES :handclap: Michalek and Spezza both -2 tonight again. Yes I would sit them without hesitation? Did real well with them injured last year time to try again. :)

sensrmyheart*

It wasn't so clear when I made thee last Maclean thread after the leafs loss, but is everyone now with me that he needs to be gone? Last year was a spirited effort following the injuries from our guys , as I remember before karlsson went down we were maybe a few games above .500

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It wasn't so clear when I made thee last Maclean thread after the leafs loss, but is everyone now with me that he needs to be gone? Last year was a spirited effort following the injuries from our guys , as I remember before karlsson went down we were maybe a few games above .500

I can't speak for everyone else, but absolutely not.

Players are the issue right now. Can't blame the coaches for trying everything under the sun to get these guys motivated/ going.

Othello*

Needs to go. A lot of stupid moves this season:
1-Phillips on the pp
2-Condra playing with Spezza
3-Neil playing with Spezza
4-Giving Michalek prime ice time.
5- Neil on the pp during the last 2 min

WhiteLight*

Pageau was seemingly on every 2nd shift in the 2nd period. He played pretty well. Not great but solid (or was it just me?). Then gets 2 shifts in the 3rd with Kassian. wtf? Mac is just all over the place, up and down, hot and cold (actually not hot at all).

Smith/Neil/Greening is total failure and he keeps going to it. Condra on the 1st line :facepalm:

It's getting embarrassing.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
IMO I don't think BM should get to fire another coach.

If PM goes, then so should the rest of the front office (house cleaning).

WhiteLight*

What if the last one was 2 months old and lord how many pages buried, would we still get infracted then? :rolleyes:

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Coaches can have off year too, Maclean is having one right now. In the end, it will even out. You can't just fire a Jack Adams award winner, and let the players off the hook so easily. Time to get better players and at least move some dead weight, PM has been saying that for the last two year end meetings.

Look, last year, everything went right for PM. This year, nothing is going right. It is actually a predictable result when you think about it.

I blame Melnyk the most...

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
good, some emotion would be nice...i hope he actually says something in the post game this time and not pansy out like all other times.

Agreed. I want Paul Maclean pulling something like Roy did. Obviously not exactly that same stunt, but something along those lines.

At the same time, I don't think the fault is all his. It's clear that the players share some of the blame. However, Maclean has been making some weird decisions. For example, putting Chris Neil out on the PP at the end because he "scored a goal", more like Macarthur scored a goal off of Chris Neil. No reason to put the guy who was the primary beneficiary of a skilled linemate and some luck tonight in a gamebreaker situation.

If the coach can't make these small inferences, what else is he missing?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Maclean's coaching is way too erratic the way he messes with lines and who dresses or starts. No wonder there is no cohesive play these guys have no defined roles with all the juggling. 3rd 4th line guys play the pp and when he finds a 4 forward pp combo that works if they don't score every time he goes back to what doesn't work with Phillips no less but sticks with that a long time. It wouldn't be too hard to come up with a whole list of his ridiculous decisions there are examples just about every game but this season he's not being saved by the goalies. He has as much to do with the inconsistency of the team as the players.

BM could fire MacLean if it didn't cost Melnyk any extra money. He'd have to agree to coach and share the GM duties with Tim to split the load but they'd have to do it for the same money as long as MacLean's contract lasts. Frankly I wish BM would do it sooner rather than later.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
Maclean's coaching is way too erratic the way he messes with lines and who dresses or starts. No wonder there is no cohesive play these guys have no defined roles with all the juggling. 3rd 4th line guys play the pp and when he finds a 4 forward pp combo that works if they don't score every time he goes back to what doesn't work with Phillips no less but sticks with that a long time. It wouldn't be too hard to come up with a whole list of his ridiculous decisions there are examples just about every game but this season he's not being saved by the goalies. He has as much to do with the inconsistency of the team as the players.

BM could fire MacLean if it didn't cost Melnyk any extra money. He'd have to agree to coach and share the GM duties with Tim to split the load but they'd have to do it for the same money as long as MacLean's contract lasts. Frankly I wish BM would do it sooner rather than later.

I agree with every single thing you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00