OT: Commercials We Hate

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I really hate this Colonial Penn insurance "what's my price?" commercial with this guy Jonathan Lawson

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
No, it's a cover of "Are You Gonna Go My Way", by Lenny Kravitz.
The whole time I was thinking “that is not what Lenny Kravitz sounds like.” The could have gone with Black Magic Woman or countless other Santana hits … but no. It’s like Pavarotti’s Nessun Dorma with a Frank Sinatra voiceover — simply because both singers are known for their voices.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Not a commercial but I want it on the record that PK Subban should never be on an NHL game commentary panel ever again.

He is beyond cringe and the pundit equivalent of a shit stain.
His insights aren't that good.

• Haha
Reactions: Row I Goon

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
There was a commercial for... I think it's scotch and there was a woman, asking ARE YA THARSTY ANGUS?! Back in like 2012-15

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
so glad this thread was started.. i thought i was losing my mind with the way MSG plays the same rotation of commercials.. .over and over.. and over again... UGH! I can't press mute fast enough on some of them.

I have to say... over the years... i'm geting so sick and tired of these Progressive commercials and ads (and the agendas behind them) being shoved in my face... everywhere.

I absolutely loathe this "Flo" character. she's not "cute" , funny... nothing. I'm not sure who decided this " _ _ _ _ _ _" should be the face of their company... FOREVER!!

I despise them..

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Not a commercial but I want it on the record that PK Subban should never be on an NHL game commentary panel ever again.

He is beyond cringe and the pundit equivalent of a shit stain.
the guy is a raging jack@ss! trolling Messier, who is a legend... an absolute embarrassment.

But the league never seems that concerned how bad they look... ever..

Reactions: NCRanger and Cmox

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The Lexus electric vehicles commercial is stupid annoying now. Powered by you.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Every time I see this I want to curl up from the cringe. Especially Knight's part where she looks like an absolute tool. Don't even get me started on Biz.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Add Taco Bell to the list. Any Taco Bell.

Fake morning show? Definitely.
Montage of drunken night out with friends? God yes.

Just bad.

Also: Cadillac with the terrible music (blanking on the song) and everything red. Garbage.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I am already tired of hearing "THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HOCKEY!" and "If it's in the yard, then it's for sale."
I’m sure there’s some dog **** in the yard.

Add Taco Bell to the list. Any Taco Bell.

Fake morning show? Definitely.
Montage of drunken night out with friends? God yes.

Just bad.

Also: Cadillac with the terrible music (blanking on the song) and everything red. Garbage.
My daughter claims it’s someone calling themselves The Weekend.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
The Lexus electric vehicles commercial is stupid annoying now. Powered by you.

ALL of the electric vehicle commercials are obnoxious.

Whatever possible benefits they may have on the environment (which are still very much in debate given the realities of mining lithium) are immediately wasted in the coal burned in powerplants to generate the electricity to power the subwoofer on mine and everyone else's home theater that has to listen to the out of control bass in these obnoxious commercials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad