Columbus Thread VII (Convo and Questions About Columbus for Visitors and Locals)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We may have to open one of these by the Arena:
And maybe it would help is it also served:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And maybe it would help is it also served:

And some of the free vodka Panarin left behind.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Studies that show Columbus is gaining appeal to those who used to live in large, coastal cities – PolicyGenius ranked Cbus as the third best city for climate migration, and a recent Global Groundwork Index release compiled by Site Selection Magazine ranked Columbus, Ohio, as the #2 city in all of America for commerce, and Ohio in general as the #1 state for commerce.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Symphony has been talking about this for years. They could never really muster the internal wherewithal for such a big change, let alone get the community on board.

I hope this happens. CSO and CAPA have done some really good work on the acoustics in the Ohio Theatre but it’s just not ideally suited for orchestral music.

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Symphony has been talking about this for years. They could never really muster the internal wherewithal for such a big change, let alone get the community on board.

I hope this happens. CSO and CAPA have done some really good work on the acoustics in the Ohio Theatre but it’s just not ideally suited for orchestral music.

If you have never sampled any of the music in Columbus, the CSO and CJO are both really good. Plus you have things like ProMusica.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Yeah I saw the spinning cloud that sounds like eventually dropped just southeast of Gahanna. Its bad enough I couldn't sleep last night and now have to deal with the day wired like this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I've seen photos but I haven't been out. (Working from home permits me to be a hermit when I so choose.)

Ah I gotcha. Drove by the house in question this morning. And after seeing it… oh man. If you drive just half mile down the road and turn on Springdale which is the area I’m in and realizing it was the close. f***ing hell.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ah I gotcha. Drove by the house in question this morning. And after seeing it… oh man. If you drive just half mile down the road and turn on Springdale which is the area I’m in and realizing it was the close. f***ing hell.
I can imagine, if it's that much closer. Glad y'all are okay. (Even if you are a Pens fan. ;) )

Reactions: End of Line

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4