Columbus Thread VII (Convo and Questions About Columbus for Visitors and Locals)

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
Coming down for couple nights this weekend. What’s everyone’s favorite cocktail bar? Something with light food would be a plus (staying around short north).

Usually when I come down it’s with buddies so we’re always at gemut, Jackie O’s or the like. This time I’ll be with my wife so I’m looking for some nicer options. 😂

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Coming down for couple nights this weekend. What’s everyone’s favorite cocktail bar? Something with light food would be a plus (staying around short north).

Usually when I come down it’s with buddies so we’re always at gemut, Jackie O’s or the like. This time I’ll be with my wife so I’m looking for some nicer options. 😂

Tapas?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
(staying around short north).

This time I’ll be with my wife so I’m looking for some nicer options. 😂

Reactions: joybang

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
A 25-year old restaurant from Charleston that is considered one of the best seafood restaurants in the region is opening their 2nd restaurant......right here. The venture capital company that bought the restaurant a few years ago is based here in Columbus. I would expect some more growth like this here as Columbus keeps growing

I can't WAIT for it to open. I can walk there, a co-worker of mine lives in Charleston and he said it's the best seafood he's ever had.

Reactions: Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
A 25-year old restaurant from Charleston that is considered one of the best seafood restaurants in the region is opening their 2nd restaurant......right here. The venture capital company that bought the restaurant a few years ago is based here in Columbus. I would expect some more growth like this here as Columbus keeps growing

I can't WAIT for it to open. I can walk there, a co-worker of mine lives in Charleston and he said it's the best seafood he's ever had.
Just checked out the original website. Looks solid. And they've published a cookbook. That might be a must get for me for home cooking.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
So "they" say. LOL

I can say that I live right between Grant and Children's Hospital and the amount of emergency heliocopters and ambulances are down this year for sure. A few of us in the building talked about it a week ago.
I live just on the other side of 315 from Riverside and would agree. Far fewer helicopters. I always notice them because they scare my skitty cat and she goes and hides noisily in the bathroom cabinet

• Love
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I live just on the other side of 315 from Riverside and would agree. Far fewer helicopters. I always notice them because they scare my skitty cat and she goes and hides noisily in the bathroom cabinet

My guy is the opposite. He was a stray I took home in November and the only noise that he doesn't like is the sound of a garbage bag or grocery bag being opened up. I think he was accustomed to loud noises for about 18 months, he's pretty fearless.

He intimidates the French Bulldog on our floor. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
So "they" say. LOL

I can say that I live right between Grant and Children's Hospital and the amount of emergency heliocopters and ambulances are down this year for sure. A few of us in the building talked about it a week ago.

The mild winter we had must’ve put people in a better mindset lol.

Homicide going down and drug busts keep going up (at least that’s what it seems like talking to my buddies that are LEO’s here).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So "they" say. LOL

There's residences there? I always thought of those blocks as Generic Downtown Business Land. When I started at NCH they initially assigned my car to parking lots they had rights to in that area and all I ever saw when there were pet groomers, a restaurant or three, and Franklin University. :dunno:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yea, the whole area around Topiary Park and the Library on Grant from about Broad down to Rich St.

Lots of new builds since I moved here 2 years ago and our building is just 17 years old.

There's residences there? I always thought of those blocks as Generic Downtown Business Land. When I started at NCH they initially assigned my car to parking lots they had rights to in that area and all I ever saw when there were pet groomers, a restaurant or three, and Franklin University. :dunno:

I am really close to Grant, but I hear all the air traffic to Children's a few blocks away and see them take off and land all the time.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yea, the whole area around Topiary Park and the Library on Grant from about Broad down to Rich St.

Lots of new builds since I moved here 2 years ago and our building is just 17 years old.

I am really close to Grant, but I hear all the air traffic to Children's a few blocks away and see them take off and land all the time.
Ah, that explains it. I hear "between Grant and NCH" and think everything stuffed far into that corner where I71N splits off.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

I spend a few weeks in Charleston every winter and the number of Ohio plates on the road down there is a bit overwhelming. Even the local grocery store keeps Graeters and Jeni's in stock. Not surprised a restaurant there has chosen Columbus for its second location.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I spend a few weeks in Charleston every winter and the number of Ohio plates on the road down there is a bit overwhelming. Even the local grocery store keeps Graeters and Jeni's in stock. Not surprised a restaurant there has chosen Columbus for its second location.

About a dozen years ago we had a customer based in Fountain Inn, SC, south of Greenville. I had to be there for 2 weeks and it was for opening game for the Buckeyes. I asked someone at the company if there was a place that might show the Buckeye game. I had assumed being in South Carolina, the SEC would be on everywhere. They told me about this place

"We’re the home of the Ohio State Buckeyes on Saturdays and the Cleveland Browns on Sundays."

No lie, 100 Buckeye fans wall-to-wall. May as well have been at Easton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad