Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I saw a sign on the side of I-71 last night saying that 71 South and 70 West were going to close for construction beginning tonight. I can't find anything about this on ODOT's site. Does anybody know where to find more info (how long they will be closed, how much of the highway will be closed, etc.)?
It has to do with the Grant Avenue bridge replacement, among other things. I believe it's only during evenings, but will last throughout the summer. They've messed with plans for construction in that area so many times that I can't always keep track. (Nationwide Children's is expanding at the same time, so it's been utter chaos.)

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Hey board, I have 3 tickets for Thursday's game against the Penguins. Section 213, Row D, seats 3,4,5. Looking for $75 each ($225 total) I live out in California and was supposed to be back this week but my girlfriend has the flu. If you are interested please let me know. So far from what I've seen these are the cheapest on the third party sites.

I have two seats left now! So it’s just a pair. I’d be willing to work on a price just don’t want to take to big of a loss but something is more than 0.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
It has to do with the Grant Avenue bridge replacement, among other things. I believe it's only during evenings, but will last throughout the summer. They've messed with plans for construction in that area so many times that I can't always keep track. (Nationwide Children's is expanding at the same time, so it's been utter chaos.)

Thanks!

A few follow-up questions:

Do you know if I would be able to get to the Spring exit (coming from Cleveland)?

I assume the detour to 70 West would be 270 West to 70 West.

How would I get to Obetz if this closure is in effect?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thanks!

A few follow-up questions:

Do you know if I would be able to get to the Spring exit (coming from Cleveland)?

I assume the detour to 70 West would be 270 West to 70 West.

How would I get to Obetz if this closure is in effect?

In general: I'm reasonably certain (but not absolutely certain) that the closure is limited to the 70/71 split and no further. (At least, I've not seen any reason why it would go any further.) My presumption is that the detours are going to be 71 south -> 670 west -> 315 south -> 71 south, and 70 west -> 71 north -> 670 west -> 70 west. Thus the answers below:

#1: I assume so, since that's before the split.

#2: That's an option; I'm pretty sure 670 is staying open and accessible too as mentioned above.

#3: Probably 270. ;) I think 71 south to 70 east is also still going to be an option.

EDIT: And if you're really paranoid and want to be sure (and your destination is the Nat), you could just take 71 south -> 270 westbound -> 315 south. The Vine Street exit is on the same ramp as 670 east. (It's how I get there.)

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
In general: I'm reasonably certain (but not absolutely certain) that the closure is limited to the 70/71 split and no further. (At least, I've not seen any reason why it would go any further.) My presumption is that the detours are going to be 71 south -> 670 west -> 315 south -> 71 south, and 70 west -> 71 north -> 670 west -> 70 west. Thus the answers below:

#1: I assume so, since that's before the split.

#2: That's an option; I'm pretty sure 670 is staying open and accessible too as mentioned above.

#3: Probably 270. ;) I think 71 south to 70 east is also still going to be an option.

EDIT: And if you're really paranoid and want to be sure (and your destination is the Nat), you could just take 71 south -> 270 westbound -> 315 south. The Vine Street exit is on the same ramp as 670 east. (It's how I get there.)

Thanks. Spring being open was the biggest issue for me. The reason I'm concerned about 70 West is that it would be a problem for me if the closure is still in effect in late May (Indianapolis 500). Obetz, as you may have guessed, is because of the Machine.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
i have tickets for game 6 (home game 3)..

just for sake of conversation... if we close the series out by game 6... what happens, blanket refund or do they just roll game 6 ticket sales into the first game of the next round?

also, at what point do they open up ticket sales to the next round?

anyone know?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

just for sake of conversation... if we close the series out by game 6... what happens, blanket refund or do they just roll game 6 ticket sales into the first game of the next round?

anyone know?

You will get a full refund. I would guess round two will go on sale the day after the series ends.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

anyone know?

My guess is if you have playoff strips/season tickets, they credit towards next round. If you bought individual game, im confident they will refund.

I’m sure cbj will announce when individual tickets for next round go on sale, my guess would be presale by the end of this week and public by early next week. Uncharted territory though

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
There are roughly 10 singles left for Tuesday's game which aren't resale. In addition, the last 3 rows of the "tower" have seats together at $170 plus fees. About 25 left in the tower.

It would be an enormous financial boost for the franchise to go into the second round. Each playoff game generates around $3 million in gate revenue alone.

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
There are roughly 10 singles left for Tuesday's game which aren't resale. In addition, the last 3 rows of the "tower" have seats together at $170 plus fees. About 25 left in the tower.

They've jacked up the prices on those tower seats. I sat in them last year and seem to recall them being around $120 plus fees. It was a little strange sitting in them...Kind of like being in a suite with a bunch of people you don't know and no food or drinks included.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
My guess is if you have playoff strips/season tickets, they credit towards next round. If you bought individual game, im confident they will refund.

I’m sure cbj will announce when individual tickets for next round go on sale, my guess would be presale by the end of this week and public by early next week. Uncharted territory though

Thats kind of what tickled me about the question when my wife asked and i realized as a life long cbj fan i have no clue

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
About 3 dozen lower bowl primary tickets released on TM tonight for tomorrow night...about $140 each + TM fees...also a pair in the time warner lounge or whatever it's called for $295 each

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
$30 for the buffet ... includes 2 drink tickets that can be used on alcohol.

Where's this? I think for the Lexus Lounge, you have to buy a Lexus Lounge ticket ($295 for playoffs, I think they're $175-$200 regular season games).

CBJ are doing VIP parties for playoff games. $95/person for buffet and open bar (game ticket not included). Or $75 for buffet and beer/wine (game ticket not included).

Columbus Blue Jackets - Playoff Parties

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Where's this? I think for the Lexus Lounge, you have to buy a Lexus Lounge ticket ($295 for playoffs, I think they're $175-$200 regular season games).

CBJ are doing VIP parties for playoff games. $95/person for buffet and open bar (game ticket not included). Or $75 for buffet and beer/wine (game ticket not included).

Columbus Blue Jackets - Playoff Parties

For 103/104, 114/115 (LL sections) or glass seat holders during the season.

The VIP parties they are holding are new, and being held in different locations, not the LL.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
They have stopped allowing people to buy the “meal only” access to Lexus Lounge this year. We used to purchase a pass once or twice a year but were told that the STH in the Lexus Lounge complained about that policy so they discontinued that offering.

We paid for the VIP party by Mike’s Hard Lemonade for last night’s game. $95. If you are considering that, let me fill you in a bit. Food was decent but not worth the $. The location was the real problem. It was under the giant escalator at the McConnell entrance. Our seats were in 103. Wayyyyy opposite side of the arena. We couldn’t access the food/drinks between periods because of the distance and crowds on the concourse. We battled the crowds for the first intermission, got there for just 5 minutes and were late to our seats for second period. So, unless you are VERY close to that area, it’s a waste of time and money. Fairly fully stocked bar was nice, no lines at bar/food/bathroom also nice. Liquor, wine, beer at the $95 VIP party, just beer and wine at the Labatts $75 party.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
Going to be driving over to Columbus on Saturday for a family gathering over by Easton.

Gathering starts at 1 and likely over before the game ends. First birthday party so I'm not sure how long the party goes on for and my son and I are the only hockey fans in the family. If we leave before the game ends, what places on that side of town would be worthwhile to watch the rest of the game before we head back to Indy.

Thanks

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
If you are by Easton there's plenty of sports bars (BW3, Champps, etc.) that you should be able to find. I don't think there's anything that's a hockey-first place like R-Bar.

Reactions: IndyDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad