Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Is there an exit from the McConnell Blvd. Garage that will get you into the rightmost lane on Neil Ave. or does that line of cars come from another garage? My route home involves a right turn on Vine, so getting into the right-hand lane would make it easier for me.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'd find a place in German Village or Short North and go from there. Lot of restaurants and bars walking distance and Columbus is centrally located where you can drive just about anywhere in 15-20 minutes.

Snilsson

Jul 6, 2016
Chicago
I'd find a place in German Village or Short North and go from there. Lot of restaurants and bars walking distance and Columbus is centrally located where you can drive just about anywhere in 15-20 minutes.
That's my thought! Any advice on when/where to buy tickets and just general information about the arena?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
That's my thought! Any advice on when/where to buy tickets and just general information about the arena?

Plenty of parking in $7-10 range within a 2-3 blocks of arena. Meter parking is free on Sunday. Lots of Brew Pubs within about a mile of arena: Gordon Biersch, Hofbrauhaus, Elevator Brewing, Hoof Hearted, Wolfs Ridge, Barleys, North High, Seventh Son. You can use CBUS Circulator for free (bus that goes up down high street area) to hit quite a few of these. Around the arena, The R Bar started out as a bar for die hard CBJ fans, but has gone pretty main stream so it's elbow to elbow by a couple hours before game, which can be hard to manage. Most visiting fans have now heard of it and find their way there now. It's worth a stop to experience if you've never been, but will be obnoxiously jammed with Pens fans for the Pens game. The Three Legged Mare has same owner also gets crowded but less visiting fans. Plenty of other food/drinking places around arena, but get there at least a couple hours early (earlier for Pens game) for space or choose a place that's a few blocks away if you prefer not being crowded.

Arena District and Arena Information:
Welcome to Nationwide Arena!

Short North District (located just up High Street from Arena)
The Art and Soul of Columbus | Short North, Columbus Ohio

Columbus Ideas
Top Things to Do in Columbus | Attractions & Restaurants

Winter Park will still be open through Feb 25th if you like skating or want to checkout what's going on
Columbus Blue Jackets Winter Park presented by Worthington Industries

Ticketmaster is official seller and reseller of CBJ tickets. Pens game is approaching a sellout, so may want to get tickets soon if you're sure you want them. Seats in red are resale tickets that often are posted at higher price than face value, but can also be lower than face value depending on the price the owner sets them.
Columbus Blue Jackets

Of course, there are always listings on StubHub
StubHub!

Biz Nasty

Proudly blocked by DK
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh
Coming in with a group for the Pens game next Sunday and staying at the Hilton by the arena. On Saturday we wanted to venture out of the Arena District and check out some of the bars in Short North...any recommendations?

We’re more of a sports bar crowd than a trendy crowd, so any suggestions would be helpful

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Coming in with a group for the Pens game next Sunday and staying at the Hilton by the arena. On Saturday we wanted to venture out of the Arena District and check out some of the bars in Short North...any recommendations?

We’re more of a sports bar crowd than a trendy crowd, so any suggestions would be helpful

I would say most of the Short North bars don't qualify for "sports bar." Bodega has a bunch of TVs that show sports, though. Barley's is an early-period micro-brewery that has TVs. RAM has a bit of a sports bar vibe, and maybe the Pint House does too.

I'm probably missing some.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I would say most of the Short North bars don't qualify for "sports bar." Bodega has a bunch of TVs that show sports, though. Barley's is an early-period micro-brewery that has TVs. RAM has a bit of a sports bar vibe, and maybe the Pint House does too.

I'm probably missing some.
Bernard's Tavern would be a good sports spot in the Short North. RAM and Pint House are good suggestions too. Arch City Tavern might be worth a look.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

R-Bar is best sports bar in the area.

Reactions: CPTN71

Biz Nasty

Proudly blocked by DK
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh
We had our first R Bar experience last year and love it. We plan on being down there on Sunday before the game, but wanted to get out and explore a bit on Saturday since we’ll be in town for an extra night.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. We love this trip and are looking forward to a fun weekend

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

Someone mentioned Bernard's, which is probably the most "sports bar" in the Short North. Honestly, if you're not into trendy places, the Short North probably isn't your speed. It's nice and all, but meh. Not my favorite area personally, simply because it is a little too "trendy".

I work at a place called Pins, which is near the Arena but just outside of the Arena District I suppose. Much of our business is out of towners, as there are obviously a bunch of hotels in the area and our schtick is arcade games and duckpin bowling, so it offers something interactive as opposed to just sitting around and drinking.

There's also usually a post-game crowd with fans of both teams coming in, so you'd be in good company :)

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Is there an exit from the McConnell Blvd. Garage that will get you into the rightmost lane on Neil Ave. or does that line of cars come from another garage? My route home involves a right turn on Vine, so getting into the right-hand lane would make it easier for me.

i enter on the N side of the garage and usually exit there too. If you haven't noticed, there are two ways down. One takes you out of the west side of the garage (and into the 2nd lane on Neil)

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I work at a place called Pins, which is near the Arena but just outside of the Arena District I suppose. Much of our business is out of towners, as there are obviously a bunch of hotels in the area and our schtick is arcade games and duckpin bowling, so it offers something interactive as opposed to just sitting around and drinking.

we went to Pins pre-game on Sunday. great place! we were able to do giant Jenga, giant beer pong, shuffleboard and duck pin bowling. fantastic place, we had a blast! my only complaint was when one of the foosball tables ate my quarters. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac DeMarco

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Season ticket renewals came out today. In my case seemed to be a larger increase than in past - tickets (117) went from $71 each to $75 each. Again I'm assuming it's same number of games (41 reg season + 4 preseason).

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Season ticket renewals came out today. In my case seemed to be a larger increase than in past - tickets (117) went from $71 each to $75 each. Again I'm assuming it's same number of games (41 reg season + 4 preseason).

Yeah...mine went up just about $1 from $42 to $43.22

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
we went to Pins pre-game on Sunday. great place! we were able to do giant Jenga, giant beer pong, shuffleboard and duck pin bowling. fantastic place, we had a blast! my only complaint was when one of the foosball players ate my quarters. :(
Glad you enjoyed yourselves! It's a fun place to work :)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

109 went up about a $1 per game.

Buddy of mine who has glass said his went up $400 per seat for the season.

Autografan

Feb 21, 2018
Does anyone know how I would be best able to get some autographs from Caps players during their visit to Columbus? Is there an area after the game like by the bus parking that fans can wait and catch a player before they get on the bus?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Does anyone know how I would be best able to get some autographs from Caps players during their visit to Columbus? Is there an area after the game like by the bus parking that fans can wait and catch a player before they get on the bus?

They park the bus in the loading dock, so there is no access for the public.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Update on the souvenir cups:

No fifth cup as of the Flyers game a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if one has become available since then.

Guessing Jones or Dubinsky is next if they have one.. I guess Panarin might be an outside shot depending on when they had them made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad