Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If you are a foodie and don't mind spending some $$$$ on dinner, check out Veritas on Gay St. FanTASTIC meal. Everything was great, small plates and great cocktails. Veritas up in Delaware was named best restaurant in 2017 by the Dispatch and they just opened downtown.

Again, it's not cheap. I spent about $130 with 3 drinks and about 7 things off the menu. My buddy Tommy who owns his own restaurant spent $300, but he's nuts. He obviously agreed it was great.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If you are a foodie and don't mind spending some $$$$ on dinner, check out Veritas on Gay St. FanTASTIC meal. Everything was great, small plates and great cocktails. Veritas up in Delaware was named best restaurant in 2017 by the Dispatch and they just opened downtown.

Again, it's not cheap. I spent about $130 with 3 drinks and about 7 things off the menu. My buddy Tommy who owns his own restaurant spent $300, but he's nuts. He obviously agreed it was great.

Haven't been since they moved downtown but can vouch for this per the Delaware location.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
+1 have not been to the downtown location but can also attest that the original spot was lights out.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The downtown location has a bar upstairs from the dining room that is an old bank lobby. It's gorgeous.

23319070_1770527226293343_8261777068398300909_n.jpg

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
New cup was out at last night's game against Vegas....

Panarin!

It seems like they skipped February. I wonder if it was supposed to be a Johnson cup and they were worried about putting out a cup and then trading him during the month.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The downtown location has a bar upstairs from the dining room that is an old bank lobby. It's gorgeous.

23319070_1770527226293343_8261777068398300909_n.jpg
Thanks for sharing the photo as I'm looking forward to my first visit downtown..... Have been to the Delaware location many times. The plating and creativity makes me feel like I'm on an episode of Iron Chef America. An Incredible - though pricey - evening every time. (And a great cocktail menu as well).

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Any other STHs have issues with the playoff ticket ordering process this year? First, I haven't been receiving the e-mails about it. Out of the blue, I received an e-mail directly from my rep late last week saying I was up against the deadline to confirm I wanted my seats for the playoffs. My rep said to expect an e-mail on Friday with instructions to purchase additional strips, but I didn't receive that one and I was checking spam too. So, I e-mailed my rep today about it and she said I should've gotten an e-mail, but she then sent the instructions and that my allotted time to purchase strips was at 1pm. Then, when my allocated time opened up, I entered my password and it said it was accepted, but it said "No items available". In the end, I had to call my rep and purchase the additional playoff strips over the phone. It really seemed messed up process this year.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I didn't have any issues with any of it. I got the first email early last week, and was able to log on at 1:00 and had some extra tickets a few minutes later.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I didn't have any issues. I got the email about additional strips last Friday but didn't log on until Monday and still got lowers I needed.
It was interesting (and not sure if it was same in past) that all lowers are same price, so no savings for ends or corners.
As a STH that is one of few perks I actually like is buying advanced playoff tickets. Especially with Pittsburgh being a potential match-up they will be tough to get.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
For anyone with a quarter season plan have you gotten any indication as to which game you get per round yet? That is always been known before the single game tickets go on sale so I know which games to buy.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was looking at TM this morning and noticing what is available. I remember last year we were only allowed to buy as many seats as we had on our account per game. In my case that is 2. This year the email says we can get 4 per game.

Based upon availability on the map for the full season ticket holder sale that began today, will partial STH get the shaft on getting tickets for other games or are they holding back certain blocks of tickets? Options look limited on the map. I’m sure there are far more partial STH than full and I’ve never had an issue in the past but they seem to be giving partial STH less and less perks every year so nothing would surprise me right now.

imderekpoe

Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, OH
I was looking at TM this morning and noticing what is available. I remember last year we were only allowed to buy as many seats as we had on our account per game. In my case that is 2. This year the email says we can get 4 per game.

Based upon availability on the map for the full season ticket holder sale that began today, will partial STH get the shaft on getting tickets for other games or are they holding back certain blocks of tickets? Options look limited on the map. I’m sure there are far more partial STH than full and I’ve never had an issue in the past but they seem to be giving partial STH less and less perks every year so nothing would surprise me right now.

I was able to get tickets for the 3 games not included in my plan this morning. 215 row M for 2 games and row L for the other, but lower bowl seats were available.

And the tickets for those 3 games plus the one for my plan all show up on my CBJ account now.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was able to get tickets for the 3 games not included in my plan this morning. 215 row M for 2 games and row L for the other, but lower bowl seats were available.

And the tickets for those 3 games plus the one for my plan all show up on my CBJ account now.
I was able to get tickets for all of them as well. The Ticketmaster app was acting up and not working right but I switched to a desktop and got to pick my seats with no issues for the other games.

Reactions: Jaxs

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I was wanting to go to the Penguins game this Thursday since work gave me the night off unexpectedly since I have to teach a 2.5 hour class on Friday afternoon... But, prices are kind of scaring me away. Tickets look to cost about 80 dollars for a nose bleed seat above the goalie end... With the playoffs upcoming and the need to buy 1-2 seats per game (my girlfriend also wants to attend), I had to tell myself... You can stay home to watch this game with your girlfriend, so that we both can attend a playoff game or two in person.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Thankfully, I got tickets to Thursday's game awhile back and I was hoping it would be a meaningful one. It's going to be off the charts!

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Hey board, I have 3 tickets for Thursday's game against the Penguins. Section 213, Row D, seats 3,4,5. Looking for $75 each ($225 total) I live out in California and was supposed to be back this week but my girlfriend has the flu. If you are interested please let me know. So far from what I've seen these are the cheapest on the third party sites.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I saw a sign on the side of I-71 last night saying that 71 South and 70 West were going to close for construction beginning tonight. I can't find anything about this on ODOT's site. Does anybody know where to find more info (how long they will be closed, how much of the highway will be closed, etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad