Columbus Thread IV (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
heard a rumor that Common Man is leaving 97.1 for the new station to be reunited with Torg...dunno how credible the rumor is...but if so, i've lost all hope already...

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
heard a rumor that Common Man is leaving 97.1 for the new station to be reunited with Torg...dunno how credible the rumor is...but if so, i've lost all hope already...

I have not heard this rumor. I would bet he's got some sort of non compete that would keep him off the air for a while too.

But I just looked him up on twitter and he changed his name from @CommonMan971 to just @CommonManRadio, sooooo.....

Where there's smoke there's fire?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

I have not heard this rumor. I would bet he's got some sort of non compete that would keep him off the air for a while too.

But I just looked him up on twitter and he changed his name from @CommonMan971 to just @CommonManRadio, sooooo.....

Where there's smoke there's fire?

I haven't heard this either and would surprise me to see Ricordati leave The Fan.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Visiting fans thread

Now that the realignment is official, I'm glad Columbus and St. Louis aren't gonna be in the same division because I really do like the way do guys look for the future. Cam Atkinson is on of my favorite players and your team is incredibly hard working. With Davidson as GM, you guys could very well be contending as soon as next year.

Didn't know where to post this, so I started a visiting fan thread.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Looking for 3 or 4 tickets to Tues (Apr 9th) game against Sharks. Must be lower bowl. Thanks!

Edit: Found some. Thanks!

Last edited:

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Hello Jacket fans!

I am looking for potentially 4 tickest to the APR 12th game VS. STL. If anyone has that many that are NOT in the nose bleeds (my wife has a slight case of vertigo...so I need to be lower down)....please PM me.

Thanks

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I bought 4 tickets to the Apr 9 game against the Sharks....but now I only need 3.
So if anyone is looking for 1 ticket, and don't mind sitting with me and a couple buddies I'll sell the ticket for what I have in it: $50 (is negotiable) Sec 111 row F (Jackets attack twice corner).

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009

On the subject of the Torg...

Torg last night on twiter said that he would root for the Taliban over Michigan. He soon deleted the tweet after several persons called him out for his statement.

This morning SKY News reports the Taliban killed 6 Americans including a young female diplomat in a car bomb.
http://news.sky.com/story/1074978/afghanistan-taliban-kill-six-americans

Maybe some people in Columbus think what Torg said was funny. I personally do not. To support the Taliban over a college rivalry is appalling.

Last edited:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
You can't take things the Torg and many others like him say literally. Like saying he wishes Desmond Howard was dead. Like saying he cheers for the Taliban over Michigan.

It's the nature of shock jocks. If you don't like him, that's fine, but don't take them at their word.

And why anyone would follow the Torg on Twitter is beyond my simple caveman minds comprehension.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
There are certain things that should not be said. If you don't believe me, call up a radio show and say you are going kill the president, and then claim when the secret service come to visit you that you didn't mean it literally. Torg knows he crossed the line, he deleted the tweet. What he said was appalling.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Hey all...had a change of plans from my above post....I am looking for 3 tix for the game on the 27th. I would prefer ones that are not in the nose bleeds. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

jdhebner

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I ain't cousin Basil
Visit site
I'm taking my daughter and a student to the 17th game vs the ducks. I'll have my CBJ Prospal jersey. Last game vs Ducks in Anaheim I expected the CBJ to get annihilated, and I was very pleasantly surprised. So I'll go in with the same expectations....

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Wanted to give all of you Jacket fans that are not season ticket holders a heads up.

One of our loyal ticket buyers through the years has retired and will be joining his family in California. With my Fire dept. schedule I usually need to sell an average of around 14 games a year. presently it looks like I will only be able to sell around 4 games unless some of my friends want to get in on the action. I doubt that that will happen.

I sell my tickets for what I pay for them, which is $57.00 a piece. They are in Club lvl sec. C12, and they are aisle seats.

The pros: Club lvl is great; I can get you fan bucks if you want them; any PSL promo that falls on a game you are attending, such as free food night, you get to enjoy; I will give you first dibs on play-off games that I cannot use; or I will be able to buy extra play-off tickets for you since PSL holders get first dibs on them; and I will not force you to buy pre-season games, but will sell you any if you want them.

The cons: You will sort of be stuck buying the games that I work, but I am agreeable to sell you others if you have a burning desire to see a specific team.

I know that this is pretty early, so I will re-post this closer to next season.

Please be aware that this could be a one season deal. I will be retiring after next season, so my buddy (who has seats 3 & 4) may sell his PSL's and just split my tickets in seats 1 & 2. If he decides to keep his seats, then the deal will continue, but I will have much more flexibility on which games I will sell.

If you are interested please PM me.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site

I had thought about this too, and one would think this would happen, but Ricordotti has been placing a few jabs directly at John Feinstein lately, who has a flagship show on CBS Radio, 95.5.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Maybe some people in Columbus think what Torg said was funny. I personally do not. To support the Taliban over a college rivalry is appalling.

Poor joke, but like the previous issue that got him in trouble... No he wasn't going to support the Taliban over Michigan. That we take that comment seriously reflects poorly on those who believe that.

It's called hyperbole with poor taste and poor judgement. I have never liked Torg. Two years ago I said he was a HR nightmare waiting to happen. He certainly is. However, to believe that he would support the Taliban in any way is just down right silly. We knew what he meant. He was going for shock value. But from what I can tell he is quite proud of America and, overall, a decent enough person.

Attack him for poor judgement and taste? Sure. Accuse him of being a Taliban sympathizer or phrase it in such a way that you took the comment seriously or literally? I don't think so.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Poor joke, but like the previous issue that got him in trouble... No he wasn't going to support the Taliban over Michigan. That we take that comment seriously reflects poorly on those who believe that.

It's called hyperbole with poor taste and poor judgement. I have never liked Torg. Two years ago I said he was a HR nightmare waiting to happen. He certainly is. However, to believe that he would support the Taliban in any way is just down right silly. We knew what he meant. He was going for shock value. But from what I can tell he is quite proud of America and, overall, a decent enough person.

Attack him for poor judgement and taste? Sure. Accuse him of being a Taliban sympathizer or phrase it in such a way that you took the comment seriously or literally? I don't think so.

It'd be one thing if this was an isolated incident. But it's a common occurence for him.

I'll never forget when he said somebody should take Mason out drinking and give him "a near death experience, to scare him into playing better"

Bush league garbage like that is the norm for him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Torg is a 13 year old boy that deserves no place on the radio. Listening to him is like listening the conversation in a junior high school

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Torg is a 13 year old boy that deserves no place on the radio. Listening to him is like listening the conversation in a junior high school

That"s insulting Junior High Schoolers.

While I agree with Blah, I don't really think he supports the Taliban, his statements are just too far beyond anything resembling good taste for me. Also agree that one such egregious event might be one thing, but the idiot not only puts his foot in his mouth he seems to relish the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad