Columbus Thread IV (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Can anyone take a photo of one of the Banners inside the Arena? I'd like the one of Prospal. Please send me a PM and I will give my email address.

In case you never got one. Please excuse lighting and crappy camera phone photo.

2pXytru.jpg

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Are you able to go down to the glass seats during warm-ups or do you have to have tickets in that section to go down there?

forktie

Jan 31, 2007
the 'Bus
I bought club level seats for Friday night vs Calgary. Is there anything special about the seats as far as like a bar or table service or private bathroom or is it just like any other seat? Thanks in advance.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Club seats have a in seat waiter and there are food and bar areas only open to the club area. They are also the best seats in the house.

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
Also in Club level, the ushers hand out game stats at the end of period breaks. Pretty cool touch.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
I'll be TDY til May 9th... wouldn't it be sweet to jump on a plane to Columbus that day and catch some playoff hockey...

But that's a little too far into the future

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
ACA hates club. We just sit in our seats quietly eating superior food, never cheering. The only scarves in club are ascots.

Mike Todd avoids club for all in arena promos. Standard English is required at all times in club.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
There's a new all sports station coming to Columbus. It will feature everybody's favorite/least favorite radio guy Scott "The Torg" Torgerson.

I think it's cool he's getting a gig back in Columbus after the whole ordeal. Would be interesting to see what happens if they put him on the same timeslot as his former co-host Mike "Common Man" Riccordati.

One would think 97.1 would still be #1 for a long time considering all their licensing advantages.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i'm stoked... 97.1 needs some actual competition...

After doing some further reading, it looks like the country station 95.5 is moving (cue my mother being confused when this happens) and sports is taking its place on this station. They will be carrying Jim Rome.

Jim Rome is another guy who most people are either hot or cold with. But he does still have a giant nationwide audience. Good catch for them. That will most likely be a lead in for Torg, I would think.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...-to-move-programming-to-wnkk-frequency-making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad