GDT: Columbus @ Montreal | 7 PM EST

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Hoping Tarasov keeps stringing good games together. Nice job coming in. Realistically, waiting for him to go into a slide, as he has done since he has been here. Up and down, like a toilet seat. Would love to see him stay consistantly good.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I won't stand for this Carson Meyer slander.

He played ten minutes and had 70% in the possession stats, the Habs had only two shots with him out there. That's a good call-up.
He took a bad penalty and he clearly wasnt the one carrying the puck on that line. Olivier looked good though

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t care how many forwards were out. Playing Boone almost 26 minutes is f*cking stupid yet the kind of stuff I’ve come to expect from Vincent. This isn’t good for Boone or the team JD needs to call him in for a chat.

The team medical staff has access to info on that, and the "high performance" coach that tests the players regularly, I believe Nelson Ayotte. It might not be bad for Boone, it's hard to say without access to the information they have.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Because the media wants to make a story out of the 5 minutes he apparently got to play tonight. I didn't see the game but I'm glad I missed it.

These 2 quotes seem a bit counterproductive however. Did they really pull their heads out of their asses after a goalie change where they got shutout?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Because the media wants to make a story out of the 5 minutes he apparently got to play tonight. I didn't see the game but I'm glad I missed it.

These 2 quotes seem a bit counterproductive however. Did they really pull their heads out of their asses after a goalie change where they got shutout?

Yeah they did play the right way after the pull.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Just one more comment on Tarasov. After the Seattle game, which I consider his low water mark so far this year, he was sitting on an .875 save percentage. After last night, he has improved that to .903. Fantastic job on his part when as bad as things were for him after Seattle, and he could have just packed it in then, that he has kept his head in it and improved like he has. Still not sold on him as he has a ways to go, but good for him and I hope he keeps it up. Would be a nice bright spot in such a dismal season.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
CBJ played well, and to end up the game 3-0 is bit harsh.
I would be happy if Elvis does not stay. He was not happy being pulled, but he was just not ready. I don't enjoy his me me me mentality while being only average most of the time. A duo Tarasov/Greaves would be much better imo.

Reactions: DJA

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
CBJ played well, and to end up the game 3-0 is bit harsh.
I would be happy if Elvis does not stay. He was not happy being pulled, but he was just not ready. I don't enjoy his me me me mentality while being only average most of the time. A duo Tarasov/Greaves would be much better imo.

I don't blame Elvis for those goals, and I tend to think he might be a better goalie than the younger guys. But ultimately I come to the same place as you, his self-oriented approach is a distraction, and I think the players might prefer to play for Tarasov and Greaves.

Reactions: tchigo

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'll comment on this but I have no context on what happened last night and I've seen zero highlights of the start of the game but here is what I hear.

1. Elvis was upset he got pulled and PV said it was a mercy pull and not his fault. If I hadn't played for several day and then only got 5 minutes before being puled and it truly wasn't my fault, I'd be pissed too.

2. Some people blame Elvis for the goals and PV and a few others on here don't blame Elvis for the goals. Is that anti Elvis bias? I don't know exactly what happened last night. If the lineup played like sh*t in front of 1 goalie and didn't wake their heads up until after the pull happened, I see that as a flaw of those players and not the goalies fault. IF the players truly don't like Elvis (which seems like a cop out excuse for poor play) there is zero excuse for not playing as a professional and being sh*tty in front of him out of spite as it seems to be implied wether it be subconscious or not.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Montreal played six minutes in that game then got bailed out by Primeau. You guys dominated us the rest of the way!

I hope you smash Ottawa!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If the lineup played like sh*t in front of 1 goalie and didn't wake their heads up until after the pull happened, I see that as a flaw of those players and not the goalies fault. IF the players truly don't like Elvis (which seems like a cop out excuse for poor play) there is zero excuse for not playing as a professional and being sh*tty in front of him out of spite as it seems to be implied wether it be subconscious or not.

How many times in league history have teams played better after a pull? It's not really remarkable by itself. I didn't mean to imply that the players played poorly because of Elvis, I don't think that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00