GDT: Columbus @ Montreal | 7 PM EST

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If goaltending worked the way some here act our goalies would end the year with a .985SV% :laugh:
If our goalies worked the way goaltending should, they'd have a .900 SV% and would have allowed 0.4 goals on 4 shots.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Watching it again on the replays, it was tipped but Elvis was square to it. He shouldn't have let it by.
Oh my......you can't be serious.
Blaming him for a tipped slap shot??? And he was partially screened?
So easy to say 'well, on the replay.....' - NHL hockey moves FAST. No way he purposely stops that - he was in position, it hit the crossbar and went off his back.

Ridiculous

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So easy to say 'well, on the replay.....' - NHL hockey moves FAST. No way he purposely stops that - he was in position, it hit the crossbar and went off his back.

Ridiculous
What's easy is to say nobody should be giving up 3 goals on the first 4 shots of the game.

Cayden Primeau came to play. Elvis did not.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They need to figure it out before next season

I don't think you can really "figure it out" with most goalies. Even if Tarasov plays well the rest of the year we don't know what he'll do next season. Certainly with Tarasov he doesn't have the fundamentals to give me confidence in him.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
What's easy is to say nobody should be giving up 3 goals on the first 4 shots of the game.

Cayden Primeau came to play. Elvis did not.

That's bullshit and you know it.

1st goal; Gallagher all alone in front, tipped in.
2nd goal; blasted through him.
3rd goal; already discussed.

Stats do not tell the truth here.

Pulling him was still the right move.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Ridiculous
Just reviewed the goals. 1 and 3 were nice goals by Montreal. The second was an uncontested one timer on a PP from 20 or so feet. Certainly not unstoppable but no guaranteed save either.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That's bullshit and you know it.

1st goal; Gallagher all alone in front, tipped in.
2nd goal; blasted through him.
3rd goal; already discussed.

Stats do not tell the truth here.

Pulling him was still the right move.
Guess you've never heard the phrase "they needed him to make some big saves early and he kept them in the game."

That's not a major expectation. A decent goalie will make a few big saves each night to keep the team in the game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Johnny standing there behind the net and everyone on the ice just looking at him

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I don't think you can really "figure it out" with most goalies. Even if Tarasov plays well the rest of the year we don't know what he'll do next season. Certainly with Tarasov he doesn't have the fundamentals to give me confidence in him.
All I want is a goalie who will make saves and stop the puck
No excuses
Just make the save
Somehow someway
Please sweet Jesus find me a goalie

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad