GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs New Jersey Devils: Close Hallcounters of the Nico Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
it seems we were really driven to bob's left side, which is his glove side

thAtslD.png
Seems CBJ was really driven to Kinky's right side, which is where Lovejoy played :/

Reactions: OmNomNom

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Ownerships constant removal of atmosphere contributing items like horns because of the you suck chant. Totally ruined the kill chant and it was much better at starting lgd chants then the mascot.

That's not a bad thing to me, I hated that chant, but otherwise I agree horns should be allowed.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Also the fact that the DJ or whoever controls the music insists on playing music every time a stoppage happens even if the crowd is chanting something.

not gonna lie this kinda irks me.

i do miss when a loud lgd would start right before a break in play and they would leave the music off throughout the stoppage or, at the least, wait until the chant dies down a little bit and then start up the lgd organ

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That's not a bad thing to me, I hated that chant, but otherwise I agree horns should be allowed.

personally, i loved the Kill chant. otherwise, you can hear a pin drop when the puck is in our zone

I know the you suck chant is tradition but tbh I would have no issue if it just disappeared.

the makeshift chant is stupid, but it's a necessary evil. i still cringe at the goal song we have

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I know the you suck chant is tradition but tbh I would have no issue if it just disappeared.
It's not tradition. It didn't popup until RRP2 came back when we moved to Newark. It's just they went the wrong way in getting rid of it and their continued attempts to try and stamp it out turned it into a rebellion thing. People did it because they weren't supposed to. Now there's no getting rid of it.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I liked it when they pushed the Devils Army theme. It's cool how they give out the military style jacket to the player of the game. Beats the played out championship belt thing (and the rangers stupid fedora) Also people are starting to clamor for those Devils vs. Everyone shirts.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's not tradition. It didn't popup until RRP2 came back when we moved to Newark. It's just they went the wrong way in getting rid of it and their continued attempts to try and stamp it out turned it into a rebellion thing. People did it because they weren't supposed to. Now there's no getting rid of it.
It and this rebellious reason for doing it, both seem - I don't know - childish. I'm not a stiff, I just think it's fart-joke level stupid.

BG's post actually perfectly sums up my feelings on it.
Agreed; it's like an attempt to add validity to the ugly, low-class, white trash, hockey fan stereotype.

Reactions: New Jersey

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think if this team makes the playoffs, the You Suck chant and the Kill chant are going to be there in FULL force... 100% organically created by the fans and it's going to sound awesome.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i largely abstain from "you suck" now, but if i'm heated and in the moment, e.g. scoring after a questionable hit by or missed call on the opposition while the offending player is on the ice, that'll get me going.

tbh the fans chanting rrp2 after kevin clark announces the goal irritates me less than forcing it into the song, but that's just me.

Reactions: thethinglonger

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I don't know how some people feel about it, but I actually enjoy the Woo thing catching on. Maybe it's just my affinity for crazy Ric Flair. :laugh:

i fell in love with the ric flair hype promo when they put elizabeth's own jay lethal in there. i hope they keep the necessary rights to have that video package for a while, beyond next season. that shit would get the place rocking in a final, my god.

TODAY I GOT THE STYLE AND PROFILE LIKE NEVER BEFORE

Reactions: MadDog172430

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
There was a crew of what seemed like foreigners at the game sitting downstairs last night banging some of those heavy steel pots and some form of other stuff which if anybody happened to hear on TV or while attending the game, was a nice addition and livened the crowd up a bit. Nice to see security didn't give them an issue either as they've done for many noise related things in recent years.

Matty and Chico commented that there was a big Swiss contingent visiting for some reason and they were the guys with the pans...

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I do recall Seven Nation Army was well received as a goal song until the fans easily worked "You Suck" in and that vanished quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad