GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs New Jersey Devils: Close Hallcounters of the Nico Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
lol you're not being rude. i'm just trying to pick at your thoughts, that's all.
Things can get going fast on here and get carried away lol, just covering my bases

I feel a top 9 acquisition is a must - if we miss the playoffs after that then its on the team (almost just as much as if is now but we have had injury problems all season so we need help from the GM)

Camille the Eel

The first game, when we beat Columbus, we were successful counterattacking with odd man rushes around their heavy forecheck. I particularly remember a Hall 2 on 1 goal that put us up by two or three in the third period. We then came out at home, a week later, and took a 2 - 0 lead. Panarin went wild in the second period, they began to dominate us physically down low, and if you look at our play against them since then, they've outscored us since the start of that second period in like October by something like 13 goals - to 2. (Maybe an exaggeration but not by much).

We match up badly against Columbus. We're susceptible to be muscled down low and to turnovers. Heavy teams have given us trouble all year. Teams that let us skate, even with Pittsburgh talent, we handle a lot better.

If Dubinsky stays healthy Columbus can be trouble for anyone.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
let’s say we don’t win the majority of our last 22, for conversation’s sake:

10-9-3 in our last 22 would put us at 93 points. that should be enough. basically, we’d need to have a catastrophic collapse to miss.

god was losing to the jackets last night bad for this place.

Reactions: Bologna 1

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
feel really good about the team. they're learning to play and win with crap goaltending. if they play the same way when schneider comes back they're going to win a lot of games

Reactions: Bologna 1

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The last thing we need is our best player by a wide margin being devestated because we missed the playoffs because Shero didn’t get him more help. He told Hall to step it up this year - now its Shero’s turn (no that doesnt mean he hasn’t done well but its like Tavares wanting moves from Snow, just to a much lesser extent without the fear of walking this offseason)

of all the narratives on this board, the one where we have to coddle hall to get him re-signed might be the silliest. he obviously likes it here, he sees where we’re heading long term, and he is on board. if he winds up walking after his contract is up, f*** him. but I really doubt that will be the case.

Reactions: glenwo2 and JK3

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
let’s say we don’t win the majority of our last 22, for conversation’s sake:

10-9-3 in our last 22 would put us at 93 points. that should be enough. basically, we’d need to have a catastrophic collapse to miss.

god was losing to the jackets last night bad for this place.
Which is pretty interesting considering we always lose to the Jackets over the past few years.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
of all the narratives on this board, the one where we have to coddle hall to get him re-signed might be the silliest. he obviously likes it here, he sees where we’re heading long term, and he is on board. if he winds up walking after his contract is up, **** him. but I really doubt that will be the case.
the question is, does he have a suter in the league for his inner parise?

Reactions: MartyOwns

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
admittedly I didn’t see the game, but that strikes me as odd. he is disappointed kinkaid didn’t pitch a shutout? it doesn’t matter who the goalie is, 99% of the time you’ll need to score more than 1 goal to win a game. hynes ought to know that

Moreover - if we didn't get gifted one by Bobrovsky, we didn't score at all. Tough to win that way.

Kinkaid should've had it that second goal for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered.

Reactions: MartyOwns

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Moreover - if we didn't get gifted one by Bobrovsky, we didn't score at all. Tough to win that way.

Kinkaid should've had it that second goal for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered.
it seems we were really driven to bob's left side, which is his glove side

thAtslD.png

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
There was a crew of what seemed like foreigners at the game sitting downstairs last night banging some of those heavy steel pots and some form of other stuff which if anybody happened to hear on TV or while attending the game, was a nice addition and livened the crowd up a bit. Nice to see security didn't give them an issue either as they've done for many noise related things in recent years.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
There was a crew of what seemed like foreigners at the game sitting downstairs last night banging some of those heavy steel pots and some form of other stuff which if anybody happened to hear on TV or while attending the game, was a nice addition and livened the crowd up a bit. Nice to see security didn't give them an issue either as they've done for many noise related things in recent years.
wonder if they were johannson's "fan club", aka his friends that came to visit

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was very noticeable on TV.

I said it sounded like pots and pans or some kind of cymbals crashing. A couple people said it was cowbells.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The atmosphere at the game last night was pretty great. A Tuesday vs Columbus is usually half empty. The fans are responding to how this team is playing.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The atmosphere at the game last night was pretty great. A Tuesday vs Columbus is usually half empty. The fans are responding to how this team is playing.

It came across well on TV too and that isn't always the case as I believe MSG sometimes mutes the crowd. 14,000 was the crowd which is decent

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It came across well on TV too and that isn't always the case as I believe MSG sometimes mutes the crowd. 14,000 was the crowd which is decent

Yes and there was legit 14k in the building. In previous years, they would announce 14k but there was no way there was more than 11k in the building.

Reactions: New Jersey

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

It was Nico's family. His father was directly behind the guys with the bells. Security did actually come down and try to stop them from ringing the bells, but about 3 entire sections surrounding them started booing security. There was even a "ring that bell" chant. Eventually, one of the in-arena camera guys came down to the section and told security that they needed to leave them alone, and that was the end of the issue.

Reactions: thethinglonger

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Just hard to fathom how they just can't beat Columbus no matter what they do. Can't be losing games in regulation to divisional rivals.

These are the games we HAVE to win, not games in Tampa.

Frustrating how there's very little supporting cast begund Hall and Hischier now. Palmieri to an extent too. But after that there's nothing. This team is in desperate need for secondary scoring.

they beat columbus like 2 months ago my dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad