GDT: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 9/21 4PM EDT | Preseason Game #5

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Didn't get to see the game originally but just saw the 2nd half as the replayed it and I'm not sure if it's just me but i have to say Johansen looks much more comfortable with the puck on his stick. Really do believe he can break out this year.
As for this new captain debate, I have to jump in with the Dubi supporters. Johnson definitely wouldn't be a bad choice but I think Dubinsky is more of a true leader. He's always going at full speed whether the team is up 5-0 or down 5-0 and is more vocal. No I'm not in the room but I've heard tons about Dubinsky and you can see it in interviews and even on the bench. He had a lot of support and there was a pretty big debate when it was time for the Rangers to name a captain and although he didn't get it, it says a lot

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I also think Dubinsky will emerge as the C. In my opinion, soon after the beginning of the regular season.

If I was making the decisions, I'd make sure Derek MacKenzie had an 'A', but I'm biased

In all honesty I'd give him an A too. He was my favorite player on Jackets before the Nash and Carter trades when we were in a pretty dark time. Perfect 4th liner that can bring energy, stick up for teammates and actually has some skill and in no way hurts the team while on the ice. Dude worked hard to get up to the NHL and you have to think his teammates take note of that

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'd give A's to Johnson and either MacKenzie or Letestu.

I know it's just a letter on a jersey but it's going to be a tough choice unless its alternating again. IF a captain is named this year you know it;s going to be Dubi or Johnson so the other will Obviously get an A. MacKenzie is a good choice, coaching staff loves Boll so he'll be in the talks, Letestu i guess could be included. But honestly the guy I don't think gets enough respect in the leadership department is Tyutin. He seems like such a quiet guy on the ice but I read nothing but good things about him in how he is with young guys and all that. I think he's just a calm veteran on a young team that is respected by his teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad