GDT: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 9/21 4PM EDT | Preseason Game #5

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not hating on the dude, but I believe Letestu brings more value to the squad. What I hate is the idea of burying Letestu on the fourth line so Foligno can play on the second or third (discussed earlier in this thread). Foligno is not a fourth line-type player. So if one believes he is not top nine, I don't see where he fits.

I actually think of Foligno and Letestu as similar players. I get what you're saying; Letestu has proven more and thus, deserves the time more than Foligno. I think it'll sort itself out once the season starts ... the thing about Letestu is that he's more of a skill guy than Foligno ... but they both have to work hard to get their chances. I feel that those two on a third line with some size alongside them (say, Jenner up the middle with Letestu on the right side?) would be quite effective.

thebus2288*

Both Foligno and Letestu are better than Umberger at this point. Salary not included.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I actually think of Foligno and Letestu as similar players. I get what you're saying; Letestu has proven more and thus, deserves the time more than Foligno. I think it'll sort itself out once the season starts ... the thing about Letestu is that he's more of a skill guy than Foligno ... but they both have to work hard to get their chances. I feel that those two on a third line with some size alongside them (say, Jenner up the middle with Letestu on the right side?) would be quite effective.

I'd rather have Jenner with some players who have more skill, so he can utilize his strengths better. I don't think those 3 would work too well together (at least when it comes to scoring goals).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There is no difference between the preseason and regular season to someone who has the qualities to be a captain, IMO.

"A chance for ________, Captain of Columbus, to show his quality."

5136135_std.jpg

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Jenner-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Letestu-Johansen-Foligno
Umberger-Mackenzie-Comeau
Boll

And then

Atkinson-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Jenner-Anisimov-Horton
Calvert-Johansen-Letestu
Umberger-Mackenzie-Foligno
Boll

That second line is quite large.

bizzz*

Last year the Umberger-Johansen-Foligno line faced the toughest competition on the team. I saw how people were praising Joey for shutting down Thornton, Sedin etc., but don't forget who were on his wings. Foligno has actually highest quality of competition number and finished 3rd in plus/minus, 3rd in points, 3rd in assists and 6th in goals among remaining on the team forwards. How is he not a top-9 forward?
I'd agree with Colorado announcers, who expressed their opinion on Foligno after that hilarious "SHOT! score..." call:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I prefer to think of it as "the only fourth-liners on this team are MacKenzie, Boll, and whichever of Comeau/Skille manages to stay on the roster."

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Last year the Umberger-Johansen-Foligno line faced the toughest competition on the team. I saw how people were praising Joey for shutting down Thornton, Sedin etc., but don't forget who were on his wings. Foligno has actually highest quality of competition number and finished 3rd in plus/minus, 3rd in points, 3rd in assists and 6th in goals among remaining on the team forwards. How is he not a top-9 forward?

Um, by sucking in a preseason game, that's how.

HF-Addict

Feb 26, 2004
Hey guys, havent read much news on Wiz lately, is he injured? i dont think he played in any of of the pre season games?

bizzz*

Um, by sucking in a preseason game, that's how.

Too bad (or good) that fans of the other teams don't watch CBJ preseason and remember Foligno only for his regular season games.
That's what Nick Foligno worth according to some Edmonton fans (they even call him "a quality LW"):

If MacT makes another move and puts the 2014 1st in play... I think it has to be a quality LW

Let's say something like...

TO CBJ- 2014 1st, Musil/Gernat, C. Hamilton
To EDM- N. Foligno

Now-

Foligno-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-Eberle-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Arcobello-Pitlick
Brown Lander

Nov. 1-

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Yakupov
Foligno-Gordon-Hemsky
Joensuu-Lander-Jones
Smyth Brown

Columbus can do it today they have lots of forwards...

Horton-Anisimov-Gaborik
Umberger-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Letestu
Comeau-MacKenzie-Calvert
Boll Skille

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I also think Dubinsky will emerge as the C. In my opinion, soon after the beginning of the regular season.

If I was making the decisions, I'd make sure Derek MacKenzie had an 'A', but I'm biased

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad