GDT: Columbus at New York Rangers | 11/6 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well. Given that we're a team that's normally decent on the PK and normally owns the 3rd period... that sucked.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Just going to leave this here, team is way to weak down the middle, and I’m pointing the finger at you Wenny the Poo. Just so soft, hope we trade him as a piece to get a legitimate center

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't care about all the we're 1st or 2nd in the conference bs or all the other stuff- this team has serious problems if you ask me. They can't pass, they shoot with people 1 ft in front of them, the pp is dead last in the league, Bob has been torched a couple of times, Wennberg is a lost soul, Panarin is like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole and we are now taking stupid penalties. Torts has no faith in the 4th line. They just don't look good to me.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Another game that Wennberg no showed.

This feels exactly like the last time the Jackets made the playoffs when they didn’t improve the roster and just hoped young guys could provide that missing spark.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I knew it. Ya know, even when my glass is half empty I still like drinking what's in there. You should be able to relate to that as a poor college student.

Better be a strong drink if it's half empty.

Reactions: Monk

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I only got to see bits and pieces of tonight's 3rd period. Every time I tuned in, we had only 4 men on the ice - that hardly seems like a good strategy. :sarcasm:

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
When you enter a season depending on 5 forwards (Dalpe, Beer, Milano, Motte, PLD) who have no success in the NHL and are 2nd or 3rd line AHLers it’s not going to be a very successful season in the long run

Reactions: hardkorejackets

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well. Given that we're a team that's normally decent on the PK and normally owns the 3rd period... that sucked.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
I suspect without Matty this will be more of a challenge over the coming weeks.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Whoever is selling Panarin stock Im buying, make that double for Columbus. Hard sell on Wennberg though, he looks like a worse skating Jeff Carter out there Philadelphia era, doesnt do anything and barely looks like he's trying.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=117198

You're right. A total bum. Place him on waivers immediately.
His past has absolutely no effect on the current season.

He takes like 4x the shot attempts of any guy on the team, having only 2 goals is pathetic. The PP is worse because of him, he just sits in one area and takes poorly angled shots that are easy saves (if he isn’t skying it 5 feet over the net) or he makes ill advised passes that are easily cleared.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Tomorrow feels ... oh so ... ummmmm critical?

For the teams mental state.

Or maybe just my sanity? Either way I’ll be there ready to give Johansen an ear full. ;)

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wennberg is even worse. Guy tried a drop pass when he was skating in alone on the goalie in a perfect scoring area.

A trade needed to happen weeks ago. Jarmo had all the ammo and assets to make something happen and now he’s blown it. Teams will know he’s desperate and it will take massive overpayments to get anything.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad