GDT: Colorado Avalanche (4-2-0 8 Pts) at Nashville Predators (2-2-1 5 Pts) 10/17/17 @ 7:00 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Good game all the way around for the Preds. You know the team has had a good night when the GDT is less than 2 pages.......:)
I think that it's because I didn't watch the game ;)
Looks like they had a complete game for once. But, they played against Avalanche.
Philly should be an even matchup. They have something to say about the last game.

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
that was some frantic, fast, entertaining end to end hockey. a little chaotic, system less at times but all the more impressive because despite the up and down, back and forth action we still somehow managed to only give up 21 shots even while taking 7 penalties. the ever few minute special team play after the first really chopped up the play. a few quick bullet points;

..our PP only went 1 for 5, but it was much better than that all night. quick passing, dangerous chances. 14 PP shots in 7 1/2 minutes, speaks for that.
..compare that to COL's 7 PP shots in same amount of time.

..lot of good individual games, the way you like to see it spread around.
..josi with 7 shots on net. his presence changes our team, especially offensively.
..rinne was downright spectacular. counted no less than 5 really good saves and those were all critical when the game was undecided.
..add in the josi save with the score 2-1.

..we killed them in the dot all night. Johansen 14-4, Sissons 10-3.
..sissons looked like he belonged last night. we need him to be a threat.
..arvidsson was everywhere all night. no idea how he didn't score multiple times.
..Forsberg with a goalless, but good game. two really great assists.
..emelin only played 17 minutes but obviously his best game.

..smith looked much better with sissons than jarnkrok. imagine that.
..glad to see Watson score.
..if every good save on both sides had been a goal this might have been a 10-7 type game
..ekholm, subban both played well without making the scoresheet.
..what a strange call on the sissons goal. but while he was pushed, without a doubt sissons was barreling hard to net.

..thought Irwin/bitetto were a little bit of a tire fire early, they settled down. onlt playing them 13 minutes helped.
..probably the only guys who didn't play exceptionally well for us were fiala, Aberg, jarnkrok. they're pressing and trying to do too much.

well that was fun to watch. we needed that.

Reactions: JustaFinnishGuy

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Was funny to read the Avs game day thread and hear how "Sissons totally deserved that penalty for purposely running Varlamov." Proof that they do indeed smoke something in Colorado.

Rinne made a lot of great saves, but man Varlomov was at least equally good. That game could have easily been 8-1.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Anyone have audio problems? Every 2 - 3 minutes the sound would drop out. Has happened multiple games.
No. Had that issue last year with Comcast though. Took Fox a couple of months to fix it. They wouldn't even acknowledge it for about a month.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone have audio problems? Every 2 - 3 minutes the sound would drop out. Has happened multiple games.
I had that happen last year but only on HD. Finally tried switching over to SD feed and it was fine.

They mentioned the problem on the broadcast last year so they knew about it--apparently it wasn't fixed over the off season. I haven't watched from home yet but CHI other night was jumpy when I watched at Double Dogs. Couldn't hear the audio at all so not sure about that.

Very very frustrating.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I haven't noticed it but a lot of times I'm moving around doing something.

I'd twitter to Willy Daunic about it during a game while it's going on and ask him to pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad