College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Considering the Bruins center depth, it has to be Boston

Nothing is wrong with the Bruins depth at Center, they lack a #1 guy, but they have plenty of depth. Look at a guy like Merkulov who can't get a look. Nelson is certainly not a threat for the future #1 guy. He is more of a challenge for Beecher on the 4th line, Maybe they play together there. He is an odd player as he seems like a 4th liner/PK/PP guy

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Nothing is wrong with the Bruins depth at Center, they lack a #1 guy, but they have plenty of depth. Look at a guy like Merkulov who can't get a look. Nelson is certainly not a threat for the future #1 guy. He is more of a challenge for Beecher on the 4th line, Maybe they play together there. He is an odd player as he seems like a 4th liner/PK/PP guy
Wow, Nothing wrong with their center depth? They are loaded with third and fourth line guys. Only one reliable at the dot

I doubt Merkulov is ever playing center in Boston, its not the reason he isn't in Boston

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Whose to say they weren't? If Quillan wants to stay as a center and is trying to be in the NHL next year, which group to do you think he has better chance of cracking next year?

Matthews
Tavares
Kampf
Holmberg
Jarnkrok

or......

Zacha
Coyle
Geekie
Beecher
Poitras
Bruins will add a centre in off season watch and see.Adding Nelson at least adds more depth.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wow, Nothing wrong with their center depth? They are loaded with third and fourth line guys. Only one reliable at the dot

I doubt Merkulov is ever playing center in Boston, its not the reason he isn't in Boston

Yes they are loaded with depth. They lack a legit #1, and I said that, but they has a ton of depth. No one coming in from college as a UDFA is going to be that #1. Nelson and Qullan (had he signed) would very much be competing in the depth bucket, not the high end bucket.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yes they are loaded with depth. They lack a legit #1, and I said that, but they has a ton of depth. No one coming in from college as a UDFA is going to be that #1. Nelson and Qullan (had he signed) would very much be competing in the depth bucket, not the high end bucket.
Didn't say he or anyone else would for the number one spot or even the second spot.

But to say we have depth at that position is funny. We have depth in goaltending

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hopefully he ends up making an impact in Boston, but he's a fifth year senior so my expectations aren't too high. Also hoping they land Graf and Nelson isn't a consolation prize.

Yes, I like Nelson and he is interesting. His end of career scoring outburst does peak the interest., but I do think it is right to look at him as someone who might challenge for a 4th line role someday. He has a unique profile. As he seems more of a grinding line C (won't be surprised if he ends up at RW), and can penalty kill. But he also has a bit a a Brazeau like net from presence on the PK potential (something like 50% of career goals are PP)

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

I can believe it if someone says that we're not one of the finalist right now, but to say we haven't been in on him all year? I generally trust Divver, but that just makes no sense. He's the biggest name available this year and he's a local kid.

Reactions: TCB

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'd trust Divver a hell of a lot more than Ty Anderson, and I like Ty.

Murphy is a clown, who I don't think has broken a story in a decade+

I could see them being out, but to say they were never in seems flat out false.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I can believe it if someone says that we're not one of the finalist right now, but to say we haven't been in on him all year? I generally trust Divver, but that just makes no sense. He's the biggest name available this year and he's a local kid.
Being a local kid is a big thing for fans.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Nothing like sports media members bitching at each other in a source off

With that said I follow the college game more than I do NHL and I trust Mark Divver with NCAA hockey related news.
I trust Divver, but I also trust Ty Anderson. Feel like he's pretty good about not putting anything out there unless he's had it confirmed from multiple sources. It's feels weird that one of them is saying we've never been in on Graf, and the other is saying we're going hard after him.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Hopefully he ends up making an impact in Boston, but he's a fifth year senior so my expectations aren't too high. Also hoping they land Graf and Nelson isn't a consolation prize.
Yea you need guys at Providence too so no big deal.The real prize should come in July.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Both Zacha ( 54.8 ) and Beecher ( 54.7) have been good at the dot.

I'd consider Zacha a top 6 center. Maybe he doesn't produce enough points to be a true 1st line center but he's not that far off. Poitras has the talent to be another top 6 center. Geekie and Frederic are good in their roles on the third. Beecher seems to have the inside track as the future 4th liner.

The only thing they're missing is a bonafide #1 center but their depth down the middle is solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad