College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yes they are loaded with depth. They lack a legit #1, and I said that, but they has a ton of depth. No one coming in from college as a UDFA is going to be that #1. Nelson and Qullan (had he signed) would very much be competing in the depth bucket, not the high end bucket.
you are correct and those legit #1`s are typically found two ways, finishing in a lottery slot and that player is drafted or via Free Agency

The team has some cash to spend this summer. I`d suspect the majority of teams have 0 succession plans to replace not just their #1 C but their #2 at the same time.

I`d love to find a legit #1 then shift Zacha and Coyle down, now that`s real depth up the middle, Beech on the 4th

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Both Zacha ( 54.8 ) and Beecher ( 54.7) have been good at the dot.

I'd consider Zacha a top 6 center. Maybe he doesn't produce enough points to be a true 1st line center but he's not that far off. Poitras has the talent to be another top 6 center. Geekie and Frederic are good in their roles on the third. Beecher seems to have the inside track as the future 4th liner.

The only thing they're missing is a bonafide #1 center but their depth down the middle is solid.
Just curious, do you have the d zone % ?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Wow this is exciting...Curious to hear Dom's take.
I'm in the process of writing it now, but here's a primer for you: He was on my target list last year, had he decided to turn pro then.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
23 ranked ? I'm just going by this ranking, but shouldn't the B's be able to do better than that ?
Perennial Cup contendor, Orig 6, Great Tradition, Recent players (Since Chara) have loved playing in Boston. They should be able to land top 10. Count me dissapointed.

Well they already signed Bavaro, who was ranked 5th on that list...so they did land a top 10!

Turn that frown upside down

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
23 ranked ? I'm just going by this ranking, but shouldn't the B's be able to do better than that ?
Perennial Cup contendor, Orig 6, Great Tradition, Recent players (Since Chara) have loved playing in Boston. They should be able to land top 10. Count me dissapointed.
Don't be like the people at my work who complain about the free lunches! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hi Dom - Do you know of any CHL targets that you like better than available NCAA free agents? Scouted by BOS?

Still holding out hope for Tsyplakov. But I wonder about available contracts...and if Nelson was their prime F target behind Quillan.
Ty Halaburda. I know they are keeping an eye on him. But he is draft eligible for the last time this year.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
In Redline
Bischel was #3
Nelson #10
Now go have a bowl of Ice Cream 🍨

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad