NCAA: College Football 2023 Off-season News and Notes: the Next Great Realignment

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And yet college football has far more national TV broadcasts than the NFL. It's going to remain that way through at least 2033, perhaps if the NFL's way of doing TV is struck down by a lawsuit by then we may say a glut of nationally televised NFL games in the future.

Giving Fox the first pick all the time was a mistake.
Well, they paid for it.

Reactions: DaveG

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
And yet college football has far more national TV broadcasts than the NFL. It's going to remain that way through at least 2033, perhaps if the NFL's way of doing TV is struck down by a lawsuit by then we may say a glut of nationally televised NFL games in the future.

Giving Fox the first pick all the time was a mistake.

Just because the NCAA has more national broadcasts doesn’t mean it’s going to equate to higher ratings. Especially games that start at night.

FOX is paying more than CBS and NBC so they get first pick. Not that hard to figure out. Even when ESPN/ABC had it was either at 12pm or 1pm outside of the 2006 season which is an outlier. Even if the game moved to CBS/NBC the game would stay at noon.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Just because the NCAA has more national broadcasts doesn’t mean it’s going to equate to higher ratings. Especially games that start at night.

FOX is paying more than CBS and NBC so they get first pick. Not that hard to figure out. Even when ESPN/ABC had it was either at 12pm or 1pm outside of the 2006 season which is an outlier. Even if the game moved to CBS/NBC the game would stay at noon.
Night games are more magical than day games though. And besides, I'm sure if CBS or NBC wanted the first pick in a given week they could make some sort of trade with Fox.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Night games are more magical than day games though. And besides, I'm sure if CBS or NBC wanted the first pick in a given week they could make some sort of trade with Fox.
They actually do get it some weeks. But they’re not on that one.

Sep 19, 2008
The NCAA is threatening Harbaugh because a deal for him to serve 4 meaningless games over buying recruits cheeseburgers fell apart.

Now they are saying it was "more" than that, that there are serious Level 1 violations. This is the same NCAA that let Kansas ****ing walk despite proven ties to Adidas. Kansas, Arizona, oh it's perfectly fine. UNC, manipulate all the athlete grades you want with fake classes. But don't you dare buy a player a cheeseburger during covid or else.

The hypocrisy is what's wrong with college athletics. The NCAA picks and chooses their targets. There is no fair "justice".

You know what, if the NCAA wants to continue to hound Harbaugh like this, screw it. Leave for the NFL. I don't care anymore. They want to put out a "smear campaign" of fake news and dishonest facts. Harbaugh is a very good, strong coach and if the NCAA wants to chase him out and apply some pointless "Show Cause" to him, go ahead. **** the NCAA.

And I think the NCAA is better than the NFL by far, but the way they act so offended when someone tells them to pound sand is hilarious. This is the same organization that nearly put USC on death penalty because they were unwilling to cooperate with the investigation into Reggie Bush. USC's football program was on life support for many years because of that self righteous bull**** over something that is NOW ALLOWED IN THE GAME. And yet the NCAA still hasn't apologized for it.

Corrupt ass org.

Sep 19, 2008
Oh by the way the NCAA has had an axe to grind with Harbaugh for years, if memory serves me correct they were upset over practices last year too. f*** the NCAA. Everything is a violation to them.

I don't know why OSU fan is talking shit, this is the same thing that happened to your boy Tressel.

f*** the NCAA for investigating every-thang and not to mention that double standard. Kansas committed multiple serious Level 1 violations yet faced almost no penalty. The worst that happened to Arizona was that Sean Miller was kicked out and that wasn't even due to the violations, it was because his record sucked his last year. They brought in Tommy from Gonzaga and didn't skip a beat. Faced NO justice.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Texas lost their opener last year and got into the top 20, so
lost there second game actually! But this year should say a lot about Sark.

The only weakness really is the edge.

They should win the big 12, this isn't your usual over hyped Texas team. Returns 10 of 11 on defence. Got 3 projected first rounders and draft picks everywhere else. Something they haven't had in a decade

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
lost there second game actually! But this year should say a lot about Sark.

The only weakness really is the edge.

They should win the big 12, this isn't your usual over hyped Texas team. Returns 10 of 11 on defence. Got 3 projected first rounders and draft picks everywhere else. Something they haven't had in a decade
Agreed. Sark and Texas need to win the Big12. Returning the QB and most of a talented D. Losing Bijan will hurt, but more on Ewers as the returning starter anyways. Last season in the Big12. Want to head into SEC country on a high note.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Agreed. Sark and Texas need to win the Big12. Returning the QB and most of a talented D. Losing Bijan will hurt, but more on Ewers as the returning starter anyways. Last season in the Big12. Want to head into SEC country on a high note.

Yeah to follow up on this, a Texas show had a Matt Miller ESPN draft analyst, or I believe he went out on his own. He says he has 10 players on Texas with draft grades. So this is probably the most talented team since 2009 if not more.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Personally I’d love a prime time OSU-Michigan game especially if it’s 1v2 or 2v3. Set aside personal feelings about getting home at 2 am… like I care… Having a game of that magnitude under the lights in Ann Arbor or the shoe would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad