Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They did ask him about Colin White specifically... DJ dodged the question.. good problem to have .. in and out blah bla.. Discussed here
Mornings Hour 2

They continue their discussion with some interesting comments.
I really enjoyed Simmer and JR's discussion about White and Wolanin this morning. For a change, they didn't seem to tow the company line and were quite critical of management/coaching. It was refreshing to hear.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I really enjoyed Simmer and JR's discussion about White and Wolanin this morning. For a change, they didn't seem to tow the company line and were quite critical of management/coaching. It was refreshing to hear.

Totally agree ! White should automatically play because he has a $28 million dollar contract - they must be stupid! Idiots !

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Giving up on a young player in Y2 of a contract (overpaid or not) is DUMB. Playing fringe players that may be marginally better in your assessment on the downside of their careers and risking key development time to at least groom the player to be an effective bottom 6er is DUMB

small picture vs big picture

Reactions: OD99

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Is White confirmed scratched Friday?

No ... for all we know he sits Friday or Saturday or not at all.

There is nothing wrong with making him earn something. So many posters want to spoon feed him while supporting Brown or Brann having to figure it out. This is how you create Bratty children or underdeveloped hockey players.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I thought you wuestion is which center currently not in the lineup has outperformed paquette

It was in general about anyone. I can’t really tell if Chaplik outperformed Pacquette ? Based on those goals he outperformed most of the team but who knows what the rest of his game looked
Like ?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
We can’t afford to have both Brown and White underperform.

If the plan with Paquette was to light a fire under the kids asses maybe it worked too well and they feel they got burned.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Who was the idiot that gave him the contract? Was he supposed to say no when it was offered to him?

This is about doing whats best for the player - The Sens missed out on an entire year of White's development by lawnmowing his path and babying him into the lineup. Its time he went to the school of Norris/Brown/Bath and EARNED some playing time forcing him to change his game. White gloves and lollipops did nothing for him last year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It was in general about anyone. I can’t really tell if Chaplik outperformed Pacquette ? Based on those goals he outperformed most of the team but who knows what the rest of his game looked
Like ?
Well then you can say the same about not knowing if paquette has outperformed anyone that isn’t on the team?
So there’s no right answer to your question.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I want to see both L.Brown and White in real game situations. Give the kids a chance and if they can't cut it then make a move to keep them out of the lineup or trade em.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well then you can say the same about not knowing if paquette has outperformed anyone that isn’t on the team?
So there’s no right answer to your question.

Oh I agree... But I think Pacquette's spot in the lineup was never in questions (right or wrong).

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
So... Maybe as a member of the media he could ask about White in the zoom interviews with the GM and coach? Idk, seems like hes complaining about himself not doing his job, or is that just me?

If he had, he'd be patting himself on the back for asking a good question.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Me neither. I don’t think his or browns or coburns were. Which is the problem so many had before camp started.

Connor Brown ? In fairness no body was going to outplay him - he’s a work horse and DJ loves him. He and White are polar opposites. White would do well to model his game after Brown.

The elephant in the room here is there isn't a spot for White on this team without a change to his game. He won't outplay Dadonov, Batherson, or Brown (or Watson) at RW and he won't outplay Norris, Stepan, or Tierney at C. To become relevant to this team he has to become a viable 3C matchup style center option who can play up as a 2C when needed.

So how do you turn a non physical weak player into a strong physical player. 1st step is the player gets strong. It sounds like he did that. 2nd step is you define his role into a defensive first checking player who has to earn his ice time. You teach him how to grind, battle etc. That is what they are doing now and it is the right thing to do. He doesn't have a lot of time, Pinto is coming.

This was blatantly apparent last year (and the year before) but everyone wanted to gloss over his weaknesses and celebrate 14G a contract extension.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Connor Brown ? In fairness no body was going to outplay him - he’s a work horse and DJ loves him. He and White are polar opposites. White would do well to model his game after Brown.

The elephant in the room here is there isn't a spot for White on this team without a change to his game. He won't outplay Dadonov, Batherson, or Brown (or Watson) at RW and he won't outplay Norris, Stepan, or Tierney at C. To become relevant to this team he has to become a viable 3C matchup style center option who can play up as a 2C when needed.

So how do you turn a non physical weak player into a strong physical player. 1st step is the player gets strong. It sounds like he did that. 2nd step is you define his role into a defensive first checking player who has to earn his ice time. You teach him how to grind, battle etc. That is what they are doing now and it is the right thing to do. He doesn't have a lot of time, Pinto is coming.

This was blatantly apparent last year (and the year before) but everyone wanted to gloss over his weaknesses and celebrate 14G a contract extension.
I thought we were talking about paquette lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad