Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2010

May 23, 2011
I feel like Colin White has got to figure it out because throughout his career at every level he showed great hockey sense. He's like Turris - thin bodied and injury prone and I think that has been his major hold back. I still think the deal he's on was a great gamble to take.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
[MOD]

No worries ... there is always 1 or 2 guys on these threads who know what is really going on maybe even coach on here .. i thought maybe he was still injured but I will email Mark and find out ... thanks again

Mark Stone? Mark Borowiecki? Sorry they're gone

Mark Kastelic? Not in camp

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
For me it’s Brannstrom

Brannstrom will be huge, probably my second, but I think Wolanin will compete, we have not bad depth and Chabot on LD.

For C we have so many questions marks. We had to pay a 2nd for Stepan to have some sort of stability. A breakout out as a legitimate top 2 C will be enormous because we don't even have one and can give us many options moving forward. Not to mention he's already signed to a big contract :/

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So... Maybe as a member of the media he could ask about White in the zoom interviews with the GM and coach? Idk, seems like hes complaining about himself not doing his job, or is that just me?

White was gifted every chance for ice time last year. He hasn’t even missed a game yet. It is good for his development to be forced to raise his game if he wants to get in the lineup.

This is thee same standard we hold to Brown, Norris , Brann etc.

He shouldn’t get ice time because he makes $28 million. That’s a terrible position for JR and the root of Whites development issues.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
White was gifted every chance for ice time last year. He hasn’t even missed a game yet. It is good for his development to be forced to raise his game if he wants to get in the lineup.

This is thee same standard we hold to Brown, Norris , Brann etc.

He shouldn’t get ice time because he makes $28 million.
Doesn't have anything to do with my post so not sure why you replied to me...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't have anything to do with my post so not sure why you replied to me...

I didn’t mean to imply you you thought differently (or the same) and was just continuing that thread of JR.

As a side note, I am 100% in favour of White finally getting this developmental “tough love” and will be supportive about his improvements (if they come) if they hold him accountable without blocking Norris/Brown.

This is a mishandled asset and it appears the Sens may finally try to recover it.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Is anyone really sure he's being scratched? I mean, if DJ was really impressed with him (like he said he was), then he could just as easily shift him off of a line he is comfortable having him in, and he wanted to see something else in the last scrimmage? I mean if I had to guess, I'd say he is the odd man out opening night, but the reality is I am just guessing based on those tweeted lines like everyone else. Is it possible we've been duped by those published lines here? I haven't heard anything from DJ on this other than when he was asked about that line in particular, he said they were playing 5 lines today and that was one of them.

In terms of White, I do think he needs to be a complimentary piece with better players to be more effective. This is what he did in junior on the US program and with international teams (as a winger typically), at BC and since his arrival in the pros (either playing with Stone or Tkachuk). I just don't think he's going to be a center piece of a 3rd line at this point in terms of driving the line, like a Pageau did. But we do need to find out if we play him in the top 6 with some more talented wingers, whether he can help make that line gel. Right now at the NHL level, the jury is still out, but that is the only situation he has looked effective to date.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of the players who watch Friday night, play Saturday as we rotate guys in and out early in the season. White may be one of those players too.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Is anyone really sure he's being scratched? I mean, if DJ was really impressed with him (like he said he was), then he could just as easily shift him off of a line he is comfortable having him in, and he wanted to see something else in the last scrimmage? I mean if I had to guess, I'd say he is the odd man out opening night, but the reality is I am just guessing based on those tweeted lines like everyone else. Is it possible we've been duped by those published lines here? I haven't heard anything from DJ on this.

In terms of White, I do think he needs to be a complimentary piece with better players to be more effective. This is what he did in junior on the US program and with international teams (as a winger typically), at BC and since his arrival in the pros (either playing with Stone or Tkachuk). I just don't think he's going to be a center piece of a 3rd line at this point in terms of driving the line, like a Pageau did. But we do need to find out if we play him in the top 6 with some more talented wingers, whether he can help make that line gel. Right now at the NHL level, the jury is still out, but that is the only situation he has looked effective to date.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of the players who watch Friday night, play Saturday as we rotate guys in and out early in the season. White may be one of those players too.

No, sadly I could see him starting Friday. But I agree and think who ever doesn’t play Friday will play Saturday.

I don’t see him out playing Dadonov or Batherson in the top 6 on the right side any time soon... or Brown or Watson in the bottom 6.

Maybe he can play some 2C filling gaps of Logan, Timmy, Stepan, Tierney over the next 2 years if we don’t acquire a 1C bumping Norris down.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is anyone really sure he's being scratched? I mean, if DJ was really impressed with him (like he said he was), then he could just as easily shift him off of a line he is comfortable having him in, and he wanted to see something else in the last scrimmage? I mean if I had to guess, I'd say he is the odd man out opening night, but the reality is I am just guessing based on those tweeted lines like everyone else. Is it possible we've been duped by those published lines here? I haven't heard anything from DJ on this other than when he was asked about that line in particular, he said they were playing 5 lines today and that was one of them.

No one is sure. White is never going to bounce back from the 13th forward spot sitting in the pb, nor will he getting shit minutes on the 4th line ...I think the shattered his confidence last year and they seem to be starting down that very path again this year

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
No one is sure. White is never going to bounce back from the 13th forward spot sitting in the pb, nor will he getting shit minutes on the 4th line ...I think the shattered his confidence last year and they seem to be starting down that very path again this year

Right .... let’s just hand him 1C off his fragile, weak play. That’s Lawnmowing at its finest and the best way to ruin the player.

It’s time for him play his way into the lineup like everyone else. Remove all the excuses about injury BS, coddling, contract pressure, and acknowledge the developmental issues. I hope he accepts the challenge and earns his role and $$$.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The part that makes me wonder what is going on is that none of the centers seem to have been tried on the wing yet in camp. DJ said if guys earn a spot they will make room by moving a center to the wing but i haven't seen any indication of any of Brown, Norris, Tierney Stepan, Anisimov or White being tried on the wing.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The part that makes me wonder what is going on is that none of the centers seem to have been tried on the wing yet in camp. DJ said if guys earn a spot they will make room by moving a center to the wing but i haven't seen any indication of any of Brown, Norris, Tierney Stepan, Anisimov or White being tried on the wing.

What center that isn’t in the lineup do you think has out preformed what winger ? Pacquette was already played LW.

Reactions: GCK

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So... Maybe as a member of the media he could ask about White in the zoom interviews with the GM and coach? Idk, seems like hes complaining about himself not doing his job, or is that just me?
They did ask him about Colin White specifically... DJ dodged the question.. good problem to have .. in and out blah bla.. Discussed here
Mornings Hour 2

They continue their discussion with some interesting comments.

Reactions: Micklebot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad