Colin Greening

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
that or they will try to let Greening rebound to trade and play him all the time... hopefully Cameron get's it though.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If he can make the team, great. That will mean he rebounded. If he doesn't great. At this point, I'm fine with either, because if we learned anything with Cameron last season, he won't be there if he doesn't earn it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If he can make the team, great. That will mean he rebounded. If he doesn't great. At this point, I'm fine with either, because if we learned anything with Cameron last season, he won't be there if he doesn't earn it.

Not necessarily.

A lot of the guys who were out last year (Phillips, Neil) were due to injuries. When Neil was healthy, the team was already on their magical run.

We really don't know yet if Cameron will coach by contract or by talent.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not necessarily.

A lot of the geuys who were out last year (Phillips, Neil) were due to injuries. When Neil was healthy, the team was alrady on their magical run.

Greening was healthy was he not?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Phillips was healthy scratched quite a bit

I think you are right near the time that the coaching change happened, but as far as reports were concerned, he was out with back issues after he played the record-breaking game.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Not necessarily.

A lot of the guys who were out last year (Phillips, Neil) were due to injuries. When Neil was healthy, the team was already on their magical run.

I actually think we do know this.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think you are right near the time that the coaching change happened, but as far as reports were concerned, he was out with back issues after he played the record-breaking game.

I think Cameron swinged him with a sledgehammer in the back to make sure he wasn't coming back for the rest of the season. :laugh:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Doesn't look too bad, guessing Greening will be ok to go for the start of the season.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
camera angle showed the hit didn't look too bad, but he was clearly dazed all the way from being hit to exiting the ice

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Got to get more serious about these kinds of hits.
Whatever you say about principle point of contact and intent or whatever, the concussion happened for a reason. I would say it had a lot to do with the way akeson charged at him and lunged upwards at his head area.
These things can end careers. Even if he had his head down, no need to touch his head. Imo the hitter needs to go out of his way to AVOID the head. And if he doesn't he should get suspended.
Akeson clearly did not do his best to avoid contact with greening's head.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
If Greening had any shot of making the senators and starting the season with some momentum, it probably just died in its tracks with that hit.

He's done with the Sens, and in all likelihood the NHL. Sorry to hear cause he really does seem like a good dude.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Those types of "upward motion" hits need to be banned. They may look good on camera, but they aren't a real part of hockey. They are designed to hurt/injure, not to separate player from puck.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Greening skated right into Akeson, jesus.

I mean, the hit was bad because Akeson lifted up into Greening's head & neck, and brought his elbow right up to the head, so that part was bad... but come on Colin. He had his head down skating through the neutral zone and didn't even see him! Of course you are going to get knocked into next week.

If Akeson doesn't get his arm up, it's a beauty hit. Greening was totally oblivious.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
he needs to keep his head up. He can't be taking several strides through the neutral zone with his head down fixated on the puck reaching for it. You're asking to get clocked.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Feel bad for the guy. His slim chance of making the squad is pretty much done. He might still be called up later if injuries hit. I'm no Greening fan, but you gotta feel for the guy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't exactly feel bad for Greening. He is still making millions and he is apparently really smart. Most likely could easily find another high paying job besides hockey.

Yes, it does suck that he wouldn't be able to play his favorite sport. But he has something that a lot of players don't have, which is a college education. He has a fall back plan in case something happens where as other players would be more **** out of luck if they didn't make it in hockey.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad