Prospect Info: Colby Barlow LW(18th overall)

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Congrats Winnipeg fans on getting an absolute gem. Totally biased take here from an Owen Sound fan, but Barlow is maybe the best 17 year old we've ever seen in Owen Sound, and I think he's only a year away from breaking into an NHL roster.

A guy that could be a regular 30 goal scorer and future captain if all goes right. At the very worst, a guy that is going to play and contribute in the NHL in some capacity for a long time.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Barely awake and thought we were going Moore / Willander for sures but here's some scouting on Barlow. Shot and awareness get attention, also some chatter about skating stride:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
wonder if wheeler is watching this unfold especially all the comments regarding about the jets prospects/picks about being a potential leader of the jets!!!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Chevy is building the 09-10 Flyers that lost to his Blackhawks in the final.

Ville "Kimmo Timonen" Heinola
Cole "Jeff Carter" Perfetti
Rutger "Mike Richards" McGroarty
Colby "Scott Hartnell" Barlow

And guest starring Mark Scheifele as Danny Briere, Kyle Connor as Simon Gagne, Josh Morrissey as Chris Pronger and Gabe Vilardi as Claude Giroux

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
2 high character guys with our 1st picks the last 2 years, leaders. I like the pick and dude sounds excited to be a Jet, nobody gonna sound as excited as rutger was, dude just Mr personality but Colby Barlow seemed excited in his video there.

Think you need dudes like Rutger and Colby in your room. And it helps when they have goal scoring ability too

I thought they would have taken Moore but wonder if this is BPA or BPA who has more intangibles that the Jets lack and Canadian vs American born

Barlow is Canadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad