Confirmed Trade: [COL/SJS] Devan Dubnyk for Greg Pateryn and 2021 5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not anything really. He plays maybe 25% of reg season games that you sweep anyways and doesnt touch the ice in the playoffs unless your going to lose anyways

It would be the equivalent of you guys acquiring a player from Vegas that you hate (Not sure who that would be). Even if their impact on the team is minimal, it’s having to cheer for said player now.

Reactions: El Travo

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
It would be the equivalent of you guys acquiring a player from Vegas that you hate (Not sure who that would be). Even if their impact on the team is minimal, it’s having to cheer for said player now.
I wouldnt care much unless its a ****head like Reaves

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I get that Dubnyk did not have a lot of value, but if that is all you could get, you might as well have just kept him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I get that Dubnyk did not have a lot of value, but if that is all you could get, you might as well have just kept him.

They're getting something for an expiring contract. Why wouldn’t you even if it’s only recouping what they lost?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wouldnt care much unless its a ****head like Reaves

It would be the equivalent of the Sharks acquiring Reaves. Even if he only played 30% of the games and would help win those games, it’s still hard to cheer for said player.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Dubnyk's contract is up after this season, Avs aren't gonna resign him or anything. If Francouz is healthy and can stay healthy next year, it's all good and well, he has one more year left on his contract, if not then Sakic will probably get another back up, someone younger and better than Dubnyk for sure

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Hating it less today. Athletic Q&A warmed me up a bit more to Dubnyk. Think he'll do fine for spotting Grubs some rest time.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Dubnyk's contract is up after this season, Avs aren't gonna resign him or anything. If Francouz is healthy and can stay healthy next year, it's all good and well, he has one more year left on his contract, if not then Sakic will probably get another back up, someone younger and better than Dubnyk for sure

I think Sakic should be looking for another goalie, regardless. Francouz is good when he's healthy, but I'd want to hedge my bets after he's been out for a full season. Definitely don't want to be in the situation where we're relying heavily on our 3rd/4th/5th string goalies again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think Sakic should be looking for another goalie, regardless. Francouz is good when he's healthy, but I'd want to hedge my bets after he's been out for a full season. Definitely don't want to be in the situation where we're relying heavily on our 3rd/4th/5th string goalies again.
I think Johansson as your third goalie is fine as long as Francouz and Grubauer aren’t out long term.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
They're getting something for an expiring contract. Why wouldn’t you even if it’s only recouping what they lost?
Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my point. I meant for that deal specifically. If you had to bring in money for a 5th, why not decline it or at least wait until the very end to see if anyone could offer a 5th or better without taking on money or at least as much.

If this deal happened late on deadline day I would understand because they clearly wanted to at least get something. Right now they have a little time to try to get a slightly better deal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my point. I meant for that deal specifically. If you had to bring in money for a 5th, why not decline it or at least wait until the very end to see if anyone could offer a 5th or better without taking on money or at least as much.

If this deal happened late on deadline day I would understand because they clearly wanted to at least get something. Right now they have a little time to try to get a slightly better deal.

Considering they had no plans to play him yesterday, there wasn’t going to be some showing to up his value and goalies aren’t getting much right now. The only thing that could’ve changed is teams finding other solutions. They gave Dubnyk a chance to win after doing them a solid this season. The Sharks basically got Donato for free because of Dubnyk.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I think Johansson as your third goalie is fine as long as Francouz and Grubauer aren’t out long term.

If Francouz wasn't currently in the middle of missing what will likely be an entire 56 game season, with a hopefully long playoff run, due to injuries, after playing injured in last season's playoffs, I wouldn't be suggesting we look for a new goalie. But, we can't rely on Francouz being healthy, and I think we need a more reliable backup than Johansson. Obviously, the first priority is to get Grubauer extended for a few more years, but there are some interesting options on the UFA market for a backup, or even a 1B. But, that's a decision for the off-season, when we know whether Francouz can get healthy for next season.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Sakic is a horrible GM. He had a chance to make a cup contender. Instead he avoids hot FA's like Panarin or trading picks and prospects for Hall's to sign guys like Donskoi and Toews or trade for Kadri's. He didn't even use his available cap space despite being a good team. Wasted cap sitting there not helping the team. And what's up with the contract terms? All their core players are up for renewal on different years. That staggered structure just messes up chemistry and has the whole team disjointed. Seriously, now he traded for DUBNYK? WHAT? Horrible. Worst trade of the last 5 years, ainec.

EDIT:
#HeadProjectionTechniqueIsOverhypedPriceIsBadDubynkIsBad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: