Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Alexandar Georgiev for 2022 3rd and 5th round picks, and 2023 3rd round pick

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Yep he's had a tough little stretch here. Got tired of dragging around the corpse of the Colorado Avalanche. It'll be interesting to see how he fares with even a relatively healthy lineup, if that ever happens.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yep he's had a tough little stretch here. Got tired of dragging around the corpse of the Colorado Avalanche. It'll be interesting to see how he fares with even a relatively healthy lineup, if that ever happens.
You mean he’s not caplable of carrying around an average team when dealing with injuries? That’s unfortunate.

Reactions: 67 others

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Went to Denver for the game last night, he was shit, but still better than Keumper in the playoffs; Overall, he has been very solid. Avs are tired and shorthanded and have been all year. I'm fine with us limping along until we get healthy and seeing where we are. Adding someone like Horvat, and being healthy would in my mind make us favorites more so than last year because of better goalkeeping this year. Looking back at last year and the season before when the Avs won the Presidents' Trophy goaltending was a huge issue that was only overshadowed by us being better and deeper everywhere else (Kadri really screwed us in 2021 with his suspension). I am happy with him.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't think many Ranger fans accused him of being a bad netminder. He was a good goalie.

He wasn't a good teammate. That was the issue. Watch some of the videos of his reactions after games. Especially games they won. He wouldn't even congratulate anyone. Key core members of the team he would just skate by and do his own thing. Some really akward shit. Cleary wanted out and he got out.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
He’s stolen the Avs so many games this year. Are there Rangers fans really trying to keep
This thread going as if it’s not a good move for Colorado lol?

Great trade. He’s been really good.

Don't put us all in the same basket! :) Glad Avs fans are happy with him actually and that he's got a spot to be a starter to be honest.

I'm probably one of the select few Ranger fans that actually didn't mind Georgiev at all. (I've actually watched quite a few Avs games to see how he's doing)

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Georgiev was great here when he got consistent starts. Hell, if not for Shesterkin existing, he'd be the starter and he'd be fine.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Feels too early to admit we lost the trade.
Can we Avs fans at least keep deluding ourselves until those 3 prospects make the NHL or at least sign their ELCs?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00