Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Alexandar Georgiev for 2022 3rd and 5th round picks, and 2023 3rd round pick

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't understand either fanbase wanting to spike the football here. The bottom line is that the Rangers got great value for a player these boards thought was crap, and the team couldn't afford to bring back anyway. Colorado got a goalie who has played beyond their expectations. Georgiev wanted to start, and now gets to start on the defending Cup champion with a great roster in front of him. Literally everyone won this trade.
It's because there's a group of Rangers fans who HATES Georgiev and I mean HATES who wants him to fail badly. One of them went to the Avs boards after a PRESEASON game.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
It's because there's a group of Rangers fans who HATES Georgiev and I mean HATES who wants him to fail badly. One of them went to the Avs boards after a PRESEASON game.

Can we lock the thread ? Lol
Only up to date deals should be referenced Imo
Good deal for both teams btw

Reactions: egelband

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Georgiev is a fantastic goalie. He’s the best goalie the Avs have had in ages.

Avs won this trade by miles and miles. Not against the NYR… but they won this trade against teams like Edmonton or Chicago that made different goalie decisions this past summer.

I like this, it's an honest assessment, not everything has to be a win or lose for both teams involved.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

I guess, but that would make me frustrated at that poster, not the trade. Like, Georgiev made a point to celebrate big after beating the Rangers early in the season. A little bit of a dick move? Maybe. But I get it. He was frustrated. He was sandwiched between a legend and the next big thing (Shesterkin had pretty much been anointed as the next starter before he ever played an NHL game). None of that changes the fact that everyone got what they wanted/needed out of that trade. I guess some people (ie: the folks who went to your boards after a preseason game) just need to be miserable.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This Geo cat is Vezina level for the Avs. He’s amazing.

if the Oilers offered their 2023 1st for him unprotected, that’s a hell no from the Avs.

i wouldn’t trade him for either of Kappo or LaF straight up.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Only 1 of his last 6 games he's had a SV% of .900 or higher.

He's come crashing back down to earth.

Crashing down for sure.....

Screenshot_20221224-150727__01.jpg

Maybe Rangers fans are wondering if they got rid of the right guy?

Screenshot_20221224-151230.jpg

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
George has been great and Shesterkin is great. I would have moved George too if I were the Rangers. It's funny seeing his haters being silenced though.

Reactions: LOFIN

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Things seem to be coming apart for Georgiev. Will be interesting to see if he puts it back together

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Just so that we can be appropriate when we chuckle, how many games of a sample are you basing this on?

He has a .900 sv% in December. It's actually a bigger sample size than when he was playing lights out when the thread was bumped previously in November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad