Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Alexandar Georgiev for 2022 3rd and 5th round picks, and 2023 3rd round pick

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Georgiyev is one of the most inconsistent goalies in the NHL. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't have like 4 games in row above .900 during the course of a season his whole time with the Rangers.

Avs fans go wild now that he had two good games after he had a bad 6 out of 7.

He'll then have another slump.

As I said, let's see his stats when the season is over.
If he was "one of the most inconsistent goalies in thr NHL" he wouldn't be top-5 in SV% amongst all starters, period. And any Avs fan would tell you he has been remarkably consistent comparatively to any starter we've had since Varlamov. The only slide he's had this year was when the Avs were icing one of their top-6 forwards and two of their top-4 defensemen. It not hard to put the pieces together. What's Shesterkin's excuse? Talk about inconsistent.

Last edited by a moderator:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Haha, I love the excuses. "It's because we don't have an all-star team! That's why Geeeorgiev and Toews look like crap!".
For what we paid , he’s far out paced expectations. I’m happy with what he’s done with no offense. When our all star team comes back, look out.

Reactions: Alienblood

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I don't understand either fanbase wanting to spike the football here. The bottom line is that the Rangers got great value for a player these boards thought was crap, and the team couldn't afford to bring back anyway. Colorado got a goalie who has played beyond their expectations. Georgiev wanted to start, and now gets to start on the defending Cup champion with a great roster in front of him. Literally everyone won this trade.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I don't understand either fanbase wanting to spike the football here. The bottom line is that the Rangers got great value for a player these boards thought was crap, and the team couldn't afford to bring back anyway. Colorado got a goalie who has played beyond their expectations. Georgiev wanted to start, and now gets to start on the defending Cup champion with a great roster in front of him. Literally everyone won this trade.
agreed. Both teams did well in this trade so far.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Of course they won this trade against the Rangers. They have a starting goaltender while the Rangers have maybe a 5% chance that the 3rd round picks work out 4-5 years from now.
You are both right.
Rangers did not trade Geo at one point for what is thought to be a little more b'c they wanted injury insurance.
They did ok considering it was last minute, which is pref to avoid, but dat is wat it wuz.

But Oil and others now rue that they were hardball cheap.
By not listening to bern, they now see toughest conf rival reaping the benefits.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
You are both right.
Rangers did not trade Geo at one point for what is thought to be a little more b'c they wanted injury insurance.
They did ok considering it was last minute, which is pref to avoid, but dat is wat it wuz.

But Oil and others now rue that they were hardball cheap.
By not listening to bern, they now see toughest conf rival reaping the benefits.
Bern always knows. But GMs of teams don't listen.

Reactions: 63 others

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Georgiyev is one of the most inconsistent goalies in the NHL. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't have like 4 games in row above .900 during the course of a season his whole time with the Rangers.

Avs fans go wild now that he had two good games after he had a bad 6 out of 7.

He'll then have another slump.

As I said, let's see his stats when the season is over.
They're only going to get better as the team gets healthy and goes on a run

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
And look, we don’t know about Makar’s involvement. You are presuming he wasn’t involved because you hope he isn’t. For his sake and hockey’s sake, I hope so too. Would be bad for hockey. But we don’t know. It was five unnamed players from that team and only one has been strongly rumored, so there’s still four players and it doesn’t leave that many candidates.
Makar wasn't even in the area at the time of the assault and that's not speculation either

Reactions: missionAvs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern always knows. But GMs of teams don't listen.
Thank you, but while I greatly appreciate the kind word, it is overly so, so I must dissent.

bern's accuracy [which is the basis to measure correctness] is neither absolute, perfect, or the theoretically obtainable standard of flawless.

But I do get most of 'em right, even if we need to wait after the fact to verify that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Attachments

• 1671655329591.png
    1671655329591.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 2

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Yeah with how much Georgiev struggled as a backup towards the end of his time in NY, I don't see how the Rangers could've gotten more in the trade, and obviously Igor is the clear cut #1 there so they couldn't really keep him and have everyone be happy. I think Georgiev is better than many thought based on his struggles across sporadic starts as a backup but he really needs the consistent work to play up to his capabilities.

Reactions: smoneil

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
imagine the Rags with Buchnevich and GeorgieV

Hahahaha
From the Rangers POV, both of those trades were going to happen no matter what, regardless of how they have played for their new clubs. Buchnevich was a great player, but the Rangers decided to keep Kreider and that kinda sealed his faith after they drafted Lafreniere. They could not have afforded to keep him. Now value wise that trade was an absolute trainwreck by Drury. The Rangers fans were perplexed and angry about it then, and even more so now as Blais hasn't even been an NHL level player this season.

With Georgiev, as it has been stated, that relationship had come to an end, and the Rangers actually did well to extract some value out of that trade.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Excuse me sir, But this is HF. Not some everyone gets a trophy millennial little league game. Someone has to win the trade and someone has to lose the trade.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
it aint a win unless someone loses, that unfortunately is the world we live in now and its not jus hockey but life and society as a whole.

Reactions: smoneil

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Even if Georgiev becomes a really solid starter, after a larger sample size, the Rangers did what they had to. A trade needed to be made and they got decent value for a backup.

The real losers are teams like the Oilers who committed big money to a sieve.

• Love
Reactions: bernmeister

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Even if Georgiev becomes a really solid starter, after a larger sample size, the Rangers did what they had to. A trade needed to be made and they got decent value for a backup.

The real losers are teams like the Oilers who committed big money to a sieve.
To be honest Georgiev would probably struggle on the oilers and most , if not all their goalies do. Their system is trying to score lots of goals with no defensive structure or commitment from forwards or defense. They will never be contenders till they buy in to some sort of system.

Reactions: LOFIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad