Proposal: COL/EDM

Dkers77

Dkers77
Dec 11, 2017
Klefbom, and 1st 2019 for Barrie

Colorado gets an upgrade on left defense where they are weaker.
They have Erik Johnson and young QB Samuel Girard on the right side, but only Zadorov on the left.
I believe Klefbom has had on off year due to injury and the teams overall play. Please refer to last years stats, as they would be more indicative of his future play with the Avs.

Edmonton gets the right side D/QB they desperately need.

Edm D:
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Russell Davidson/Benning

Col D:
Zadorov Johnson
Klefbom Girard
Nemeth Barbario/Etc.

Dkers77

Dkers77
Dec 11, 2017
One for One, its a no brainer for Oilers...but I threw in next years first to seal it, assuming the Oilers are much better next season, and the pick is a latter first... I would hope anyway for the Oilers.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
One for One, its a no brainer for Oilers...but I threw in next years first to seal it, assuming the Oilers are much better next season, and the pick is a latter first... I would hope anyway for the Oilers.
The Oilers were supposed to be contenders this season. Who knows how they’ll be next season, but they need to make some changes. Starting with the GM.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
They have Erik Johnson and young QB Samuel Girard on the right side, but only Zadorov on the left.

You do know Girard is left handed, correct? He would ideally be a left side defender too, if handedness worked out across our defensive corps.

I'm not entirely opposed to the concept of this thread, but only because I think that 2019 1st is gold.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I believe Klefbom has had on off year due to injury and the teams overall play. Please refer to last years stats, as they would be more indicative of his future play with the Avs.

Edm D:
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Russell Davidson/Benning

Col D:
Zadorov Johnson
Klefbom Girard
Nemeth Barbario/Etc.

AVs are likely fine with the deal, but don't think the Oilers risk their 1st round pick...maybe a 2nd which might be enough? Also, your pairings are wrong Girard is a LHD.

Girard - Johnson
Klefbom - Zadorov (LH)
Nemeth - Meloche

AVs already have Makar/Timmins as RHD in their system which are likely 1-2 years away, but the 2nd pairing will be temporary and have Zadorov playing his offwing.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Klefbom had as many points as Barrie did last year. He also plays better defense, is younger, is bigger, and is signed to a great long term contract.

I know Klefbom is having a down year, but I expect him to bounce back.

Considering size, contract, and defensive play, I'm not sure I deal Klefbom 1-for-1. Let alone adding a 1st

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Klefbom had as many points as Barrie did last year. He also plays better defense, is younger, is bigger, and is signed to a great long term contract.

I know Klefbom is having a down year, but I expect him to bounce back.

Considering size, contract, and defensive play, I'm not sure I deal Klefbom 1-for-1. Let alone adding a 1st

I don't necessarily disagree that keeping Klefbom might be the better choice for the Oilers, but using point totals from last year to justify it is just silly.

Of course, I also think Barrie seems like a steep price to upgrade our 3rd pairing LHD. The 1st is tempting, but if I'm moving Barrie to Edmonton, my ask starts with Puljujarvi. We need wingers who can score more than we need an upgrade over Nemeth.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Stauffer was on the radio this morning saying a trade like this might be something the Oilers might look at (I realize Stauffer is an idiot lol). He didn't mention Barrie specifically, he mentioned a right handed shot that can produce and play on the PP and maybe they'd entertain trading Klefbom to get that guy.

I personally think this is a bad deal for Edmonton. Klefbom and Barrie are quite even value wise. No need to add a 1st. I also don't see why Colorado does this. Barrie basically is Colorado's secondary scoring since they have a lacklustre 2nd line.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Considering real life context, do you honestly believe there's anything informative about what you've said here? You realize and understand their team situations last season, right?
I mean obviously there is context. I'm not saying they are equal point producers. But I'm saying they are close enough, that when you consider all other factors, it's a bad deal for the Oilers.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Edm D:
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Russell Davidson/Benning

Col D:
Zadorov Johnson
Klefbom Girard
Nemeth Barbario/Etc.
Girard is a lefty, there's no one to take Barrie's place until Timmins/Makar are ready.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No interest from Edmonton

2019 1st + Caleb Jones

Not moving on from Klefbom while his value is in the tank

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Barrie
Sekera - Russell
Davidson - Benning

I’d actually be quite happy with this.

Last edited:

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Klefbom is going to bounce back next season to be a close to or a little worse than Barrie. Plus, I would rather keep the pick since I'm not sure if the Oilers are going to be good next season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Even though this doesn’t fit the needs of the Avs at all I take it. Seems like a pretty big overpayment for Barrie and would be hard to say no to.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

2019 1st + Caleb Jones

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Barrie
Sekera - Russell
Davidson - Benning

That 1st would have to be 2018 for Sakic to even remotely consider trading Barrie for futures.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

2019 1st + Caleb Jones

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Barrie
Sekera - Russell
Davidson - Benning

Why does the AVs need Jones? They're likely drafting another DMan and have little need for a player that can't even crack a weak DMan lineup.

The ask is either Puljujarvi or 2018-1st.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Edm D:
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Barrie
Russell Davidson/Benning

Col D:
Zadorov Johnson
Klefbom Girard
Nemeth Barbario/Etc.

Need more depth... not less... more

Its sad to say but oilers are likely looking at a rebuild. I think half their lineup on any given night is worst than their opponents

Get a couple draft picks successful... fill a couple holes... be a bit wiser on some ufa signings

Dont make 2 for 1 trades where you give up 2 and get 1

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Why does the AVs need Jones? They're likely drafting another DMan and have little need for a player that can't even crack a weak DMan lineup.

The ask is either Puljujarvi or 2018-1st.
LOL
Seriously man, he is a developing prospect. No reason to rush him along. Oiler management and fans are happy with his development. Why you gotta be like that? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad