Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Ceci was really good tonight. Was decent the game before. Not holding out on anything but maybe getting him away from Dion and throwing Chabot on his side was all he needed? Probably not because 300games of terrible hockey don't just magically go away, but it was a welcome surprise to have him play well.

Here's how he fared today:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ceci was really good tonight. Was decent the game before. Not holding out on anything but maybe getting him away from Dion and throwing Chabot on his side was all he needed? Probably not because 300games of terrible hockey don't just magically go away, but it was a welcome surprise to have him play well.

Yeah its hard to guage,when the last two teams we have played are pretty terrible..But so far i have like what i have seen from the entire defense TBH ,they seem to be much faster coming out of the DZone

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009

I think playing with guys with limited mobility only to head out on the next shift with someone who can actually move the puck must be incredibly difficult. It can't be easy changing your thought process when things change that significantly from shift to shift. I think the biggest improvement is going to be seen once the mobility of all defencemen becomes a lot more similar...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I am dead.

Seems reasonable to me.. If we need a shut down pair .. I think he is the most shut down pair ready D we have to put there. .

I like Harpur but ... from the AHL where there is more tolerence to the NHL shut down pair... is a pretty big jump.. AND Boro has been good .. He would be my first choice to try there

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
What are the chances that Sens land a Dhalin/Svechnikov/Zadina? I think the Sens will move up the standings a bit in the next few weeks. If so we might be around 8 or 9th in the draft order when it's all said and done.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I don't know if I'd want this version of Boro playing in the top four next season, but he's certainly been very good this year. I thought he was decent for the most part last season too once Boucher came in and gave him more instruction than Cameron, who basically told him to chase hits all the time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boro has definitely been doing the job and performing his role well. That's not to say he is a second pairing guy or has some hidden potential, though. Boro is becoming an 'elite' 5-6D the same way Pageau is considered an elite 3C. But let's not ruin things by putting him on the second pairing.

As for Ceci...I like the guy, but he is not a $4 mil player. I'd really have a hard time giving him anything more than whatever the minimum/qualifying raise would be on his current contract.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ceci is super strong mentally.

Kids been through a ton with the fans here and he always has good Body language, he never complains, always just plays hard and does his best which is pretty good.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Boro has definitely been doing the job and performing his role well. That's not to say he is a second pairing guy or has some hidden potential, though. Boro is becoming an 'elite' 5-6D the same way Pageau is considered an elite 3C. But let's not ruin things by putting him on the second pairing.

As for Ceci...I like the guy, but he is not a $4 mil player. I'd really have a hard time giving him anything more than whatever the minimum/qualifying raise would be on his current contract.

Gudbranson is currently looking at a contract extension in the 4M range, and you'd have to think his value (based on lower offensive production, age, injury history and no better defensively) is noticeably below Ceci's. UFA vs RFA has some distinction though in Gudbransons favor.

Qualifying is 3.35M.

Personally I cannot see a long term from the Ceci camp unless it is approaching 5M, and I cannot see the Sens ponying up that for 7 years. I think he is 2 years from UFA, he can always ride our arbitration for two years. If Alzner can get almost 5M long term for UFA last year, Ceci will get more, perhaps a fair bit more.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Think Ceci looks at Zaitsev’s deal as a comparable? 7 years, 4.5AAV

Have to wonder how many dmen will try to get a similar kind of contract.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Kids been through a ton with the fans here and he always has good Body language, he never complains, always just plays hard and does his best which is pretty good.

Too bad he is mentally weak at hockey.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

You'd have to be mentally strong to make so much mistakes without ever showing any emotion

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah its hard to guage,when the last two teams we have played are pretty terrible..But so far i have like what i have seen from the entire defense TBH ,they seem to be much faster coming out of the DZone
Meh I don’t care if the opponents are bad or good. If our guy plays well he plays well it’s the top hockey league on earth. Then we get into “oh the opponent was good that’s why he played bad he’s still good”. No. We must play well. Same goes for ceci. Yeah. New York is relatively bad. But he played well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Someone made this same comment about him and someone else close by who knew him personally made a hilarious comeback.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Someone made this same comment about him and someone else close by who knew him personally made a hilarious comeback.

I just accept Ceci for what he is as an improving but average top 4 RD.

He’s young, he’s getting better, I like his attitude, and I accept he’s not perfect.

I actually don’t know why everyone piles on Ceci. I guess he’s just that guy unfortunately

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just accept Ceci for what he is as an improving but average top 4 RD.

He’s young, he’s getting better, I like his attitude, and I accept he’s not perfect.

I actually don’t know why everyone piles on Ceci. I guess he’s just that guy unfortunately
I don’t get what people like so much about his attitude? He seems to have zero attitude. The guy goes out there and skates. Most nights makes a ton of mistakes. 100s of other players do the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad