OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I understand why - that dog is a total derp.

Reminds me of my puppy.

It might be because I had myself convinced he would catch at least one thing and failed every time. That and it was so entertaining to see the food keep on changing and gradually bigger and bigger things were getting thrown.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What kind of dogs do you guys have ? Mine is a springer spaniel/golden retriever mix.

DJPcZ16V4AA0TIT.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow that looks like the dog Lady Sunny came home with last night. Found it wandering the road and damn near got hit by the truck. We're trying to find its home.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We have the most perfect specimen of a pug that ever existed by the name of Lily Belle, she's old as can be (16) but she's been the best dog I could've ever had. We inherited our father-in-law's terrier (likely Jack Russell) named Ziggy and he's a menace that makes Dennis look like an angel. And then we have A LOT of cats because Navi had to run away and go and get knocked up at the first possible second last Christmas and then we went from 3 cats to 6. I was unemployed and couldn't afford to get her spayed at the time. The cats are Perch (Lady Sunny's cat) Navi her little mate Tesla (who is so freaking precious that he became the apple of our eye) there's also Monte, Coco and last but not least.... Whiny Butt and yes his name is Whiny Butt. The cat is gray tuxedo and I swear to God the only way to describe him is that if Kramer was a cat it would be him.

Sunny Junior and Lady Sunny refused to part ways with the babies

Reactions: dechire

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
A day off today so I think I'll watch some of my favorite Dr. Who episodes. When I have time I should go through a full marathon through seasons 1-4. Pretty much the only TV show I've ever gotten stuck to as I'm not really into movies or any TV shows.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also Tom Araya needs to chop the beard and dye his hair back to its natural color. If he did that he'd probably look damn near 20 years younger again. Every time I look at the guy I feel like I'm watching Saddam Hussein get captured again. I can't say he doesn't look his age but I can't say he has to either.

By the looks of it he still has a very young face under all that facial hair. I guess all things considered he's aged well.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Also Tom Araya needs to chop the beard and dye his hair back to its natural color. If he did that he'd probably look damn near 20 years younger again. Every time I look at the guy I feel like I'm watching Saddam Hussein get captured again. I can't say he doesn't look his age but I can't say he has to either.

By the looks of it he still has a very young face under all that facial hair. I guess all things considered he's aged well.

Because it's

images

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Anybody watch The Punisher on Netflix? Think it's my favorite of all the Marvel series. Jon Bernthal killed it as Frank Castle.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Damning with faint praise.
Marvel shows have definitely been in a slump for a while now. Luke Cage was sort of overrated (although I felt that became adjusted as people just accepted it as a deliberately paced superhero story about a bulletproof guy in Harlem and not Marvel making some kind of profound "important" social commentary.) A poo poo second half though. Iron Fist and The Defenders were both pretty terrible, although Iron Fist doesn't live up to the hype of how just terrible people make it out to be.

Iron Fist and The Defenders had the same showrunner, which is probably a sign of something.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Great band but I’ve had the luck to watch them live twice at festivals. Was pretty meh (not loud enough, bad sound etc).
One of the reasons I hate festivals - sound levels almost always suck unless you're right in front. Had a similar experience with Iron Maiden - sound was garbage the last time I saw them (set list wasn't too great either if I'm being frank).

Every time I've seen Slayer personally it's been at a smaller venue and it's been awesome though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
One of the reasons I hate festivals - sound levels almost always suck unless you're right in front. Had a similar experience with Iron Maiden - sound was garbage the last time I saw them (set list wasn't too great either if I'm being frank).

Every time I've seen Slayer personally it's been at a smaller venue and it's been awesome though.
Yeah, they also have (had) Hanneman coming out the left boxes and King out the right side which further complicates the sound experience when you're not right in the middle. At smaller locations there's definitely less of a risk there.

But I still don't get why their sound was that bad while other bands like Metallica, Motörhead, Rammstein, RATM or Slipknot all had killer sound at the same festivals. Araya's live voice was also just bad both times. At times he would just stop singing in the middle of lines for no apparent reason. Maybe they didn't want to be there and just cash in the paycheck. Still love 'em.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, they also have (had) Hanneman coming out the left boxes and King out the right side which further complicates the sound experience when you're not right in the middle. At smaller locations there's definitely less of a risk there.

But I still don't get why their sound was that bad while other bands like Metallica, Motörhead, Rammstein, RATM or Slipknot all had killer sound at the same festivals. Araya's live voice was also just bad both times. At times he would just stop singing in the middle of lines for no apparent reason. Maybe they didn't want to be there and just cash in the paycheck. Still love 'em.
Yeah I feel you - the last Maiden concert bummed me out the sound was so bad - if I didn't already know all of the words I probably would have gotten zero enjoyment. But with Festivals, you are switching out so much equipment that it's probably tougher to get stable sound. I would imagine Metallica was the headliner of this show - were they all on one stage? Sounds like an insane line up.

I'll never forgive myself for missing out on Dio-fronted Black Sabbath (they toured as "Heaven and Hell" once Ozzy came back to the band), with Motorhead and Judas Priest when I was younger. Now Dio and Lemmy are both gone forever. :(

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
On which episode / season are you?

Episode 2 of the first season. Make no mistake I really enjoyed the first episode. I think it's just the idea of tackling an entire franchise that's daunting. And by the looks of it I don't have enough time in my schedule to the necessary amount of binge watching for the show lol.

I'll get on board eventually but a huge pet peeve of mine is starting something and not being able to follow through with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad