Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
These vignettes with Sean O'Haire are already on my last nerve. The only thing I hate more than people who are pushy in favor of things like converting to their religion or joining the armed forces are people that strut in like "ACKSHUALLY!!!! YOU'RE BEING LIED TO!!!" and harp on this long Debbie Downer speech where everything sucks and nothing changes or gets fixed but that you listened to this dude carrying on bumming you out and wasting your time. There's valid points to be made by people like that and it is done correctly by men like Joe Rogan. His content is enlightening. This character in WWE on the other hand? Yeah he's just an asshole

One of my all time favourite Kurt Angle promo’s :laugh:
I remember watching this live and took years to find this again.

I'm swooning right now. Had they listened to him the Grizzlies would still be in Vancouver

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
YOOOOUUUUU GUUUUYYYYYSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM ANGLE JUST WON THE f***ING TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Shrieking intensifies anyway for history I already knew was gonna happen*

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What the unbelievable f*** did I just watch? Did Vince seriously, SERIOUSLY just make Brian Kendrick streak through the arena? Dude he was not gonna let it go until he got someone naked was he? Oh my God

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't know if getting down with the Brown is really that good of a gimmick. Like, the Nation of Domination was absolutely fantastic but this just feels forced and manufactured. The subject of racial discrimination deserves more than a random tangent by Teddy Long.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thuganomics John Cena is my tribal chief.

Also damn dude I completely forgot how overpowered Brock was. This isn't as ridiculous as Austin but it's funny how this big freaking monster always has to somehow overcome adversity while simultaneously being flexed as the biggest monster ever; who faces no adversity. "Let's figure out how to put Brock over in this match"

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh my goodness. You guys. Our Olympic Hero has a sinus infection and because of that he can't deal with that Jabroni Lesnar right now. And right before Valentine's Day of all times. Man if this would take Kurt freaking Angle out of action, you HAVE TO know this would probably kill a regular man.

Prayers sent Kurt. I love you

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Oh my goodness. You guys. Our Olympic Hero has a sinus infection and because of that he can't deal with that Jabroni Lesnar right now. And right before Valentine's Day of all times. Man if this would take Kurt freaking Angle out of action, you HAVE TO know this would probably kill a regular man.

You’re about to witness a whiplash at No Way Out

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Perc Angle is the best Angle

• Haha
Reactions: Voight

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You’re about to witness a whiplash at No Way Out

It's been some time since I've seen that match. Brock all but sent Haas and Benjamin into orbit from those suplexes he gave after his "hot tag"

Edit: I'm just now realizing you might mean this is when he broke his neck. If so I actually didn't know even today when that happened. I was kind of hoping to see if I could spot when it happened perhaps and hadn't seen anything yet. No Way Out makes total sense
Perc Angle is the best Angle

Was this when he was going through his painkiller problem? I would have thought it was after his comeback towards the beginning of summer 2003 after his neck surgery?

Also the more Raw changes the more it stays the same. It is really a chore to get through sometimes. Thank the good Lord that the Evolution storyline is shaping up so interestingly

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's been some time since I've seen that match. Brock all but sent Haas and Benjamin into orbit from those suplexes he gave after his "hot tag"

Was this when he was going through his painkiller problem? I would have thought it was after his comeback towards the beginning of summer 2003 after his neck surgery?

Also the more Raw changes the more it stays the same. It is really a chore to get through sometimes. Thank the good Lord that the Evolution storyline is shaping up so interestingly

Yeah, the pills are more 2003 and forward. But its still his most entertaining stuff

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

Edit: I'm just now realizing you might mean this is when he broke his neck. If so I actually didn't know even today when that happened. I was kind of hoping to see if I could spot when it happened perhaps and hadn't seen anything yet. No Way Out makes total sense

Yeah, was referencing when he gets thrown into the turnbuckle awkwardly

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Didn't Angle break his neck before the No Way Out match? I thought I remember the reason for that 6 man tag was so that Angle didn't have to do much.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A few thoughts on Smackdown, not quite at No Way Out yet

Hollywood Rock is hilarious but it feels about as mailed in as his title run before SummerSlam 2002.

If Nathan Jones was good as his hype videos he'd have been a GOAT. I completely forgot he was around in early 2003. I just remember him on team Lesnar. Guy was a friggin tank. It's too bad he wasn't that good. I just know at one point he and Taker were supposed to team up at Mania but Nathan got hurt or something.

I remember the "Moore-ons" but I hope at some point Matt Hardy wins the Cruiserweight title (he's gettin' slimmed down MAAANNN!!!!) and Shannon Moore stands up to Hardy and beats him up for it. That would be a fantastic story arc. This is the best version of Matt Hardy I've seen for sure. Just downright revolting levels of narcissism. I absolutely LOVE it

Lesnar must have been getting his hair cut like every single week without exception. It's noticeable change in his appearance. Guy was straight up bald half the time when he first debuted

Matt Bloom does not get enough credit for his time as Albert. Yeah his gimmick was of a big, dumb meathead that got fed to whatever big time babyface. But it's like "Oh shit" basically every time he comes out. He's done a better job than anyone of keeping the reputation of the top guys in tact than anyone

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving American Badass Taker maybe more than any babyface on Smackdown right now but I sorely wish he got more run time with the "Red Devil"/"Booger Red" beating people's ass over "RESPECK" unprovoked

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Alright I think I know where Kurt broke his neck again. Lesnar basically did a snake eyes into the turnbuckle and I did see Angle's neck whip back. Dude the match went on for like another 10 minutes or more. He cracked 4 vertebrae in his neck and then wrestled Benoit for several minutes, had Brock not only F5 him but had Brock suplex him into low earth orbit. And this was after continuing an entire match with a severe concussion after a botched pedigree into the announce table a few years earlier.

I don't even have words for this. Kurt Angle is another breed. I don't know man. He probably deserves the title of GOAT technical wrestler.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude. Raw sucks dawg. Like I thought Smackdown post Summer Slam 2003 was bad. But this is getting close to "change the channel" bad like that was. This whole "wrath of Bischoff" thing is getting more stale than 6 month old bread. For the love of everything good can we PLEASE get something different?

Also, I'm "this close" to breaking out the Statler and Waldorf Muppet Show memes when it comes to what they're doing with Chris Jericho. We got to watch Stacy get the Walls Of Jericho slapped on her for like 3 minutes while Test was handcuffed. This guy is like a top 5 in the business and he's being wasted on this garbage. Booo! BOOOO!!! I said boooo damn it! If this dude gets any worse he's gonna rival year 2000 DX and boy I didn't think it could get worse. He's been lost in the wilderness for nearly a year now and it's unbearable

Also, bring back the IC title for God's sake. I can only watch Jeff Hardy wallow in misery for so long as a singles competitor with nothing to fight for

Austin's back next week. Wee right? I'm sorry but I can't get hype for this

Evolution is about the only thing keeping me going on Raw right now save for the fact that maybe I can savor Victoria's title reign just a little bit longer before Trish eventually takes it and King uncontrollably screams about puppies again for the 883rd time

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's occurring to me (the hard way) that I'm a year away from Eddie winning the title. I'm getting goosebumps thinking of Michael Cole's call when Eddie won

Ehhhh.... I'm really not looking forward to Vince stabbing Hulk with a pen at their contract signing. I didn't care for it when I saw it, probably not going to when I see it again

Dude Edge is hurt???!! No. HELL NO

Also God I feel old hearing "Bring me to life" by Evanescence. It's screwing me up that such a classic song is 20 years old

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
God Smackdown is incredible. Stephanie sets up a stipulation that if Lesnar can beat Haas and Benjamin in a handicap match, Brock gets to face anyone he wants on Team Angle in a steel cage the next week. He chooses Heyman after he wins. I marked out SO f***ing hard 20 years ago when that happened and it happened again but for a totally different reason.

Guys, Kurt is a gem. He's throwing a temper tantrum with Heyman begging him to calm down (and also more worried about being nearly F5'd) because Angle knows he's gotta face music. But Brock gets on the mic all "KEEERRRRTTTT. IM SET UP WEEK KERT! I GET ANYONE I WANT IN A CAGE KERT." Kurt is just tantruming like a child and suddenly it's "YOU KNOW WHO I PICK KERT? PAWL HAYMIN!"

And the look on Angle's face guys. My God it's priceless. It's the best "Sucks to be you. Not my problem" face I've ever seen. He plays such a slimebag. And to perfectly cooked perfection. He really is my hero guys

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

My buddies bumped an old picture of us meeting Mick Foley in 2013 along with a photo of us at an AEW event a few years back. That reminded me of that we had tickets for Raw in June 2003. But I had to give up my seat since I went to Game 4 Devils@Ducks instead.

This was a time before I had DVR, so I never did get to rewatch it. I remember looking it up a few years back and laughed when I saw The Hurricane as part of the main event. I found the match on YouTube today and there was a peculiar finish almost akin to the recent Ray Fenix / Jon Moxley match. Earl Hebner was expecting The Hurricane to kick out so he didn't count to three, only to call for the bell a few moments later.

Anybody remember the circumstances around that one?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So tonight on Raw

HHH orates for 10 minutes -again

OMGAUSTINSBACK!!! So I already know I'm gonna be sitting there for an hour and a half waiting.

Bischoff has 3 different "welcoming committees" waiting to ambush him -yeah that's gonna go great.

A funny as hell skit with Hurricane and Rock but sadly I've seen it probably 25 times over the years

Somewhat better heel work from Jericho giving Test a conchairto with Christian and beating the hell out of Shawn Michaels -but bluntly predictable

Scott Steiner vs Booker T

I see the pyro on the ring posts so I have to assume it's Kane and RVD being hurried as hell so we can get Stone Cold at the end

0904623b19eb280850e7db0d1b37a13256488848.gif

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
September 03 for me. Michael Cole just wondered aloud if Shaniqua and Shelton Benjamin were the same person.

Different times!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad