Confirmed with Link: Clarke MacArthur signs 5 year contract

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He definitely gave the Sens the term and dollars they wanted.

The NMC seems to be the quid pro quo. Gives him the leverage he needs to screw the sens if they try and take advantage of the dollars and term he gave up by trading him down the road.

Very reasonable contract given his production. He doesn't have a ton of bad miles on him. I'm comfortable letting him play to 35.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Am I the only one that thinks the Sens massively overpaid for MacArthur, considering Melnyk doesn't want to spend to the cap?
MacArthur last year was easily a 5m player and a hard working speedy player we sorely lacked, and also his extension still won't kick in until next year so he'll get his money when the cap is higher

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
MacArthur last year was easily a 5m player and a hard working speedy player we sorely lacked, and also his extension still won't kick in until next year so he'll get his money when the cap is higher

Just seems to me that they're putting an awful lot of faith in one player long-term after one good value season...

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Just seems to me that they're putting an awful lot of faith in one player long-term after one good value season...

Turris and Macarthur were the only 2 players that showed chemistry together last year. I think when u see that you have to re-sign him, at worst he's our 2nd line centre in 3-4 years.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Thanks for identifying the source.

The recording quality was poor, so that is probably why Bryan Murray sounded weak.

I get annoyed when I sign in to TSN videos as a Bell subscriber and then have to sit through two ads.

His voice didn't sound good. good quality or not

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Am I the only one that thinks the Sens massively overpaid for MacArthur, considering Melnyk doesn't want to spend to the cap?

No, there's also another guy who called MacA a 3rd liner.

2010-11 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 82 21 41 62
2011-12 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 73 20 23 43
2012-13 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 40 8 12 20
2013-14 Ottawa Senators NHL 79 24 31 55

Last 4 seasons, he has averaged 22 goals and 32 assists (54 points) per 82 games

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The contract is near the going rate. He may have gotten a few more dollars on a much shorter term but it would have also depended on how he performed this coming year. Good security for Mac and good for the Sens to lock up a solid top 6 LW. Mac and Turris are a very good duo. Call it a 1st or 2nd line at least 1 line is a locked in long term regardless of who plays the right side.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Michalek-Zibanejad-X (Ryan :crossfing)
MacArthur-Turris-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Stone

Cowen-Karlsson
Ceci

Lehner

All signed mid/long term or are locks to be signed to long termers eventually (Zib, Ceci, Lazar,etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad