Confirmed with Link: Clarke MacArthur signs 5 year contract

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Disagree. He's a 2nd liner on almost any team in the league.

If he plays like he did last year, he's an exceptional 2nd liner on any team in the league. I think its a fantastic signing.

The Sens probably had a choice, give him a higher annual salary and knock a couple years off, or give him the term they did and get him for under 5.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Murray sounds like he always does.

The term is too long for sure, Mac is basically a third liner on an elite team and if this team starts improving and he gets pushed down the lineup, yikes.

I guess it' s a Murray signing, guy says he wants to be here and he just says yes and overpays somehow. Hopefully Mac produces 50-70 points a year and is consistent...

Man, this wins hands down worst post of the day, or most needlessly negative at least.

No one in their right mind has ever thought of MacA as a third liner. This is the perfect term and money for a good 2nd liner. In this age of extravagant contracts, we should all be relieved one of our top-6 forwards signed a reasonable one under $5 million!.

Kudos Murray and co.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Has their been an interview with MacArthur yet? Usually their is an interview with a player after he is signed.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Murray sounds like he always does.

The term is too long for sure, Mac is basically a third liner on an elite team and if this team starts improving and he gets pushed down the lineup, yikes.

I guess it' s a Murray signing, guy says he wants to be here and he just says yes and overpays somehow. Hopefully Mac produces 50-70 points a year and is consistent...

This reminds me of how the Leafs rated him before they let him walk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Good week so far:
Monday - Borowiecki extension
Tuesday - MacArthur extension
Wednesday - ?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good to see one of the bigger names on the team signed.

However, I don't expect him to repeat last year's performance. 50 points per year from here on out will probably be his level.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This isn't the 80's.

Especially as left winger, if you're a consistent 20 goal 50 point player, you're a top 6 player in the league.

MacArthur would be a first line left winger on maybe 1/3 or more of the teams in the league, and a second line left winger on almost every team. If you can't last year's rosters plus trade deadline acquisitions, there's probably less than 5 teams where MacArthur wouldn't have slotted in at least second on LW depth.

It's not a home run, 4 million would have been a home run, but it's a good contract for a good player with good term.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Glad you made the 5 point distinction

What I mean is, 50 points will probably be his max from here on out. I don't expect him to reach, or exceed 54 points. But, the guy brings a solid work ethic, is a battler and a leader that goes beyond point totals.

Somehow, I have a feeling he'll get ripped to shreds by the fanbase if he doesn't hit higher numbers, though.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What I mean is, 50 points will probably be his max from here on out. I don't expect him to reach, or exceed 54 points. But, the guy brings a solid work ethic, is a battler and a leader that goes beyond point totals.

Somehow, I have a feeling he'll get ripped to shreds by the fanbase if he doesn't hit higher numbers, though.

Why do people always put a cap on a player?

He may or may not exceed those point totals. Who knows, too many dynamics to determine the outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad